New Ranger on the ground in Colo

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Welcome to the Co Ranger squad! There's quite a few of us on here. @Colo_Ranger can add ya to the chat if you have Instagram
[/QUOTE]

yeah he'd probably appreciate vids like this entertaining scene happened in of all places aurora , co. When I sold my house in Westminster a year back the buyer plunked down $65k over the asking price - I got to ask him why and his response " have to get out of Aurora" . But now I know why Hummers were so popular.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Philvarah

Philvarah

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Splash
Occupation
Sales
Welcome to the Co Ranger squad! There's quite a few of us on here. @Colo_Ranger can add ya to the chat if you have Instagram
I am getting f'd trying to buy a vehicle here in Colo... They are marking up $3-4k over MSRP for a new Ranger !!!

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
I am getting f'd trying to buy a vehicle here in Colo... They are marking up $3-4k over MSRP for a new Ranger !!!
It is everywhere. Colorado is part of everywhere.

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
That's everywhere, I looked all over for mine, from Utah to Montana, everywhere was so high, paid about 3k over for mine.

OP
OP
Philvarah

Philvarah

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
That's everywhere, I looked all over for mine, from Utah to Montana, everywhere was so high, paid about 3k over for mine.
Yes... What the f happened? All since Covid... No discounts... Just add $3K over MSRP and screw the consumer!!!
It's B S.

OP
OP
Philvarah

Philvarah

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Yes... What the f happened? All since Covid... No discounts... Just add $3K over MSRP and screw the consumer!!!
It's B S.
We'll... After extensive negotiation and research... The only XLT on the ground in Colo is $1500 over MSRP... Down from asking $4k... It sucks now to buy a vehicle now since Covid... I researched used any truck and they are all priced as close to new it's rediculous... I have seen so many price increases in material goods this year ...up 25-30% this year...as I sell construction and remodeling related supplies and services.... Terrible for all.. How is anyone ever gonna get ahead?
I feel so sorry for the generation behind me... How are they ever to own a house... a Ranger... I usually pass out $5 bills every day to the homeless... What are you to do... Hopefully they can get a McDonalds meal as they are everywhere and own Denver metro...
This is now... The future is what???!!!
I can be the eternal optimist... however...

I know I'm bitching... We all do... And I know it's worse for others like the innocent in Ukraine... Pray for the world..

Into the unknown like a Starship...only with my new Ranger XLT Desert Sand Splash.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know I'm bitching... We all do... And I know it's worse for others like the innocent in Ukraine... Pray for the world..

Into the unknown like a Starship...only with my new Ranger XLT Desert Sand Splash.
Don't you read the posts here - people in Cali are suffering immensely with $5+ gas prices.

As to the homeless in CO - a significant number of those folks were forced from their residences owing to gentrification - and our elected leaders aren't at all shy about how their policies have grown the economy ( hundreds of millions in tax incentives to lure companies to CO whose employees commonly earn $100k ~ $200k ) . Occasionally enough funds are leftover to erect a handful of tent shelters or micro homes and provide a great photo op for our elected leaders.

Personally I make annual contributions to the Denver Rescue Mission and the Salvation Army - both I believe are very legit charities, god bless you helping the homeless.

OP
OP
Philvarah

Philvarah

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Don't you read the posts here - people in Cali are suffering immensely with $5+ gas prices.

As to the homeless in CO - a significant number of those folks were forced from their residences owing to gentrification - and our elected leaders aren't at all shy about how their policies have grown the economy ( hundreds of millions in tax incentives to lure companies to CO whose employees commonly earn $100k ~ $200k ) . Occasionally enough funds are leftover to erect a handful of tent shelters or micro homes and provide a great photo op for our elected leaders.

Personally I make annual contributions to the Denver Rescue Mission and the Salvation Army - both I believe are very legit charities, god bless you helping the homeless.
Our family has supported the Denver Rescue Mission as well ..

shellb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL
I was able to buy my XL at Brighton Ford for sticker...of course it is the most bare bones truck you could imagine (super cab, 4x4 w/ locker), so clearly not for everyone!

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was able to buy my XL at Brighton Ford for sticker...of course it is the most bare bones truck you could imagine (super cab, 4x4 w/ locker), so clearly not for everyone!
That's where I bought my Ranger - I think the sales guy was Maynard , transaction was super easy as done during the height of pandemic, I know some won't like to hear this but bought a demo with 700 odo miles, lariat super crew FX4 with 501a package, running boards, etc, using Ford's financing and other incentives my purchase price (not out the door) was $34.2 k , was just plain lucky with respect to the timing.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
That's where I bought my Ranger - I think the sales guy was Maynard , transaction was super easy as done during the height of pandemic, I know some won't like to hear this but bought a demo with 700 odo miles, lariat super crew FX4 with 501a package, running boards, etc, using Ford's financing and other incentives my purchase price (not out the door) was $34.2 k , was just plain lucky with respect to the timing.
Brighton Ford is my local dealership. I've tried buying a new Ford from them 3 times. They've never wanted to sell me a vehicle.

I'll keep trying them, as I like to shop local. But damn it's frustrating.

shellb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL
Brighton Ford is my local dealership. I've tried buying a new Ford from them 3 times. They've never wanted to sell me a vehicle.

I'll keep trying them, as I like to shop local. But damn it's frustrating.
Oh gosh, that wasn’t my experience at all.

I did everything electronically and mostly via text.

I just went in and picked it once they had everything ready to go.

Nathan was my sales guy for what it’s worth.

Brett

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Oh gosh, that wasn’t my experience at all.

I did everything electronically and mostly via text.

I just went in and picked it once they had everything ready to go.

Nathan was my sales guy for what it’s worth.

Brett
Next time I'll try their internet team.

As close as they are I think the mistake I've made is just walking in and getting a random salesman.

Last edited:

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Deposit down! Picking up new 2022 Ford Ranger Splash Sand Edition soon. Bought it sight unseen at dealer 129 miles away. Just got unloaded off carrier. First to find dealer post and place deposit. Only new 2022 Ranger crew for sale in Colo... called all dealers.
Hope the Sand color is a metallic looker... Not to fond of beige.... But the newer colors and lower sheen paints on vehicles are starting to grow on me.
I got totaled in accident in my F150 by young idiots.. I was
rear ended at approx 35+ mph...
the truck bed saved me.... If I'd been in a coupe or little SUV... I wouldn't have been able to find a Ranger and join our forum.
This was the third accident in a year and a half getting rear ended by young drivers here in the Denver metro area...wife's Jeep hit twice...new war was coming and gas going to $4 gallon so bought her a Hybrid Toyota Venza...getting 45mpg. Mom said I should get a Hummer to protect myself...but Ford Ranger it is ... especially since I didn't want to put down $60K on a new F150...$40k for a Ranger is enough...Will keep everyone up to date with pics, adds, and avoiding young inexperienced drivers!
After four F150's and a F250...
I bleed Ford... Red White and Blue !!!
congrats on the new truck! i think you will really enjoy it.

OP
OP
Philvarah

Philvarah

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
congrats on the new truck! i think you will really enjoy it.
Thank you all for the insight.... Look forward to more info from everyone....My dealer Alpine Ford in Pueblo, CO was fine... Had to beat them down of course. Great sales rep and excellent finance officer.... I'm an official Ranger member...

IMG_20221010_183746.jpg
Sponsored