New GMC Canyon Now Shown!

OHTREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Not gonna lie…..I like the regular AT4 and it looks better than the new Ranger in my opinion. Interior is sweet. Engine will be strong as you get the best tune with all the Canyon trims. The 2.3 Eco won’t compare. My Tremor was intended as a bridge vehicle until all these new mid size designs come out. With all the issues at MAP I am guessing GM will be to market first with the twins. I also think GM is showing a true commitment to the midsize truck market in the US. Ford is treating the US mid size buyer as an after thought.

I plan to be in a new vehicle by Fall of 2023…now a good chance it will be either the Colorado Z71 or the Canyon AT4 unless the Ranger blows me away when Fords decides to actually produce it in the States.

The Ranger Raptor, the new ZR2, and the new AT4x are all sweet trucks but too much off road focus for me and way too much $$ for a midsize in my humble opinion.
Sponsored

OHTREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I attribute people buying GM products having a sever mental lapse in judgement, or possibly having an anal probe by aliens resulting in becoming totally NUTZ !!!
There's just no other excuse !!!
I have owned trucks from all the big manufacturers. Due to a lot of driving I rarely keep one for more than three years……all make some nice ones and all make some real pos…it ebbs and flows. Funny the best truck I ever owned was a Ram 1500 eco. Many had problems with them, I traded it in with 130k on it never had any issues. Pulled a camper with it a bunch too. Luck of the draw i guess.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I have owned trucks from all the big manufacturers. Due to a lot of driving I rarely keep one for more than three years……all make some nice ones and all make some real pos…it ebbs and flows. Funny the best truck I ever owned was a Ram 1500 eco. Many had problems with them, I traded it in with 130k on it never had any issues. Pulled a camper with it a bunch too. Luck of the draw i guess.
Same. I have had all three manufacturers as well. Each had good and bad.

N559br

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Retired

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
Not gonna lie…..I like the regular AT4 and it looks better than the new Ranger in my opinion. Interior is sweet. Engine will be strong as you get the best tune with all the Canyon trims. The 2.3 Eco won’t compare. My Tremor was intended as a bridge vehicle until all these new mid size designs come out. With all the issues at MAP I am guessing GM will be to market first with the twins. I also think GM is showing a true commitment to the midsize truck market in the US. Ford is treating the US mid size buyer as an after thought.

I plan to be in a new vehicle by Fall of 2023…now a good chance it will be either the Colorado Z71 or the Canyon AT4 unless the Ranger blows me away when Fords decides to actually produce it in the States.

The Ranger Raptor, the new ZR2, and the new AT4x are all sweet trucks but too much off road focus for me and way too much $$ for a midsize in my humble opinion.
To be completely honest, and I’m no GM fan, even in the last generation trucks, GM put a lot more effort into the 2015+ Colorado/Canyon for North America then Ford did when they brought the T6 Ranger over. Now I am one that kinda likes the quirkiness and Euro inspired design of the current Ranger. It doesn’t look like the other trucks and has the aero look versus the big grille blocky design, but I know big and square is all the rage right now. However the look probably doesn’t fit this market as good as the others. I still expect the next gen Ranger to be a bit more quirky and Euro then the GM twins and Nissan/Toyota. Ford isn’t going to put much into making the North American version that much different.

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I was just watching a video walk-around and caught something that I had missed previously and on the Colorado walk-arounds. There are no redundant headlight controls. Everything is baked into the infotainment system. So if that freezes up or dies you have no control of your headlights. That is completely stupid and would be a deal breaker for me. They are getting rid of way too many redundant controls on newer vehicles.

