OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
The six tie down handles that came on the early trucks. :inlove:
Just checked and found these mounting holes on each side...is this where the other two handles are supposed to be?

missing tie down fixtures.jpg

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Just checked and found these mounting holes on each side...is this where the other two handles are supposed to be?

missing tie down fixtures.jpg
Yes, just wanted to make sure the liner installers hadn't left them off. Some trucks came with four.

Last edited:

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes, just wanted to make sure the liner installers left them off. Some trucks came with four.
Thanks for catching that! I'm not sure if the truck came with 4 or 6? I have 4 now and hope the liner guys didn't leave those two off if it came with 6? I need to find out. Does yours have 6?

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

RangerTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Scott from Virginia. I'm not really a new member but I had left for a while and now I'm back. I had a 2019 Ranger and traded it for a 21 Bronco Sport. While I didn't have any issue with the Bronco Sport I had been regretting that decision and had been wanting back in a Ranger. Last week I took my wife's Fusion in for service and saw this 22 Cactus Grey on the lot. Was able to work out a deal I was happy with and brought it home today.

74EE0AA3-F843-445B-B753-248BEDF62E34.jpeg
Normally I am not a fan of graphics. But, dang, that is really nice looking. Love the black against that cactus grey. Nice find dude! You scored!

Scottp528

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT CREW CAB 2wd, 2019 Ford Fusion SE
Normally I am not a fan of graphics. But, dang, that is really nice looking. Love the black against that cactus grey. Nice find dude! You scored!
Thanks! Iā€™m not normally a fan of decals either but it definitely makes the cactus grey stand out. I really did get lucky finding it. It was a special order that the person decided not to purchase.

Cg32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Sales Leadership
New member from Wichita Falls, Tx with a cactus gray FX4! Funny thing is, I actually bought my ranger used in Oklahoma and afterward found it here on the site! Accordingly, I want to thank the previous owner for trading it in because I love this truck and it already had 90% of the mods done to it. As a side benefit most upgrades were documented here! Also love the graphics he put on so, yeahā€¦I am keeping it the same from that perspective. :)

I am in the process of switching the add a leaf to icon leaf packs, adding go rhino dss sliders like I had in my gladiator, upgrading them audio system and deadening the aluminum door ā€œtwangā€ and eventually switching to fox adjustable coilovers and rear shocks.

A1852271-9522-4338-9B6A-859DE6D8F0A9.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
New member from Wichita Falls, Tx with a cactus gray FX4! Funny thing is, I actually bought my ranger used in Oklahoma and afterward found it here on the site! Accordingly, I want to thank the previous owner for trading it in because I love this truck and it already had 90% of the mods done to it. As a side benefit most upgrades were documented here! Also love the graphics he put on so, yeahā€¦I am keeping it the same from that perspective. :)

I am in the process of switching the add a leaf to icon leaf packs, adding go rhino dss sliders like I had in my gladiator, upgrading them audio system and deadening the aluminum door ā€œtwangā€ and eventually switching to fox adjustable coilovers and rear shocks.

A1852271-9522-4338-9B6A-859DE6D8F0A9.jpeg
Welcome Chris! Yes the previous owner did some really good mods and I really like the graphics on the hood. You'll notice a huge difference once you change out the suspension. Many have done this and have loved the results, I just did mine about 4 months ago and with I did it sooner. Now all you need is a tailgate damper and your Ranger will be complete. ?

Cg32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Sales Leadership
Welcome Chris! Yes the previous owner did some really good mods and I really like the graphics on the hood. You'll notice a huge difference once you change out the suspension. Many have done this and have loved the results, I just did mine about 4 months ago and with I did it sooner. Now all you need is a tailgate damper and your Ranger will be complete. ?
Seeā€¦.. thatā€™s where I am ahead of the gameā€¦. It came with one!

Does anyone know the regular intervals for damper rebuilds? I want to make sure it stays in tip top shape so it doesnā€™t fail when I need it the most. ;)

I have done suspension swaps in my last 5 trucks, and this one has the Eibach kit installed (not the coilovers), so thereā€™s not a huge hurry on that part at least. Itā€™s actually pretty nice for what it is.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Seeā€¦.. thatā€™s where I am ahead of the gameā€¦. It came with one!

Does anyone know the regular intervals for damper rebuilds? I want to make sure it stays in tip top shape so it doesnā€™t fail when I need it the most. ;)

I have done suspension swaps in my last 5 trucks, and this one has the Eibach kit installed (not the coilovers), so thereā€™s not a huge hurry on that part at least. Itā€™s actually pretty nice for what it is.
So the previous owner was wise too. ? I've had mine installed for just about 3 years now and work out of my truck so I'm always in and out of the bed and it's still going strong. You might hear a creaking sound once in a while but it's not the damper it's the tailgate bushings on both sides. They get dirt in them and it'll sound like an old barn door. lol Just give them a shot of silicone spray or add some white lithium grease and it'll solve it.

I did the Eibach coilovers and love them but the regular ones should be good for now and a huge improvement over the Fx4.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Jeremy. 31yo from San Diego. I had a 2003 stick shift Ranger back in the day and knew I'd be back again. Now, many years later, with two kids, my wife and I traded my Xterra for a new Hyundai Palisade and I started driving my wife's Sonata. It got too frustrating trying the thread a squirming 2 year old through the gap between the car seat and door jamb. I needed a truck. I rented a Taco when the Palisade was in the shop for a bit, wasn't impressed. Test drove the redesigned Frontier, was also not impressed. It would take a lot of add-ons for the Frontier to get as feature rich as the Ranger. Test drove the Ranger and fell for it.

Been loving the Ranger every day ever since. I haven't done anything to it yet though it's only been about 2000 miles. I bought the RANGER decal for the tailgate indents and plan on applying that soon. I do see a travel trailer in our future, so I'll have to choose wisely to fit the family and not overload the Ranger.

I'm also considering either a drop-in cargo liner or spray liner for the bed and add either a shell or bed cover. Any opinions on those will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

20220402_160356.jpg
Welcome Jeremy,

I recommend the spray-in liner. I have the drop-in liner and it protects my truck well but it limits what else I can do with the bed.

For instance, I cannot install storage solutions such as swing cases, bedside molle panels, bed-slide system, or decked system, without removing the drop-in liner.

Iā€˜m always sliding table or mitre saws and their mobile stands, metal sawhorses, and other sharp-edged items in and out of the back of my truck and needed more protection than a spray liner. That said, most people donā€™t beat the tar out of the back of their truck and a spray-in liner easily protects their trucks, while maintaining flexibility for other accessories.

TacoNoBueno

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
New member here from Virginia. I'll be aggressively stalking this forum for as much information as I can possibly scrape. Fortunately, I know how to use the search function so hopefully that'll limit the number of stupid questions. :)

End goal, ordering a new, Ranger Lariat SC 4x4 in Hot Pepper Red.

Thanks for letting me join!
Sponsored