Oh yes...this question again - Which suspension lift?

ArizonaRangers

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x4 4D and 2023 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
I installed the Eibach PRO-TRUCK LIFT SYSTEM (Stage 1) and a 1" block in back, and am very pleased with it. I have 25k miles on it so far.
1688050933719.png

Off road it is phenomenal. Its not the plushest ride on-road. I also tow heavy (something I wasn't anticipating when I decided to lift and go bigger tires) and I've been happy with the performance there as well. It is way, way, way better than the stock suspension.
I also have 285/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers that are amazing in every way except, maybe wear. At 25k miles they are down to 5mm. This may be because of my towing and I bought the P tire instead of the LT tire to try and save weight before I knew I was going to tow so much. While the P tire and the LT load range C tire have the same load rating, perhaps the LT tire would have worn better from the towing I do. I'll be buying new tires before hunting season starts. I'll be getting LT tires this time. I really want to get Ridge Grapplers again, but their LT's are heavy. IDK.

I lost about 1.5 mpg on average from the lift and larger tires.
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I installed the Eibach PRO-TRUCK LIFT SYSTEM (Stage 1) and a 1" block in back, and am very pleased with it. I have 25k miles on it so far.
1688050933719.png

Off road it is phenomenal. Its not the plushest ride on-road. I also tow heavy (something I wasn't anticipating when I decided to lift and go bigger tires) and I've been happy with the performance there as well. It is way, way, way better than the stock suspension.
I also have 285/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers that are amazing in every way except, maybe wear. At 25k miles they are down to 5mm. This may be because of my towing and I bought the P tire instead of the LT tire to try and save weight before I knew I was going to tow so much. While the P tire and the LT load range C tire have the same load rating, perhaps the LT tire would have worn better from the towing I do. I'll be buying new tires before hunting season starts. I'll be getting LT tires this time. I really want to get Ridge Grapplers again, but their LT's are heavy. IDK.

Some tires also tend to wear a little faster than others usually due to a stickier compound.

Reactions: EJH

ArizonaRangers

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
1688050933719.png

I also installed in the extra clearance crash bars.

IMG_1567.JPG

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
1688050933719.png

I loved my Ridge Grapplers too. But they wore really fast and were junk at 26,000 miles and that's with zero towing.

ArizonaRangers

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I loved my Ridge Grapplers too. But they wore really fast and were junk at 26,000 miles and that's with zero towing.
Did you have the light truck (LT) tires?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Did you have the light truck (LT) tires?
No they were the P tires like yours. They were great right up to around 23,000 when I started to notice them wearing quickly and I rotate them ever 5,000 miles. I really loved my Toyo OC AT 3's for the short time I have them on MP1. These General Grabbers on my Tremor aren't to bad but man they pick up every rock in sight!

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
No they were the P tires like yours. They were great right up to around 23,000 when I started to notice them wearing quickly and I rotate them ever 5,000 miles. I really loved my Toyo OC AT 3's for the short time I have them on MP1. These General Grabbers on my Tremor aren't to bad but man they pick up every rock in sight!
the tread patter on the grabbers is very similar to the ko2 bfg tread pattern. i love my ko2s but will admit they find every lil loose bit of gravel or pebble. the stone ejectors normally kick them out once im back up to speed. i hear that familiar "ding" when they hit the fender wells. after a shallow river crossing where the bottom was small gravel and firm dirt my tires were loaded with stones. when i got up to 20 mph it sounded like i hit that jackpot on a slot machine. ding ding ding ping ding for about 50 feet.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
an option for lifting the rear, along with better than stock shocks is the auto spring corp leaf kit. I like mine. brought the back up just where i wanted and it totally solved the confused sea small boat feeling. they claim to add 750 pounds of weight handling. IDK about the weight handling claim but i keep a lot of stuff in my truck bed, two full spares, one spare under, extra fuel tank, shovels, tools, recovery stuff, cooler etc. and it does not squat at all now. they are also fairly easy to install and affordable with a good warranty. I think Jack runs them on his 5g too.

ArizonaRangers

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
how much of a pain in the aft end were the aftermarket crash bars to install??
Perhaps I was misleading with the wording of my post. "I" didn't do the actual install of the suspension or the crash bars. My participation was limited to sliding a piece of plastic into a black box and signing.

So to answer your question, it was pretty easy for me.

I did install the running boards in the pic though. That was pretty easy accept they sent the wrong instructions in the box, which, it turns out, you don't need anyway.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Perhaps I was misleading with the wording of my post. "I" didn't do the actual install of the suspension or the crash bars. My participation was limited to sliding a piece of plastic into a black box and signing.