I remember when I had my 2019 Grand Cherokee the infotainment froze up on me and I had no control of my heat, heated seats or steering wheel. Only physical control was the blower speed. And we were in the middle of a deep freeze.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
My total dislike of anything GM comes from the fact that many years ago , wife and I started buying stock in Ford and GM. and over the years accumulated a nice nest egg.
Then GM, without so much as a days notice, says "we're going under, sorry that we're gonna screw you", and over night we lost a 6 figure sum of money.
Never received an apology, a reason....nada.
THEN, GM asks to be bailed out using MY TAX MONEY !!! Got screwed again....
To this day, 15 years later, still have never received a simple "We're sorry we royally screwed you back then, but we're more important than you were " !!!
Soooo, I dispise GM, it's products, it's management, and will never go look at, much less buy a GM product.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
My total dislike of anything GM comes from the fact that many years ago , wife and I started buying stock in Ford and GM. and over the years accumulated a nice nest egg.
Then GM, without so much as a days notice, says "we're going under, sorry that we're gonna screw you", and over night we lost a 6 figure sum of money.
Never received an apology, a reason....nada.
THEN, GM asks to be bailed out using MY TAX MONEY !!! Got screwed again....
To this day, 15 years later, still have never received a simple "We're sorry we royally screwed you back then, but we're more important than you were " !!!
Soooo, I dispise GM, it's products, it's management, and will never go look at, much less buy a GM product.
Understand your feelings, Steve. Without making this into a political thread, I have not received an apology about my market losses for the last year and a half either. Wish things would change or I had another choice.....

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I'm surprised they didn't do more to set it apart from the Colorado.
It surprised me too. It's difficult to tell them apart. I'm disappointed they didn't add the multipro tailgate.
From a financial perspective, it doesn't make sense to have both trucks when they are nearly identical. Drop the GMC and add a Denali type option to the Chevy.

I like the new trucks. I had a Sierra before my Ranger and never had any issues. It was a really nice riding truck.
The things I like about the truck over the 6G are stake pockets, the tailgate storage, memory seat/mirrors and cooled seats. Ford might add some of these to the N/A truck, but I doubt it.
I really like my 5G, but I don't have a loyalty to any brand, as they sure don't have any loyalty to me. I'm still 2yrs away from buying, so I have some time to decide.

CATX

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger TURBO
I don’t like saying it, but based on everything I’ve seen, GM has the best design. Ford tried to make its ranger look like a baby f150 and in the process, they ruined it and it just looks awkward. I’ll keep my 21. The 5G is the only midsize design that’s not trying too hard.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Do GM trucks really have that many problems to define them as a "POS"? Can you please explain why you feel this way? I have not personally owned a Canyon or Colorado, so I really don't know about their previous build quality. I am happy with my Ranger Tremor, so I am going to hang on to it. I had just not heard that GM is having real quality issues. Thanks in advance for your explanation!
Gm's have a myriad of transmission issues that alone does it for me the last gen canyon and colorado were both hot garbage, we got quite a few all but new ones on trade that were already falling apart less than 3 years old less than 50 k miles and their condition was bad enough they went to auction.

TheDo114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Not for the AT4 version in Canyon and ZR2 for Colorado. They drop to 6000.and 5500 based on trim and options. So, yeah, 7700 is great if you don't plan to do any off roading.

https://www.caranddriver.com/gmc/canyon
The AT4X is 6000. The AT4 is 7700.

Per the article:
Towing and Payload Capacity
The new GMC Canyon has a max towing capacity of 7700 pounds for Elevation, AT4, and Denali trim levels. That rating drops to 6000 pounds for Canyon AT4X, and down to 5500 for the AT4X when optioned with the Edition 1 package.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
well, I am a grumpy old white guy. That must be the reason I like it. But Ford has dropped the ball the last couple of years w/ the Bronco and Lightning launch. That may be the other reason I like it.
as much as i dont like gm anymore, i do share the sentiment on fords issues lately. little things that added up like the headrests or cargo tie downs on the bed. folks pre ordering well in advance and still not having the car or truck delivered! i cannot bring myself to go to gm though. the frontier that i thought was ugly is growing on me. maybe dodge will bring out a good midsize again. plus our rangers are pretty new still we got a lot of miles left.
Sponsored