Not another frigin' leveling kit thread!

theclaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FX Off Road
Ok....bear with me. I've searched the forum and the interwebs over and over. I'm more confused than when I started.

I'd like to LEVEL the truck, a 2021 crew cab with off road package. Looks like the consensus is a 2.5 inch will back it squat just a tad. That gets me to a 1.5 or 2.0

Where is everyone's head at? Not sure why Tuxxx skips the 2.0 and just has a 1.5 and 2.5. For a 2.0 what are the recommendations for the most reliable?
Sponsored

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
If you are just doing leveling blocks, they are all pretty much the same design, go with whatever is cheapest. Almost everyone goes for a 2 inch.

If you are looking to do a suspension level, phew that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Ok....bear with me. I've searched the forum and the interwebs over and over. I'm more confused than when I started.

I'd like to LEVEL the truck, a 2021 crew cab with off road package. Looks like the consensus is a 2.5 inch will back it squat just a tad. That gets me to a 1.5 or 2.0

Where is everyone's head at? Not sure why Tuxxx skips the 2.0 and just has a 1.5 and 2.5. For a 2.0 what are the recommendations for the most reliable?
A 2 inch lift in the front will leave you with a little rake. 3 inches will make it squat - this is why eibach sells their 1" leaf block. Dead level lives somewhere in between. A 2.5" leveling kit will likely get the job done for you.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Lets face it people there is no way for a truck to be level all the time if you use it like a truck. You set it level with no load and put a load in it it squats. If it is level with a load. Empty it will have a rake. You can’t have it both ways.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Wait, leveling is not level?
No it's not level. I had the dealer install a 'leveling kit', which raised the front 2" and the back is about an inch higher than the front. Not level, but I like it that way.

When it comes to leveling, it's like discussing that flammable and inflammable mean the same thing.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wait, leveling is not level?
When I had my RC 2.5" level in there was roughly 3/8" of rake still. You want some rake in case you load up the bed (even if it's only once in a while) so you're not looking like this.

Squat.jpeg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
You can go with a straight level kit or replace your coil overs with levelling coil over shocks. Some are adjustable, some are fixed. Some come with springs, others use your OEM springs, but they all set the truck close enough to level that it looks just fine.

The amount of work is similar and the suspension upgrade is well worth it.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Lets face it people there is no way for a truck to be level all the time if you use it like a truck. You set it level with no load and put a load in it it squats. If it is level with a load. Empty it will have a rake. You can’t have it both ways.
Not everyone drives around with a load.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

2.5"...leaves a slight rake to allow cargo or towing...

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
I mounted Eibach’s adjustable coil overs and actually adjusted them down so the front fender lip is a 1/4 lower than the rear.
Not a good side pic but I’m happy with the stance. I’m thinking of getting a topper so we’ll see how it sits after that.

IMG_1046.jpeg