RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Cheap solution for those that have the 120 port. Wonder if it would work with the 12-volt port? Need to give that a try.
Not the ones in the cab. I have my wireless charger plugged into one of the 12v plugs and my auto stop/start still works.

Don't know if the bed ones are different.
Sponsored

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Or plug in a tester in your trailer connection, or put ac on high, or anything else to kill ASS? LOL

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
disable it with forscan and forget it? I wish we could figure out how to reverse the button, or make it a "latched" setting that was remembered across key cycles. Gotta be a way to do this.

JetEngr19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Jeep Wranger
disable it with forscan and forget it? I wish we could figure out how to reverse the button, or make it a "latched" setting that was remembered across key cycles. Gotta be a way to do this.
I’m using the AutoStop Eliminator. It will remember what you have it set to (on or off) after key cycles. I usually leave it off but sometimes I will turn it back on if I’m doing a lot of idling.

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/store/c9/2019_Ford_Ranger.html

Bampest

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 XLT Crewcab
Occupation
Owner,Operator BAM Pest Control Services Inc.
Vehicle Showcase
I accidentally killed my auto start stop. I use a laptop for work, and plugged in the charger to the 120v to charge it while I drive from job to job. Even with the laptop unplugged, the presence of the charger keeps it from kicking on. Who knew? Just plug something into the 120v plug and no more ASS.
I was testing or shall we say playing with mine pain in Florida goes off for 2 min with the a/c on ford service told me plug a trailer hitch stop light in the bumper plug and it tricks the truck into thinking it's pulling a trailer and won't shut off also found the 120v plug trick by accident too when I plugged my Ryobi battery charger in to charge a battery

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, Lightning Blue, 302a, Technology Package, Sport Appearance Package, Bed liner, Tow package
Occupation
Control Systems Engineer
Do not all models come with the button that disables it in cab for you? Mine has a big button next to the 4wd selector that disables auto start stop.

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
I was testing or shall we say playing with mine pain in Florida goes off for 2 min with the a/c on ford service told me plug a trailer hitch stop light in the bumper plug and it tricks the truck into thinking it's pulling a trailer and won't shut off also found the 120v plug trick by accident too when I plugged my Ryobi battery charger in to charge a battery
that's a lot cheaper than $129!!

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Do not all models come with the button that disables it in cab for you? Mine has a big button next to the 4wd selector that disables auto start stop.
Some people don't like to push the button each key cycle, and prefer something that can keep it off permanently.

The trailer plug trick also disables the cross traffic alert, so while it works, it's not "perfect" by any means. Forscan can permanent disable it for about 20$ (the cost of the OBDII adapter)

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It seems Forscan can do a lot of positive things.
Where can I get these Forscan procedures done?

RangerCat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I’m using the AutoStop Eliminator. It will remember what you have it set to (on or off) after key cycles. I usually leave it off but sometimes I will turn it back on if I’m doing a lot of idling.

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/store/c9/2019_Ford_Ranger.html
I have the the Auto Start/Stop Eliminator and I love it. It was super easy to install and allows me to turn it back with the switch on if I wish. When I bought mine they have a couple code that allowed me to get it for $69. Money well spent!

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Just a little story on how you can change your mind;)

When I got my truck in Jan. I thought "whats the big deal, why does everyone hate this auto stop, it hardly ever comes on" I continued on obliviously through the cold months thinking it was just fine. Eventually(slowly) it started to warm up and the auto stop got a bit more regular and then it got annoying!

See, I live and commute in a fairly rural area and once the temps got up, every time i got to a stop sign it would instantly shut off ,unless I didnt fully stop, only to start right back up again. The worst was pulling in the laneway and if you hesitated a millisecond putting it into park off she went only to start back up when you put it in park:explode:

I now have the Auto stop eliminator:thumbsup: As others have mentioned if it had a bit of a delay instead of instantly kicking in, I may have been alright with it, but as is, I was fooled by the fact is dosent come on much in cold weather but soon changed my mind.

