Need recommendations for non-leaking tonneau cover (avoid Bakflip G2)

OP
OP

d1rewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat (White Platinum)
Are you only looking at BAK covers?

If not - look at the Extang Trifecta Signature 2.0 Tonneau Cover . Buddy has one and so far no leaks.
I ended up ordering the MX4 and the Extang truck seal. I'll update here with my experience. Thanks to all!
Sponsored

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Diamondback HD cover. Love it! Every time I’ve driven it lately it has been in hard rain. Everything in the back is dry as a bone, even after leaving it in downpours at the airport for several days. And talk about secure, it would be far easier to break into the cab now rather than the bed.

Tinsoldieroh

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had an'86, a '94, and an '05. Left with wife's jeep until the '19 arrives
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
On my 2005 Ranger I had a between the rails cover and it always leaked a little, my 2019 has an over the rail cover and the bed stays dry.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the bakflip MX4......no problems with water intrusion, including car wash....

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

TimberWolf2018

First Name
TW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, crew,
I have the BAKFlip Mx4 with a spay in factory liner. My local BakFlip rep installed it ( since I knew there was fit issues) I get a slight trickle leak near the bulkhead in a power carwash. But unlike the plastic drop-in liner, the spay-in one doesn't hold water.
I love the matte finish on the aluminum panels. A nice cap will come eventually but until then...I am pleased

Tfisch

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I have the BAKFlip Mx4 with a spay in factory liner. My local BakFlip rep installed it ( since I knew there was fit issues) I get a slight trickle leak near the bulkhead in a power carwash. But unlike the plastic drop-in liner, the spay-in one doesn't hold water.
I love the matte finish on the aluminum panels. A nice cap will come eventually but until then...I am pleased
TimberWolf2018. Any pics of your MX4. Is it a tri or quad fold?
Anyone, the Ford accessories page makes it look like the factory/bak cover is a quad fold.

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone, the Ford accessories page makes it look like the factory/bak cover is a quad fold.
Factory is the G2

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Diamondback HD cover. Love it! Every time I’ve driven it lately it has been in hard rain. Everything in the back is dry as a bone, even after leaving it in downpours at the airport for several days. And talk about secure, it would be far easier to break into the cab now rather than the bed.
That's next for my build...:like:

TimberWolf2018

First Name
TW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, crew,
60714562_151279405917985_6140206400689150824_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fyyz1-1.fna.fbcdn.jpg

Not the greatest picture but it is a Trifold and the surface is flat black brushed aircraft aluminum. After the poor install on my F150 fiberglass tonneau cover, I decided not to deal with Ford for the cover on my RANGER. I am thrilled with the quality of the product and the installation this time.

beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew FX4
Last edited:

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase

Rone28

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019
I got the Ford version of the bakflip and it looks good but the fit is awful. Not secure at all. And you have to open the cover before closing the gate. Seems like there is an updated version of the bakflip branded one that you can close with the cover down.

I had an undercover flex on my Colorado that was great and secure. Also like the way it secures the top in the open position instead of leaning it on the truck cab.

I am going to go back and talk to the dealer to see if I can get a different one through them.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I got the Ford version of the bakflip and it looks good but the fit is awful. Not secure at all. And you have to open the cover before closing the gate. Seems like there is an updated version of the bakflip branded one that you can close with the cover down.

I had an undercover flex on my Colorado that was great and secure. Also like the way it secures the top in the open position instead of leaning it on the truck cab.

I am going to go back and talk to the dealer to see if I can get a different one through them.
I have the undercover flex on my Ranger. It was horrible to install. The cover does not leak. Despite adding a tailgate seal, at the car wash, I got soap in the bed from there.

1CE782C5-4C90-409C-AF64-F60E11B6D006.jpeg

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I have the Gator SR1 Pro, it DOES leak like crazy if you have the drop in liner, but I was able to fix that by cutting a 1.5" piece of deck board and placing it at the front bulkhead then squashing it down with the cover. I'm working with Gator now for an official fix because I don't think it would seal properly without the drop in liner either.