Metal Geezer

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase
I play with woodworking tools both old and new, build vacuum tube guitar amps, and spend summers by a lake.

852CD595-3166-4591-9096-7FA8473466B9.jpeg

41F5A10A-E1DB-4E82-9E61-B05435B9FF6E.jpeg

3EAB9974-869E-4EED-AD41-F89CBA760609.jpeg

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
I'm rehabbing a dated 108" ginzu groomer and will retail it after done. I'd post more pictures if anyone here is interested in seeing its progress. Its mostly welding, painting and replacing parts. Here is them at YTS who manufacturers them.
P1090570.jpg

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Been in the Antique Clock Repair and Restoration business for 46 years now as a side business. My collection consists of over 200 antique clocks but Margie only allows about 50 in the house on the wall....

Clocks.jpg

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Hi Folks,

Been in the Antique Clock Repair and Restoration business for 46 years now as a side business. My collection consists of over 200 antique clocks but Margie only allows about 50 in the house on the wall....

Clocks.jpg

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Very nice Phil. My uncle was an old clock nut also. BTW, I've got an old onion head that needs some little nylon bushings. Now I know who to call. :)

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
Hi Folks,

Clocks.jpg

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Wow Phil kudos can not imagine what it takes to restore one .

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Hi Folks,

Clocks.jpg

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I bet with the new hearing aids, you hear everyone of them. :LOL:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Folks,

Clocks.jpg

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Good thing they're not all Cuckoo clocks! You'd never get any sleep.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Good thing they're not all Cuckoo clocks! You'd never get any sleep.
Hi Dave,

All these clocks can run and my old Michigan house 25 run all the time. Here none of them run but my Tall Case clock from the 1880 era. I do not work on 400 day anniversary clocks or Cuckoo Clocks. Anniversary due to the nightmare of adjusting the forks to the balance and cuckoo because to remove the clock movement, you had to destroy the bellows that created the cuckoo sound as the bellows were glued into the case and you had to bust the case apart. I hate to destroy anything on a clock to repair it.

Okay...back story....I had a reputation for fixing any clock.... So this couple shows up at my house in Michigan. They presented me with a clock made by a prominent French maker. I was aghast. this clock had an appraised value of over $500,000. The owners were able to offer me tons of money to get it running...So there it sat. I started the pendulum and listened to it tick/tock...It was not even in the tick to the next tock to the next tock...not in beat. So I reached into the mechanism and made an adjustment to the pendulum mechanism and it got the tick, tock, tick, tock in even cadence.

The owners were amazed and asked me for my fee. I said as this was the mos valuable clock I on which I had ever touches....so no charge. Once in a life time experience.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wow Phil kudos can not imagine what it takes to restore one .
Hi Marty,

The case restoration is very challenging. Making the top moldings by hand is so satisfying when you cannot tell the difference. Most of these clocks on the wall should have been thrown on the fire pit and burned. To bring them back to life is great. My oldest clock was made in 1680...the change to a two handed clock.. Time beyond the hour was not necessary.

Best,
P

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
Hi Marty,

The case restoration is very challenging. Making the top moldings by hand is so satisfying when you cannot tell the difference. Most of these clocks on the wall should have been thrown on the fire pit and burned. To bring them back to life is great. My oldest clock was made in 1680...the change to a two handed clock.. Time beyond the hour was not necessary.

Best,
P
phil , it all sounds amazing . Love your " showroom " wall .

24dRanger

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Well I’ve “retired” from motorcycles and hunting so I’m down to woodworking and cooking as pastimes. i am currently reconfiguring my shop into mechanics/lawn stuff on one side and dedicated woodworking on the other.

Also we live on a 14 acre pasture that my wife won’t let me get any livestock for so we spend a fair amount of time during Alabama summer (March to October).

I’m hoping that primers become available again so I can resume making ammo again. I was just gonna get started again when it vanished.

Jeffsmith13

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger xlt supercrew 4x4 iconic silver
Occupation
Railroad engineer
Primers are the hardest things to get right now.