First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XL loaded
Occupation
stuff
so i did an oil change on my 2021 fx4 and noticed when putting on the new motorcraft filter fl910s, it went on with a slight wobble. never noticed this before. i snugged it up tight with hand. ran. no leaks and good level. my mechanic friend, ase cert, says no issue. just curious what you all have seen on this. or have you even noticed? i got filters off amazon. hopefully they aren't fakes or something. thoughts?
Sponsored

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
I have received some from Amazon as well, however no wobble, screwed on straight. Maybe a defect in manufacturing? If it was me, I would probably replace it, but that is up to you. Maybe for the peace of mind, it might be worth replacing it. Just time consuming and having to add maybe another 1/4 of a quart of oil. Again, it might be a-ok too. Your choice...

OP
OP

silverflash

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XL loaded
Occupation
stuff
i'm just going to watch for drips. none with the warm up in garage and letting it sit to check level.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
I was planning on getting my filters from the dealer to avoid this; but it seems they are using WIX right now.... o 0. Id say if it seals it is good, but I wouldn't get one from that seller again. If anything for peace of mind.

Last edited:
OP
OP

silverflash

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XL loaded
Occupation
stuff
just an update: went to local retailer and got another filter, same fl910s, took the amazon one off, put new one on, went on smooth as butter. now we know. i gave it a 1 star review. if it wobbles going on that means threads are cut crooked, who knows what other deficiencies it has....from now on, buy from local retailer and not online.
Sponsored