I did install the running boards in the pic though. That was pretty easy accept they sent the wrong instructions in the box, which, it turns out, you don't need anyway.
thats the best way to go most times! sliding the card is much easier than crawling on the ground and getting bursitis lol.

seanellaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab Fx4
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Ok Ranger gurus,
I'll apologize off the bat for a question that has countless posts and discussions already throughout this forum.
I've read some, definitely not all. But am going to ask anyhow.

Preparing to upgrade suspension/wheels/tires on 2020 Ranger FX4 w 37k miles.
Use of truck - daily driver, mostly on road, some light off roading (forest service roads, etc.).
Minimal towing. We do a lot of camping and head out to woods frequently. Also head to areas with snow.

I really like the look of the rangers I've seen here w/ 2'-3.5" lifts, slightly offset wheels, and running 285s.

I am thinking:
Fuel Shok 17x9 +20offset
Nitto Exo Grappler 285/70-17

But suspension?
Got the following from my local shop (highlighted is what they are recommending - and I think a few folks on forum have the Eibach pro...):
1687959525801.png

Asked about Old Man Emu - was told they are "overpriced for what they are."
Yes, I want a suspension lift and not just leveling/block kits - hoping to get away from washy soft FX4 suspension...

Thoughts? Suggestions? Opinions?

Thanks in advance.
BCS Lift Shackles (SUPER SOLID) in rear w/ longer rear shocks. This raises the rear 1". Icon Extended Travel 2.5" C/O's up front. Will need new Upper Control Arms. BDS has those too (as does Icon) . BTW - tall blocks suck. You will die from Axle wrap / wheel hop. 3" Block lift in rear will make rake unless you lift the front end a TON.
PS you can cobble together a block lift MUCH Cheaper than the REadylift kit. Perch for springs is 5.75" x 2.5" . These (4 U-Bolts) $40 should fit 2" lift: https://www.roughcountry.com/u-bolt-kit-7602.html 9/16" X 2.5" W X 9.5" L Square, E-coated black, Corrosion resistant, Includes nuts and washers.
2" Billet Aluminum blocks $28/Pair(I think) WILL FIT RANGER. https://www.extremeterrain.com/tund...|Store Brand&T5_Var4=TU29358#customer_q_and_a

seanellaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab Fx4
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase

Installing the aftermarket crash bars is easy. Getting the stock ones out ? PITA!

Mr. Yuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT FX4
BCS Lift Shackles (SUPER SOLID) in rear w/ longer rear shocks. This raises the rear 1". Icon Extended Travel 2.5" C/O's up front. Will need new Upper Control Arms. BDS has those too (as does Icon) . BTW - tall blocks suck. You will die from Axle wrap / wheel hop. 3" Block lift in rear will make rake unless you lift the front end a TON.
PS you can cobble together a block lift MUCH Cheaper than the REadylift kit. Perch for springs is 5.75" x 2.5" . These (4 U-Bolts) $40 should fit 2" lift: https://www.roughcountry.com/u-bolt-kit-7602.html 9/16" X 2.5" W X 9.5" L Square, E-coated black, Corrosion resistant, Includes nuts and washers.
2" Billet Aluminum blocks $28/Pair(I think) WILL FIT RANGER. https://www.extremeterrain.com/tundra-lrt-2-inch-aluminum-rear-lift-blocks-lror-305583.html?utm_content=AT Lift Kits - Lift Kits|Store Brand&T5_Var4=TU29358#customer_q_and_a
Are the pin sizes the same? According to the ad below, the tacomas have the same fit as the tundra. I'm looking at getting a lift for the rear and it would be much easier to justify at this price point. Is this how you lifted your rear or have you compared the two. Not doubintg you but am just curious how you found this out. Seems like if i was manufacturing these blocks I would just have to change the ad at the top and I would have a whole new marketplace for the same part. But these manufacturers are kinda dumb !!!! Mahalo!

https://www.amazon.com/MZS-Leveling...&sprefix=tundra+1+block,automotive,247&sr=1-3

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I've had the Eibach Pro 2.0 kit. Its a fantastic kit, until you add a bunch of weight. They have a 550 lb spring and adding a bumper/winch causes it to be undersprung.

I swapped out to the OME kit. Anyone who says they are overpriced for what they are, hasn't used them. There are 2 OME kits: Nitrocharger and BP51. Neither is overpriced, but the Nitrocharger is really nicely priced. They have a 605 lb spring, which handles the bumper/winch much better. Reach out to Frank at @Stage3Motorsports for the best deal no matter which direction you go.
Sponsored