First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Splash
Occupation
Sales
Deposit down! Picking up new 2022 Ford Ranger Splash Sand Edition soon. Bought it sight unseen at dealer 129 miles away. Just got unloaded off carrier. First to find dealer post and place deposit. Only new 2022 Ranger crew for sale in Colo... called all dealers.
Hope the Sand color is a metallic looker... Not to fond of beige.... But the newer colors and lower sheen paints on vehicles are starting to grow on me.
I got totaled in accident in my F150 by young idiots.. I was
rear ended at approx 35+ mph...
the truck bed saved me.... If I'd been in a coupe or little SUV... I wouldn't have been able to find a Ranger and join our forum.
This was the third accident in a year and a half getting rear ended by young drivers here in the Denver metro area...wife's Jeep hit twice...new war was coming and gas going to $4 gallon so bought her a Hybrid Toyota Venza...getting 45mpg. Mom said I should get a Hummer to protect myself...but Ford Ranger it is ... especially since I didn't want to put down $60K on a new F150...$40k for a Ranger is enough...Will keep everyone up to date with pics, adds, and avoiding young inexperienced drivers!
After four F150's and a F250...
I bleed Ford... Red White and Blue !!!
Sponsored

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Deposit down! Picking up new 2022 Ford Ranger Splash Sand Edition soon. Bought it sight unseen at dealer 129 miles away. Just got unloaded off carrier. First to find dealer post and place deposit. Only new 2022 Ranger crew for sale in Colo... called all dealers.
Hope the Sand color is a metallic looker... Not to fond of beige.... But the newer colors and lower sheen paints on vehicles are starting to grow on me.
the truck bed saved me.... If I'd been in a coupe or little SUV... I wouldn't have been able to find a Ranger and join our forum.
This was the third accident in a year and a half getting rear ended by young drivers here in the Denver metro area...wife's Jeep hit twice...new war was coming and gas going to $4 gallon so bought her a Hybrid Toyota Venza...getting 45mpg. Mom said I should get a Hummer to protect myself...but Ford Ranger it is ... especially since I didn't want to put down $60K on a new F150...$40k for a Ranger is enough...Will keep everyone up to date with pics, adds, and avoiding young inexperienced drivers!
Welcome, looking forward to seeing the pics. Glad you survived the accident.

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Congrats on finding a new Ranger. Also, glad you are okay after the accident. My 2017 Mustang was totaled by a similar rear end collision. I walked away with no issues. I was hit hard enough that even though I had my foot on the brake pedal, I was pushed into the truck in front on me and the driver side lower airbag popped. I was very impressed with the way the Mustang handled that accident. Just a thought, but I think some of the coupes and car based SUV's handle crashes better than you are giving them credit for. A lot of people think that just because the truck is bigger, it does better in a crash. That is not always the case. BTW, the guy who hit me was driving a BMW 3 Series sedan. His car was also totaled, but he walked away too.

OP
OP
Philvarah

Philvarah

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Congrats on finding a new Ranger. Also, glad you are okay after the accident. My 2017 Mustang was totaled by a similar rear end collision. I walked away with no issues. I was hit hard enough that even though I had my foot on the brake pedal, I was pushed into the truck in front on me and the driver side lower airbag popped. I was very impressed with the way the Mustang handled that accident. Just a thought, but I think some of the coupes and car based SUV's handle crashes better than you are giving them credit for. A lot of people think that just because the truck is bigger, it does better in a crash. That is not always the case. BTW, the guy who hit me was driving a BMW 3 Series sedan. His car was also totaled, but he walked away too.
Your right .. the Ranger only has a 4 Star rating vs other cars... SUVs at 5 star

Reactions: Doc

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I can't tell from pictures, but I kinda doubt the sand color is metallic or pearl.

Do you think the 3 accidents in 18 months has something to do with legal weed?

OP
OP
Philvarah

Philvarah

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
I can't tell from pictures, but I kinda doubt the sand color is metallic or pearl.

Man... It could be... Denver metro has grown by 120k each year for 15 years alone .. Same roads as 40 years ago... Just 3M more people... We have worst traffic... worst Road Rage in the country... Everyone is from everywhere else...

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Man... It could be... Denver metro has grown by 120k each year for 15 years alone .. Same roads as 40 years ago... Just 3M more people... We have worst traffic... worst Road Rage in the country... Everyone is from everywhere else...
yep and the air quality isn't anything to sneeze at, might add $.30/gal to gas cost and as you may know tax increases for the roads (and edu funding) placed on the ballot are routinely rejected, (but gray wolf measure is passed ) traffic enforcement is close to non existent, police are too busy responding to the accidents.