Cheers, Todd

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

When I got my truck in Jan. I thought "whats the big deal, why does everyone hate this auto stop, it hardly ever comes on" I continued on obliviously through the cold months thinking it was just fine. Eventually(slowly) it started to warm up and the auto stop got a bit more regular and then it got annoying!

See, I live and commute in a fairly rural area and once the temps got up, every time i got to a stop sign it would instantly shut off ,unless I didnt fully stop, only to start right back up again. The worst was pulling in the laneway and if you hesitated a millisecond putting it into park off she went only to start back up when you put it in park:explode:

I now have the Auto stop eliminator:thumbsup: As others have mentioned if it had a bit of a delay instead of instantly kicking in, I may have been alright with it, but as is, I was fooled by the fact is dosent come on much in cold weather but soon changed my mind.

Cheers, Todd
Totally with you, although it is OK, it would be WAY better if it wasn't quite so quick to stop. I usually turn it off when I'm in stop and go traffic because it usually stops only to have to immediately restart. If it had a second or two delay before stopping I think it would much more reasonable. I've also gotten better at not pushing the brake down far enough to get it to engage so it won't stop. I just wish I didn't have to do it. It is one of those small annoyances on an otherwise excellent truck.

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired

Cheers, Todd
Here in Texas it is just the opposite. Warmer weather the AC compressor wants to run so the engine does not turn OFF (at least not as frequently) Above 85 Fahrenheit is seems to not turn OFF.

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
I remember reading in the VeeDub forums long ago that some who hated having the traction control kick on every time the car was started would install a capacitor wired up to that push button switch. Each time you started the vehicle the capacitor would do what they do and discharge / charge and disable the traction control function just as if someone had actually pushed the button.

If you wanted it to function as normal all you had to do was hold the button down for a few seconds. That would have the capacitor reverse it's process and traction control would be on when you started the car. Hold and push again and then the capacitor would shut off the traction control when you started the vehicle. Pretty damn clever idea. I even actually did the install as well.

Don't remember what type or rating of capacitor was recommended or the polarity in which it was wired. The part was only a few dollars if that. Some of the more electronically smarter people around here should be able to figure it out. If the Ranger Auto Stop Start uses a similar push button style switch this should work as well. Basically it sends the same electrical signal as if the switch was actually pressed after starting the vehicle.

Edit - Addendum

I did a quick search on "VW capacitor ASR switch". ASR = Anti Slip Regulation. Came up with several threads. The capacitor is a 33 micro farad. Here are some excerpts. All credit to original poster.

How to make ASR be OFF when start car (from PoleZero)

Go to your local Rat Shack and pick up a 33uF electrolytic capacitor, or something close to it. This will give you a ~5 sec delay, bigger values give bigger delay. I will explain this more later. Bring an extension cord out to your car and plug your soldering iron in. While the iron is warming up, pull out the ASR switch as follows: Hold in the ASR button, and pull out the seat warmer switch (If you have one). Then pull out the ASR switch. Basically just get that switch out of the dash, leave it plugged in though. Take your pocket knife and cut a bit of insulation away from the black, and the gray/black wire. Don't cut the wires! Just skin some insulation off, so you have some wire to solder to. Wrap the negative lead of the capacitor around the gray/black wire, where you stripped it. Wrap the positive lead of the capacitor around the black wire. Solder the leads to the wire. Wrap tape around each lead so they don't short out. Put your car back together. Now, when you start your car, the ASR will be disabled, the light on the dash will be on, and you can peel out of your driveway. If you put your key in the ignition, turn the car on (not started), and wait longer then the delay time (5 sec) before actually starting, then the ASR will be turned on, the light will be off, and you won't peel out of your driveway. When the ASR is off, pushing the ASR button immediately turns it back on. When the ASR is on, pushing the ASR button turns it off, after the delay time (5 sec).
Sponsored

Last edited: