ODBII Auto Start/Stop Eliminator - $129

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
The worst was pulling in the laneway and if you hesitated a millisecond putting it into park off she went only to start back up when you put it in park:explode:

THIS! is very annoying. I do get into stop and go traffic, but it seems erratic with how it decides to shut off but it is very consistent in shutting off when I don't want it to when I'm pulling in to my tight garage. With an open-mind, I've never felt that the extra hardware/technology has been anywhere close to worth it.

I'm hard-headed sometimes and feel like I can just train myself to push the button every time but that auto-stop eliminator may be in my future.
Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
THIS! is very annoying. I do get into stop and go traffic, but it seems erratic with how it decides to shut off but it is very consistent in shutting off when I don't want it to when I'm pulling in to my tight garage. With an open-mind, I've never felt that the extra hardware/technology has been anywhere close to worth it.

I'm hard-headed sometimes and feel like I can just train myself to push the button every time but that auto-stop eliminator may be in my future.
I just turn the truck off and then put it into park. :)

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
I just turn the truck off and then put it into park. :)
My issue is I pull into a very tight garage. Actually, it's open underneath but there are support poles on the right that are not straight in line. I use that angle to create some door opening space with the other car. And it's also not super deep so I try and pull in as much as possible. Being careful and precise is difficult with the imprecise brakes :) So if the brakes decide that I need to push a lot further down the engine will shut off then start back up as I quickly let up off the brake. Anyway, problem is solved now. I don't need a fancy electronic gadget and just use the first time the engine shuts off as my reminder to shut it off.

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
On the lariat under setting you can disable the auto shut off. I noticed it this weekend.. it does not bother me so I leave my on

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
My LMS Tune disabled the annoying Auto Stop… :)

Truck2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
On the lariat under setting you can disable the auto shut off. I noticed it this weekend.. it does not bother me so I leave my on
How does one do this? I have the Lariat as well. Does disabling it affect anything else? Thanks!

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
How does one do this? I have the Lariat as well. Does disabling it affect anything else? Thanks!
I'm guessing it comes back on after a key cycle, or else it wouldn't qualify for CAFE points which is the whole point of having the feature.

Truck2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Yep, tried it over lunch. You can turn it off in the menu, but it's the same as pushing the button. Once you turn the truck off and then back on it default's back to start stop being enabled. Frustrating that a feature than many don't like is being forced on the consumer and probably saves little in gas for normal driving that consists of a few stops on the way to and from work.

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, tried it over lunch. You can turn it off in the menu, but it's the same as pushing the button. Once you turn the truck off and then back on it default's back to start stop being enabled. Frustrating that a feature than many don't like is being forced on the consumer and probably saves little in gas for normal driving that consists of a few stops on the way to and from work.
I will take you at your word I never have tried to turn it off. I only have 1 stop light and 3 stop sign and on drive to work . .. . so it really does not effect me :)

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
My husband doesn’t like it so I turn it off when he is riding with me. It doesn’t bother me at all and I have noticed a small increase in gas mileage with it on. I leave it on when it’s just me.;)

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Yup. It's isn't a big deal, and improves fuel economy.
The main reason I don't like it is that my Ham radio reboots every time the truck restarts. I'm planning to add a small battery with a large diode inline behind the back seat where the radio is mounted. Should help me to use the Auto start stop feature as intended.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
The main reason I don't like it is that my Ham radio reboots every time the truck restarts. I'm planning to add a small battery with a large diode inline behind the back seat where the radio is mounted. Should help me to use the Auto start stop feature as intended.
That would certainly be annoying :D
Sponsored