Overall FORD Quality

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
The other day I got in and was very confused when the dual zone was set to be used separately. One side was on low and one was 85 degrees. Ghost in the Ranger did that because it wasn’t me.
This is really dangerous you're lucky you didn't end up with a tornado forming in your truck!

Friggen paint on the Ranger is the main thing I have to complain about. Just have to look at it and it chips. Just got the whole hood repainted because of chips. I had to take it in because someone hit me and very minor damage and had the hood redone since I was there. Never seen so many bug deflectors on the front of a model truck before now I know why. I just do not like the look of them but I might add one.
Paint is apparently crap across the board from the environmental push. The more eco-friendly/water-based the paint gets the worse it gets. I just resigned myself to plasti-dip the whole truck at some point, the chips from living on gravel roads are not something I can keep up with.

LifeisaBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I know Ford, among other car brands, has had their quality issues. However, isn't the Ranger one of Ford's most reliable cars? The most recent Consumer Reports Auto issue has the Ranger as one of only two recommended trucks in the midsize class (other is Honda Ridgeline). Yes, Toyota Tacoma was not recommended. Certainly, this factored into my buying decision. Am I missing something about Ranger's reliability compared to others in its class?

poplar_creek

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Ag Technical Service
My 22 has been sitting at the dealer since Nov 3 waiting on bearings and a rear end with no estimated parts date. I called the ford service number and got a case started on it for escalation, but I don’t think that is going to do any good honestly. They say it has been escalated to “off road” status so that it moves up the list, but there is yet again no idea of parts availability due to the supplier. Quality inspection should have caught the whining before it ever left the factory. I think I would have much rather had it sit there to be fixed than drive it two weeks and have to give it back.

Milton Lee

First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lariat 4X2
Occupation
Retired USN F14 Tomcat fixer
The quality on my 2019 Ranger and 2021 Shelby has been excellent. No complaints.
I also have had no issues with my 2019 Ranger, to has been a good truck.
If Ford wanted to improve their reputation among Ford owners, they would back the shoddy parts installed in their trucks at no charge to the customer.
Sure it would cost them money, but it too would ensure global customer base. That use to matter to Ford, not so much anymore, and it has began to show with longtime customers, brand loyalty is not a thing anymore. The reason has to do with great looking care and trucks that are poorly made. I love my Ranger and intend to keep it. I use independent shops with experienced mechanics that fix the problem the first time and keep it running well.

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
But you scrape the sensor area don't you? I may not scrape my entire windshield out of laziness, but I make sure the camera/sensor is clean.
Can someone please tell me where this precollision sensor is? My warning for this went off this morning, we had pretty heavy frost here.
Thanks in advance

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Can someone please tell me where this precollision sensor is? My warning for this went off this morning, we had pretty heavy frost here.
Thanks in advance
The pre-collision assist system uses a camera at the top of the windshield by the rear view mirror. Its works with the adaptive cruise control radar if your truck has it.

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
Not much to say about my 2019 for complaints.

The one thing I'm scared of is the Hvac system messing up. From what I've heard its an instant 2k bill. Im a bit mad that Ford seems to be turning their heads on this issue.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
The pre-collision assist system uses a camera at the top of the wind shield by the rear view mirror. Its works with the adaptive cruise control radar if your truck has it.
Behind the curious slanted red line.

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Not much to say about my 2019 for complaints.

The one thing I'm scared of is the Hvac system messing up. From what I've heard its an instant 2k bill. Im a bit mad that Ford seems to be turning their heads on this issue.
Same here with a '19 nothing ( well a slowly dying battery) as for the heater box every time i hear it run its positioning at start up or changing the controls i think to myself,
'Is this the day it goes south' :crazy: Thank goodness i have the Ford Extended warranty.

Beez

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat, 2.5 Leveler, MBRP 3" Exhaust
Occupation
Just another incredibly super average dude
At about 29k miles the fuel door plunger release jettisoned from it's seat in the door molding. I couldn't figure out why the door wouldn't click out, then I realized the plunger was broke. The molding that held it in place was so thin that it finally just gave way... Now I have to try to dig it out with my finger nails, which (being a dude), I do not have much of.. Not gunna lie, this is kind of a PITA at every fill up. This mechanism must have been intended for a disposable Ford Fiesta. Clearly its engineering and functional design falls short of "truck worthy". (Imho)

Fuel Door Plunger Thingy.jpg

Beez

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat, 2.5 Leveler, MBRP 3" Exhaust
Occupation
Just another incredibly super average dude
......And seriously, what the (censored!) is up with the lack of any tailgate assist on the Ranger? I mean, I know this is a sensitive subject, but honestly. Does any other truck in their "class" not have an assist included as standard equipment? The first time the thing slammed open, I had to recheck the badge on the fender and was shocked to see that it was in fact a Lariat.

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
For all my Ford's I have owned have been quite good. Only issue with my current Ranger lacking a heater so defogging windshield is terrible. At 3K miles my starter self destructed. But that a supplier issue. Otherwise happy.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
......And seriously, what the (censored!) is up with the lack of any tailgate assist on the Ranger? I mean, I know this is a sensitive subject, but honestly. Does any other truck in their "class" not have an assist included as standard equipment? The first time the thing slammed open, I had to recheck the badge on the fender and was shocked to see that it was in fact a Lariat.
Good thing because I'd be out of a job. :whew::confused:?

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/dz43206-19-22-ranger-deezee-tailgate-assist.html
Sponsored