New route for dash cam cables

RangerVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
Yeah I was just repeating what the manual said about them, since they're not being used those would be the perfect ones to use and also looks like you've tested the constant/acc of them.

I'm still not sure what cam I'm going to get. Honestly after watching quite a few comparison videos. There's not much difference in video quality IMO.

I just saw the new VIOFO A139 Pro and it's supposed to have updated camera sensors.
I may get that.

Figure I'd get the 2CH one. It doesn't have a screen but honestly not sure how much I'd use the screen anyway other than initial setup but using my phones bigger screen to make changes would be a lot better.
Just wonder would those LEDs bother me driving since it would be mounted on the driver side, maybe I can mount it even with the rear view that would help block it but still accessible to press buttons if need be

https://viofo.com/content/72-A139-PRO-First-4K-HDR-with-Sony-Starvis-2-IMX678-Sensor-Dash-Cam/
Sponsored

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I am installing my Rove R3 today. I was having trouble with Remington the A pillar moulding so I discovered an easier route. I pulled up the left defroster vend and found I can drop the power and rear camera cables straight down thru the dash without a hiccup. Still pushing wires out of the way but thought I would post this .
P.S. can anyone tell me which fusesto use for ignition and accessory? I am getting too tired to figure this out.
20221128_170235.jpg
Does that cable run from your cam down the windshield and in the new place?

OP
OP
billwinkle

billwinkle

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 super cab
Occupation
Retired
Does that cable run from your cam down the windshield and in the new place?
It actually drips down under the dash and makes it faster and easier to connect to the fuse box. It also makes it one less trim panel to remove in order to run the rear camera cable. And since I have a cap installed I also found and easy way to exit the cab and run the cable along the frame and then into the side of the bed without having to drill any holes by using the existing ones. I found a floor plug in the jack storage bin. I have a super cab so I do not know if the super crew has the same set up for jack storage.
Sponsored