Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Will this improve the ride quality of the rear end? Looking for a plusher ride to match my King piggybacks, similar to what a Deaver spring pack provides. TIA
I wonder if the OME leaf springs will get rid of the driver's side lean that plagues so many of the 2019s?
We haven't tried them out ourselves (and likely won't for a while), so I can't speak from experience.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to dig up specs on the stock leaf springs for at least an on-paper comparo, but I'll see what I can do.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So now it is available and I am having a hard time not buying this!! I even have a guy at my dealer wanting to help me put it in!!

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
This is probably the route I will go. I absolutely need more capacity in the rear end and this would handle that task as well as clean up the overall ride compared to stock system. My other thought was the Fox 2.0 with an Add A Leaf set up. Just have to decide and then find the money.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is probably the route I will go. I absolutely need more capacity in the rear end and this would handle that task as well as clean up the overall ride compared to stock system. My other thought was the Fox 2.0 with an Add A Leaf set up. Just have to decide and then find the money.
If you talk to Jason at Stage 3 he can help with pricing for you. Currently I'm in the wait for that price.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
I’ve already order the leaf pack. Just waiting for a shipping notice now. I’ll post pictures once they show up.

I’m hopefully they will let the rear flex more and they don’t sag too much with a RTT with gear in the bed.

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I wonder what the differences between the OME and the much anticipated Icon leaf packs will be... Jason?

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I wonder what the differences between the OME and the much anticipated Icon leaf packs will be... Jason?
Too my understanding with Old Man EMU all their suspension parrs are awesome. Toyota and jeep guys like them out here in the states and a lot of people in Australia love them since they do what they are ment to do. Also Australia has height restrictions so you cant have a 20ft high truck for no reason. The one thing that annoys me out here.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Here are a few videos from Old Man EMU to help explain why I chose them.

Guinness

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I’ve already order the leaf pack. Just waiting for a shipping notice now. I’ll post pictures once they show up.

I’m hopefully they will let the rear flex more and they don’t sag too much with a RTT with gear in the bed.
After they arrive, would you mind measuring those bolts that come up in the center of the leaf before you put them on? Curious how far apart they are/how much space they need in a u-bolt plate.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After they arrive, would you mind measuring those bolts that come up in the center of the leaf before you put them on? Curious how far apart they are/how much space they need in a u-bolt plate.
Sure thing, they are out for delivery now. Plan to install them tonight!

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Not sure. I haven't seen ICON's final specs yet. They were still in the final testing phases with the Ranger they brought to our shop. I'll see if I can dig something up once ICON opens.

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
@Andy , which leaf pack did you go with. with no gear in the rear of my truck I am hauling an extra 500lbs on my truck with cap, rtt, awning, sliders, ect. I was considering the medium spring but don't want to go too firm either. Curious which ones you ordered and what your current approximate extra load is day to day. Thanks

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Andy , which leaf pack did you go with. with no gear in the rear of my truck I am hauling an extra 500lbs on my truck with cap, rtt, awning, sliders, ect. I was considering the medium spring but don't want to go too firm either. Curious which ones you ordered and what your current approximate extra load is day to day. Thanks
I went with the 1.7” lift pack for the best ride on the icon 2.5” shocks. They say 1.5” is the “optimal” lift height but they can go higher just didn’t get the feeling they recommend much higher than this and the 2.2” leaf pack might be extending the shocks too far and ruin the ride as well as mentioning they are for a 660lb constant load.

The weight limit on the 1.7” leafs says 12,000 lbs which we would never get to anyways so I didn’t think I’d want to add the heavier leafs even if I did get the extra lift. My estimated travel loaded bed weight with all the gear is close to 400lbs. That’s including all the camping gear, rtt, bed cover, rack, air compressor, fuel & water cans ect. Anything forward of the leafs I’m not considering a bed load since the front of the truck would absorb some of that weight. I don’t think I could add up much more than that unless I was going for a bed full of gravel.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
I went with the 1.7” lift pack for the best ride on the icon 2.5” shocks. They say 1.5” is the “optimal” lift height but they can go higher just didn’t get the feeling they recommend much higher than this and the 2.2” leaf pack might be extending the shocks too far and ruin the ride as well as mentioning they are for a 660lb constant load.

The weight limit on the 1.7” leafs says 12,000 lbs which we would never get to anyways so I didn’t think I’d want to add the heavier leafs even if I did get the extra lift. My estimated travel loaded bed weight with all the gear is close to 400lbs. That’s including all the camping gear, rtt, bed cover, rack, air compressor, fuel & water cans ect. Anything forward of the leafs I’m not considering a bed load since the front of the truck would absorb some of that weight. I don’t think I could add up much more than that unless I was going for a bed full of gravel.
I can't imagine hauling 12,000 pounds in a Ranger. I assumed it was a typo when I looked at the website, but maybe its GVWR? I think it adds a couple thousand pounds to the payload of the current suspension? Maybe.
Sponsored