Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Work
Only two possibilities here:
1) The dealership removed the harness during the hitch install. If this is the case, it's their responsibility to fix it.
2) Ford factory messed up building your truck (while unlikely that they would forget to put in the harness, there haven been a few ridiculous build mistakes reported here and there on this forum). If this is the case, dealer should be fixing it and sending the bill to Ford.

That's it. There is no possible explanation here that does not involve the dealer fixing your truck at no cost to you.
I do think they removed everything and screw it up HARD going back together with several big oversights.
let you know tomorrow. Thanks for your support.
Sponsored

Charley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT FX4 Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear of the problem.

There is a big chance that they jumped the gun, thinking the Ranger is a mini F150 (which is what happened to me when I had the TBC installed) and are just plain lost.

Major thread about whats needed and how to:
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/trucks-w-o-tow-package.1712/page-12#post-137282

Instructions: post #46, a pdf download and I followed this when i did the install on my truck.
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/trucks-w-o-tow-package.1712/page-4

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/trucks-w-o-tow-package.1712/page-12#post-137282
look at posts 172 and 179 :
KB3Z-15K868-A: 4 pin harness w/o sensors
KB3Z-15K868-B: 4 pin harness w/sensors
KB3Z-15K868-C: 4/7 pin harness w/o sensors (the one I need)
KB3Z-15K868-D: 4/7 pin harness w/sensors

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Not too wordy.
I requested the ford brand from the ford accessory catalog. Maybe I should have been a little more thorough but assumed they would add the factory.
Yes, I asked about the weights that it’s capable of towing and they reassured me this was class III at 7500#. Didn’t ask about tongue amount.
I am most certainly worried about the whole operation now!
I hadn’t even thought about computer adjustments.
Hope I haven’t made a terrible start out of the gate with my new purchase.
My new checklist is
1. make sure sensors are hooked up
2. Make sure all wiring works for truck and to an attached trailer. (Brakes, turns and running lights)
3. Get plastic trim fixed
4. Make sure this is whole thing isn’t a new money pit of problems.
I’m so upset this is happening at a major dealership.
There is such a huge difference in the quality, and even the integrity, among dealerships, though they all carry the Ford name. The moral is, if you happened on a poor dealership, contact the central Ford authorities to demand satisfaction. Then, do not ever patronize that dealership again. There are plenty of others that operate professionally and honestly. Once you find one of them, stick with them for life!

OP
OP
Shortbed

Shortbed

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Work
So update.
I have spoke with service representative this am. He had no idea, same as the gentleman on Saturday. Verification that no one is attempting to solve the issues.
I did get an email address of managers and have started a thread of issues regarding the sensors leading into the installations going towards all the problems in a two week time span.
I hope to get the right items installed and running right.
mill keep you all posted.

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
The factory hitch is a Class 4 hitch — Aftermarket (Curt — Draw Tite) are Class 3. Both aftermarket brands are weight distributing rated and if used with the bars then each is rated as a Class 4 @ 8000 pounds.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Or until the personnel turn over; it's a business, not a person.
Hey, Mike, yeah, of course, dealers can change over time for better or worse. I should have said, "stick with them for life or until they screw up!"

OP
OP
Shortbed

Shortbed

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Work
I would take the sticker that shows all the features and tell them it still needs to have those features.
I can request the sticker from the factory. I plan on that. I have spent several hours in phone chats and emails and phone calls. I’m pretty sure I will not buy again. I might even trade this vehicle off as soon as I’m done.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I can request the sticker from the factory. I plan on that. I have spent several hours in phone chats and emails and phone calls. I’m pretty sure I will not buy again. I might even trade this vehicle off as soon as I’m done.
I understand your frustration, but please don't be hasty in blaming either the Ford organization or the Ranger brand. You happened upon an incompetent and dishonest dealer, whom you can avoid in future. I hasten to add that I do not belong to Ford in any capacity. I am just an owner who found a good dealer early on who has experienced zero problems with that dealer or the Ranger.

OP
OP
Shortbed

Shortbed

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Work
I understand your frustration, but please don't be hasty in blaming either the Ford organization or the Ranger brand. You happened upon an incompetent and dishonest dealer, whom you can avoid in future. I hasten to add that I do not belong to Ford in any capacity. I am just an owner who found a good dealer early on whose has experienced zero problems with my dealer or the Ranger.
I have always wanted a Ford. Always. I buy now and this. I understand it’s not the corporation or product. But the parent isn’t doing ANYTHING to assist. There is a pain in that realization. I reached out to the forum for help and everyone is helping. Just as I calm down and feel problems are getting solved, I get another phone call the people at the dealership that don’t know what’s going on. Feel like they are railroading me. I don’t feel I’m being unreasonable.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
The dealership is definitely railroading you (to use polite language suitable for a family-oriented forum), but I would be shocked and disappointed if the higher-level Ford folks do not make this right....

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I have always wanted a Ford. Always. I buy now and this. I understand it’s not the corporation or product. But the parent isn’t doing ANYTHING to assist. There is a pain in that realization. I reached out to the forum for help and everyone is helping. Just as I calm down and feel problems are getting solved, I get another phone call the people at the dealership that don’t know what’s going on. Feel like they are railroading me. I don’t feel I’m being unreasonable.
have you tried going to a different dealer, and did you get a case opened from ford customer service (that another dealer could reference)?

OP
OP
Shortbed

Shortbed

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Work
before you go to the extreme and sell your truck over some shithole dealer service, go find another dealer first.

and then reflect on the process from corporate Ford.
covid likely has them strangled for manpower, they dont just answer Ford Ranger complaints and they get both sides of the story before they react....they just dont go in like a wrecking ball everytime a consumer complains. they follow a process.
i dont know exactly what you were expecting.....did you hope to see padlocks on the doors, the day after your complaint and a sheriff standing out front telling people the dealership has been closed by court order for failing to make a customer happy?
we only have a snap shot of this problem from you on this forum.
if you went to another dealer earlier, you might have the solution already.
Absolutely agree. I didn’t expect a shut down. Some of my expectations were to find out if anyone else has sensor issues or had a hitch installed and couldn’t have both options. After research and investigating I know now that everything depends on the peopl running the operation. From my end I’m getting resistance from the only entity that can help immediately. I am simply reaching out to go one level higher for pressure to solve this issue. It’s been ongoing for two weeks.
I’m trying to best get a solution. Thanks for your input.
Sponsored