Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
The leaf springs do have their own part numbers. We'll have them listed here as quick as we can.
are there two different rates of leaf springs? the description is a bit confusing as it indicates that on the standard kit that it is designed to haul 6k-12k lbs, and the heavy duty kit it says over 12k lbs, yes indicates the same spring rate for both rear leaf packs?

then again, I just noticed it says the same rate for both front springs as well, just a different free height? hmm...
Sponsored

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
are there two different rates of leaf springs? the description is a bit confusing as it indicates that on the standard kit that it is designed to haul 6k-12k lbs, and the heavy duty kit it says over 12k lbs, yes indicates the same spring rate for both rear leaf packs?

then again, I just noticed it says the same rate for both front springs as well, just a different free height? hmm...
The rear leafs in the two packages that are currently released use the same rear leaf pack part number. The load ratings for the kits are based on the front of the truck, not the rear.

Again, these kits are designed for the Australian market, and our poor cousins down in Oz have to deal with really dumb lift height restrictions (I think its 40mm on the front and 60mm on the rear), so the "load" is less about changing the rate of the springs (on either the front or rear) to handle the weight, it's more about hitting the maximum legally allowed ride height with the front end loaded down with a bumper, winch, light bars, etc. Thus, the only difference between the two packages that OME released so far is the front coil springs, with the "Heavy" kit's spring being physically longer.

That being said, they do have different leaf packs available that increase height up to 79mm, as well as 56mm spring and the 45mm included in those packages. We're just trying to figure out the U-bolt/bushing/hardware situation before we list them so that we can get you guys everything you need when they actually land.

Guinness

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
The rear leafs in the two packages that are currently released use the same rear leaf pack part number. The load ratings for the kits are based on the front of the truck, not the rear.

Again, these kits are designed for the Australian market, and our poor cousins down in Oz have to deal with really dumb lift height restrictions (I think its 40mm on the front and 60mm on the rear), so the "load" is less about changing the rate of the springs (on either the front or rear) to handle the weight, it's more about hitting the maximum legally allowed ride height with the front end loaded down with a bumper, winch, light bars, etc. Thus, the only difference between the two packages that OME released so far is the front coil springs, with the "Heavy" kit's spring being physically longer.

That being said, they do have different leaf packs available that increase height up to 79mm, as well as 56mm spring and the 45mm included in those packages. We're just trying to figure out the U-bolt/bushing/hardware situation before we list them so that we can get you guys everything you need when they actually land.

Definitely interested in the bushings/hardware. One additional ask: I actually have my u-bolts flipped right now. It looks like the stock stack is ~1.25"and if this is ~1.8" I may not have enough extra bolt length. Can you add a product that has the right bolts for Rangers with the bolts flipped. I think ~7" u-bolts would be right for a ~1.8" stack.

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Definitely interested in the bushings/hardware. One additional ask: I actually have my u-bolts flipped right now. It looks like the stock stack is ~1.25"and if this is ~1.8" I may not have enough extra bolt length. Can you add a product that has the right bolts for Rangers with the bolts flipped. I think ~7" u-bolts would be right for a ~1.8" stack.
We may be able to do this in the future. Unfortunately, I don't have the specs of ARB's U-bolts for the various springs. The only thing I know right now is that X u-bolts go with Y leaf pack. ARB USA did not have full specs available when I called.

I'm going to try to get ARB Australia on the horn when they open up in a few hours, but you may be out of luck until we can get one of these kits in for our own misdeeds and measurements.

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I will wait to decide and will be expecting a @Stage3Motorsports comparison against the fox :). the thing I like the most is the spring rate being higher for the load. can the fox receive different springs to compensate for bumper and winch?

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
I will wait to decide and will be expecting a @Stage3Motorsports comparison against the fox :). the thing I like the most is the spring rate being higher for the load. can the fox receive different springs to compensate for bumper and winch?
There's no spring rate difference for the front springs. The rate is the same between both the "Heavy Load" and "Standard Load" front coil springs. The only difference is that the heavy springs are physically longer.

You could make the argument that this is a better approach than doing a preload adjustment with the Fox kit, since you'll keep more ride quality. However, if your front end is sagging that bad from your bumper/winch/lighting options of choice, then you may want some extra preload to avoid to getting jounce.

Fox does not currently offer different spring rates for their Fox 2.0s, though you can likely swap them out on your own with a spring of similar dimensions if you really wanted to.

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
All right, we have complete OME Spring packages up. They come with two leaf packs, four U-bolts with nuts and washers, and OME's requires greaseable shackle kit.

Again, ETA is up in the air, but we did get most of the deets nailed down (minus images. We're using generics right now).

2019-2020 Ford Ranger Old Man Emu 1.7" Lift Complete Rear Leaf Spring Kit S3M-OME45MMLEAFKIT

2019-2020 Ford Ranger Old Man Emu 2.2" Lift Complete Rear Leaf Spring Kit S3M-OME56MMLEAFKIT

2019-2020 Ford Ranger Old Man Emu 3.1" Lift Complete Rear Leaf Spring Kit S3M-OME79MMLEAFKIT

Chrisr24

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
All right, we have complete OME Spring packages up. They come with two leaf packs, four U-bolts with nuts and washers, and OME's requires greaseable shackle kit.

Again, ETA is up in the air, but we did get most of the deets nailed down (minus images. We're using generics right now).

2019-2020 Ford Ranger Old Man Emu 1.7" Lift Complete Rear Leaf Spring Kit S3M-OME45MMLEAFKIT

2019-2020 Ford Ranger Old Man Emu 2.2" Lift Complete Rear Leaf Spring Kit S3M-OME56MMLEAFKIT

2019-2020 Ford Ranger Old Man Emu 3.1" Lift Complete Rear Leaf Spring Kit S3M-OME79MMLEAFKIT
So they mount to the existing leaf packs?

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
So they mount to the existing leaf packs?
Negative. These are complete leaf packs and additional hardware. There was a typo in our listings, which is now corrected.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer

Awesome option to have! So Jason, just to confirm, you wouldn't want to get the leaf pack only if you don't plan to lift the front right? From the description, sounds like you would get more rake.

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Awesome option to have! So Jason, just to confirm, you wouldn't want to get the leaf pack only if you don't plan to lift the front right? From the description, sounds like you would get more rake.
I mean, there's no reason why you couldn't. You'd just have some pretty wild rake, even with the 1.7" rear lift spring kit.

In general, you should probably only do one of these kits if you already have some front leveling of some sort or you have a lot of constant weight in the bed that's making your rear suspension sag.

jhndeergrn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Will this improve the ride quality of the rear end? Looking for a plusher ride to match my King piggybacks, similar to what a Deaver spring pack provides. TIA

railroaddean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
I wonder if the OME leaf springs will get rid of the driver's side lean that plagues so many of the 2019s?