New Colors for the 2020 Model Year Ranger

Which of the new 2020 Model Year colors do you like?

• Total voters

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
My first job (1967 or so) was at Earl's. We also painted refrigerators and appliances. Social Security shows an income of about $200 for that year. Those were the good old days.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I thought my hot chili pepper was red. Am I missing something?
It's an orange-red rather than a fire engine red. I like it, but if someone wants red-red they might not be happy.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I thought my hot chili pepper was red. Am I missing something?
Must be 'cause it sure ain't....
Sometimes with the right exposure it almost photographs as red.
Beautiful color, but in the right light it is more like burnt orange, like those burnt peanuts you get at the show.
"Hot Chilli Pepper" is actually a great name for your color, and it has great depth and complexity.
Race Red is unmistakably RED.

I have "Saber" and in bright light it is Metallic Gold,... under street lights its more like Butterscotch.
The name "Saber" must derived from the Tiger and not the sword.
They didn't even assign a primary color name to it.

Both your color and mine are complex enough to defy primary color names.

Like Wimbleton White is only white until it is parked next to White, then you realized that it is much richer!

Last edited:

CMJT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2017 Subaru Outback
Saw Race Red today at my local Ford dealer in Maine. didn't like it at all. The Chile Pepper is soooooo much nicer. just my opinion but didn't care for it at all. Too bad because I wanted to like it.

Last edited:

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saw Race Red today at my local Ford dealer in Maine. didn't like it sat all. The Chile Pepper is soooooo much nicer. just my opinion but didn't care for it at all. Too bad because I wanted to like it.
Red has always been a deal breaker, Historically about 17% of buyers would buy nothing else.
While some won't buy it new or used, it usually draws a strong premium on resale.
I have bought 6 new bright red vehicles and painted several more.
I bought a new Strawbery Red Aerostar and never learned to like it.

In 2019 I was disappointed that no red was offered, so I bought Saber.
Now that I have it I like it much better than ersatz red.
The Hot Pepper Red is beautiful but its about as actually red as my Aerostar...(which is not really)
So blue was my second choice, I love the Magnetic, but it is just too common and doesn't show well in STX trim.

The odd thing is that Hot Pepper Red tends to photograph red but has a sort of " burnt peanut candy color" in natural light.
Or maybe its name is accurate and it looks like Hot Peppers. It is beautiful though.

Last edited:

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The odd thing is that Hot Pepper Red tends to photograph red but has a sort of " burnt peanut candy color" in natural light.
So, how many people do you think would buy a Lariat Crew Cab in Burnt Peanut Candy? I mean, other than me?

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
good point, those marketing people do have some talent at least!:giggle:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Must be 'cause it sure ain't....
Sometimes with the right exposure it almost photographs as red.
Beautiful color, but in the right light it is more like burnt orange, like those burnt peanuts you get at the show.
"Hot Chilli Pepper" is actually a great name for your color, and it has great depth and complexity.
Race Red is unmistakably RED.

I have "Saber" and in bright light it is Metallic Gold,... under street lights its more like Butterscotch.
The name "Saber" must derived from the Tiger and not the sword.
They didn't even assign a primary color name to it.

Both your color and mine are complex enough to defy primary color names.

Like Wimbleton White is only white until it is parked next to White, then you realized that it is much richer!
I really loved this color from the first time I saw it in an article I read way back when they said the Ranger was coming back to NA. I like the way it changes color with the different lighting. Sometimes I'll be at work and look outside and in the direct sunlight it really brings out the orange in it and then right before sunset it brings out the brownish/copper color. I've had more compliments on this truck than any other I've owned.

Saber did come from the tiger.

sabertooth.jpg

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I am surprised Ford has not add some new flat (non metallic) colors or what ever you call them that seem to becoming so popular now.
I am starting to see them everywhere. Toyota has added allot of them the last few years.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I purposely held out till the 2020's color specs were released with hopes that a dark metallic blue or green would be released, no luck.
Instead, I took the red plunge and ordered a 2020 SuperCab in "Rapid Red Tri-coat Metallic", the second red vehicle I've ever owned.
With my luck, Ford will offer a dark metallic blue for the '21's.
No offense to the Lightening Blue owners, but that hue is a little too 'buk-buk' for me, locals from Hawaii will know what I mean, lol.
:crackup:

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat SuperCrew 4X4 Saber 501A,Fx4 Pkg,SportPkg,Trailer Tow Pkg
I wanted to at least try for Saber, but you can't get it with the Chrome Package. Being a chromaholic, I went with the Burnt Chili Pepper Candy Kind of Red. No regrets.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I am a product of the fifties, so yes I enjoy tastefully applied chrome on my vehicles as well. Kudos to Ford for fitting the Ranger with steel bumpers and offering them in chrome.
The automotive landscape is awash with black or body colored appendages masquerading as bumpers, I prefer to show my boomer heritage.
Sponsored