New Info and look at 6th Gen Ranger: Engines, Hybrid, Raptor, Timing

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Meh. If it looks like that I wouldn't buy it regardless of the powertrain. Looks like a mini Silverado. :puke:
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Meh. If it looks like that I wouldn't buy it regardless of the powertrain. Looks like a mini Silverado. :puke:
I'm glad you said it, because I've been thinking that ever since the first "renderings" leaked months ago. The bars across the front that go into the headlights make me think Chevy truck. Not a fan either.
I just came across this and if it looks anything like the renderings :puke:. :puke: The whole front end is hideous and what's up with the giant iPad looking touch screen? I hate when manufacturers make everything to big it now looks ridiculous. I hope they make a lot of changes between now and then or I'll be looking at another brand for my next purchase. Maybe that Ridgeline isn't looking so bad now.... hey Tom (@SubVet) lol

2022-Ford-Ranger-Front.jpg
Mustang-Mach-e.jpg

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just came across this and if it looks anything like the renderings :puke:. :puke: The whole front end is hideous and what's up with the giant iPad looking touch screen? I hate when manufacturers make everything to big it now looks ridiculous. I hope they make a lot of changes between now and then or I'll be looking at another brand for my next purchase. Maybe that Ridgeline isn't looking so bad now.... hey Tom (@SubVet) lol

Mustang-Mach-e.jpg
Looks like a Chevy and a Ridgeline mated and birthed a baby

Last edited:

Nick Barber

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat, FX4, White Platinum, Chrome, Tow
Occupation
Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thoughts on converting a current gen Ranger using donor parts from an existing hybrid? Would it be possible / worth it?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
With a Mustang steering wheel... ? :inspect: ?‍♂

Image 1340.png
I believe that interior shot is from the new BEV Mustang showing the larger center screen. It isn't any kind of a shot or rendering of what the next gen Ranger will look like.

Deleted member 1634

Thoughts on converting a current gen Ranger using donor parts from an existing hybrid? Would it be possible / worth it?
Anything is possible. But I very much doubt it'd be worth it, monetarily. First off, you'd have to be very skilled in both mechanics and electrics. Then the parts alone would likely cost more than the mark up on a factory installed hybrid system. And then there's all the time, labor, and downtime of the truck for retrofit. Not worth it to me for sure.

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
I only like the lines of the front fender and I can't do one of those techno nerd interiors. woof.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
one each side? or just that one overall??
I am not sure. I took that picture at last years North American International Auto Show. Which by the way is another victim of the covid 19.

This shows that they tucked the electric motor between the gas engine and the torque converter.

explorer 2020 cut 2.jpg

Kickin45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
None
Question?
Since this info came from Ford Australia, is there a chance we won’t be seeing these?
Also, I believe hybrids receive a tax break which helps compensate for the extra cost.

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB

Mustang-Mach-e.jpg
Apparently these displays are the new thing. The 2020 Escape display looks to me like it was an after thought.
2020 Escape.jpg
Sponsored