Lived there for over 40 yrs, Denver has changed greatly since then, when wife retired we moved to SW CO. Yet the elected officials still give millions in tax breaks for companies to move there , contributing to the spiraling cost of living.

And to top it all off the Broncos really suck again this year:)

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

By most reports weed is not a significant cause of accidents in CO , rather as the op mentions younger drivers who are too often distracted - common is using cell phones, talking or texting, then you see makeup being applied, people driving while chowing down burgers, burritos, pizza, chicken wings. And people wonder why they pay more in insurance each year. But texting although illegal is a common practice and difficult to police.

Then this event may have made national news, police park on RR tracks with woman in custody in car - gotta wonder what they were smokin :

https://www.9news.com/article/news/...train/73-78727d98-573f-4aa9-84ed-fdd05e55cd4a

Last edited:
OP
OP
Philvarah

Philvarah

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
And so expensive to live here .. That was bad. in Greeley CO...poor innocent girl... Maybe police mgmt should do a better job about training their recruits... IQ test... More than 3 months class training... More than few outings at the range... And you too can wear a badge and f'up people's lives... Don't get me wrong... I believe in supporting 'Blue'... but man... They need better training and people... Maybe a year of training before you can wield a badge and a gun...

OP
OP
Philvarah

Philvarah

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
By most reports weed is not a significant cause of accidents in CO , rather as the op mentions younger drivers who are too often distracted - common is using cell phones, talking or texting, then you see makeup being applied, people driving while chowing down burgers, burritos, pizza, chicken wings. And people wonder why they pay more in insurance each year. But texting although illegal is a common practice and difficult to police.

Then this event may have made national news, police park on RR tracks with woman in custody in car - gotta wonder what they were smokin :

https://www.9news.com/article/news/...train/73-78727d98-573f-4aa9-84ed-fdd05e55cd4a
Responding to your tag line...
"Who knows what evil ...."

"Don't believe in forced entry.... Don't believe in rape.
But every time she passes by.... wild thoughts escape"
Lyrics by Bono... U2...
Song - Oh God Part 2

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Should just defund the police! That is working so well in the cities that have done that.
All the money diverted to social programs and treatment has made life so much better....for the criminals.

OP
OP
Philvarah

Philvarah

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
I agree ..

Reactions: Doc

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
some obvious (author chooses legitimate) observations about life nowadays in CO, but I found the last sentence " And don't forget – never assume traffic will stop immediately on red." to be the most telling, probably the same in other fast growing areas. And I sure would not want to be a police officer these days, lots of unfilled positions but perhaps better to have vacancies than hiring people that are lacking in the requisite skills. Parking on RR tracks is just stupidity in the 1st place, but putting someone in the car and forgetting is just unforgiveable, only question remaining is how much $$$ the victim stands to collect.
I lost 3 good friends in a car/train confrontation many yrs back, sad day for sure.

https://local.newsbreak.com/colorad...orado?s=dmg_local_email_bucket_7.web2_fromweb

OP
OP
Philvarah

Philvarah

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
some obvious (author chooses legitimate) observations about life nowadays in CO, but I found the last sentence " And don't forget – never assume traffic will stop immediately on red." to be the most telling, probably the same in other fast growing areas. And I sure would not want to be a police officer these days, lots of unfilled positions but perhaps better to have vacancies than hiring people that are lacking in the requisite skills. Parking on RR tracks is just stupidity in the 1st place, but putting someone in the car and forgetting is just unforgiveable, only question remaining is how much $$$ the victim stands to collect.
I lost 3 good friends in a car/train confrontation many yrs back, sad day for sure.

https://local.newsbreak.com/colorad...orado?s=dmg_local_email_bucket_7.web2_fromweb
Sorry to hear of your friends ... And life lost... Not enough police... To much blatant crime anarchy in Denver metro... Drive by shootings... Run over left for dead... DUIs crashes....Every week here... Not to mention.... Everyone runs red lights... I was originally against Red Light cameras...but now for them... I've almost been T-boned twice by the fourth and fifth vehicle running a red light .....
Perhaps a different thread now...
I will feel safer driving in Denver front range with 5M people on the same roads as 1968 when Denver was 900,000... Driving an F150 or my 'new' Ranger.

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
Welcome to the Co Ranger squad! There's quite a few of us on here. @Colo_Ranger can add ya to the chat if you have Instagram
Sponsored