puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Hi everyone,

I just picked up a black 2020 Ranger Lariat on Friday, after working at, and driving, GM for 35 years. (Note the Chevy emblem on my jacket during the delivery?) So far I'm noticing a couple little differences but overall I'm impressed with the feel, fit and finish. Looking forward to figuring out what mods I may need, including a custom PCM tune. I don't see too many Rangers around here in Oshawa Ontario yet, I don't mind having someone a little less common in my driveway.

20210115_171517.jpg
Sponsored

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
Welcome. One of the first things I learned here is the ranger is stealthy fast. And I learned you can find yourself going considerably faster than the posted speed limit without realizing it. Took me a couple weeks to adjust. I still have to watch it merging onto the freeway. Enjoy Your truck.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Hi everyone,

I just picked up a black 2020 Ranger Lariat on Friday, after working at, and driving, GM for 35 years. (Note the Chevy emblem on my jacket during the delivery?) So far I'm noticing a couple little differences but overall I'm impressed with the feel, fit and finish. Looking forward to figuring out what mods I may need, including a custom PCM tune. I don't see too many Rangers around here in Oshawa Ontario yet, I don't mind having someone a little less common in my driveway.
Welcome. There are a few of us here that came over from other brands.

Here's your new Ranger5G owner checklist:

Here's a question so we can know more about you:

Last edited:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hi everyone,

20210115_171517.jpg
Welcome and congratulations on your beautiful Ranger!

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
Congrats and welcome to the light side lol

Just curious what made you choose the Ranger over a Colorado?
I test drove a couple used Colorado's and I didn't like the infotainment system and interior materials as much. The Colorado also felt sluggish around town but I was used to the 2l Ecoboost with that low down torque.

Reactions: Doc

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
A bow tie at a blue oval place. Interesting. Nah not really. Over half of us here were non Ford owners before.
Heck, I could've got a smokin deal on a Tacoma where I used to work. There must've been 50-60 of them on the lot when my decision was made to buy my Ranger. Manager's were like you bought a what? You did your research I see, congratulations on your new Ford.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the dark side Jim,

It’s a big deal to see a GM guy from Oshawa with a Ford in the driveway! This is a great truck - I’m sure you’re going to love it.

For my American friends in the forum: Oshawa has been the home of the GM Assembly Plant since 1953. Many families in the community would boast of having two or three generations of GM auto workers. It closed “for good” a short time ago and was reduced to limited parts manufacturing. No one, and I mean no one in Oshawa was happy, especially the auto workers. That might be why Jim’s now driving a Ford Ranger. Like I said...it’s a big deal.

The plant will reopen in 2022 and, ironically, it will produce pickups.

OP
OP
puckdodger

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome. There are a few of us here that came over from other brands.

Here's your new Ranger5G owner checklist:

Here's a question so we can know more about you:
Well, it's got four tie downs, the seams are unsealed in the corners, and I'm going to keep my opinions to myself about tailgate dampers, until I get a little more familiar with the truck, and everyone in the forum lol

OP
OP
puckdodger

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats and welcome to the light side lol

Just curious what made you choose the Ranger over a Colorado?
I test drove a couple used Colorado's and I didn't like the infotainment system and interior materials as much. The Colorado also felt sluggish around town but I was used to the 2l Ecoboost with that low down torque.
The lack of tech features, price of the Ford was way more reasonable and a strong desire to show my back to my former overlords at GM. I did slightly prefer the looks of a Colorado, and it has some things I wish the Ford had though.
Sponsored