First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I like the new Colorado/Canyon. This will force Ford to bring it’s A-game with the Ranger and presumably make the 2.7 option a must for the new Ranger.
You could put a 2 stroke, 3 cylinder 1963 Saab engine in a Ranger, and I'd still buy it over a GM product.
Sponsored

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
The original inspiration for that front end..……

40B6E0DE-D1BE-496C-9923-42DB147EE9B1.jpeg

well, I am a grumpy old white guy. That must be the reason I like it. But Ford has dropped the ball the last couple of years w/ the Bronco and Lightning launch. That may be the other reason I like it.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
The one thing I will give credit to GM for is it appears they have kept all the nice little touches on these vehicles instead of deleting things like Ford has done. I expect the next gen Ranger to bring back some of the deleted details, but they are going to charge you for it too. Watching videos of the 2023 overseas model things like the hood prop rod remain so there is a good chance the GM twins will be nicer when it comes to the small details. Now the prop rod doesn’t bother me, but I know it upsets some people.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
The one thing I will give credit to GM for is it appears they have kept all the nice little touches on these vehicles instead of deleting things like Ford has done. I expect the next gen Ranger to bring back some of the deleted details, but they are going to charge you for it too. Watching videos of the 2023 overseas model things like the hood prop rod remain so there is a good chance the GM twins will be nicer when it comes to the small details. Now the prop rod doesn’t bother me, but I know it upsets some people.
popped my hood the other day to check oil and stuff... the struts couldn't raise the hood half way open... might need a stick soon

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I actually like it better than the Colorado. The regular AT4 looks really good. But the price?? Yeah that's a pass. They are treading into full size price territory.

Noface

First Name
Jes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Nerd
I like the front end of the Colorado over the canyon. The weird overly on the lights gives it a transformer look which I’m not into. Other than that it’s a good over all package from the factory.

I am really digging the under body camera system. I wish someone much smarter than I would make a quality aftermarket setup like this for our 5G ranger.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
IMHO, Gm has gone off the deep end with the recent front end design on almost all their trucks. I would put it in a tie with the Tundra for overall fugly....... :frown:

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
From a purely aesthetic perspective its sharp, but it is also a gmc so you know in reality its gonna be a pos, a very nice to look at pos but a pos none the less
Do GM trucks really have that many problems to define them as a "POS"? Can you please explain why you feel this way? I have not personally owned a Canyon or Colorado, so I really don't know about their previous build quality. I am happy with my Ranger Tremor, so I am going to hang on to it. I had just not heard that GM is having real quality issues. Thanks in advance for your explanation!

Peter949

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
The GM twins are winners if that tranny is reliable. Come on Ford put that 2.7 v6 in and you probably have a repeat buyer in me. If Rivian ever make a mid size ev I would get that in a heartbeat.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I am honestly intrigued by the 2.7. I have heard amazing things about them in 1500s. I was shocked but it is nice to see them getting with the times. I say this as Ford made a new pushrod motor haha.