Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Well I've had bad luck since getting the 2020 a few weeks ago . Leveled her out then went to get alignment and the rear bumper was damaged . Parts on backorder for that so just in a holding pattern to get repaired . Today the drivers side CV started clicking and is leaking grease badly . Have been driving OK since the level kit was installed but I know this was my fault so just took to mechanic to get repaired on my dime . NO part to be found anywhere , Uggggh ! Most places say national backorder until at least Oct 20th and then it's a matter of how many orders are in front of mine :(

If anyone knows where to find a new or used drivers side front axle for a 2020 crew cab FX4 Lariat Ranger please let me know . I can find several for 2019 or even a 2020 XL/XLT but they all tell me they will not work on the 2020 Lariat .

I had watched this video but did not read the comments about they were doing it incorrectly . I came back in and re-watched it after the drivers side was so difficult and realized you should remove the axle nut first to prevent putting stress on the CV joint . The right side went very easy . They should really take this video down and I should have actually realized the issue sooner myself .

Ranger level.jpg
Sponsored

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I wish I could contribute something to your thread, but I will tag along and see how this goes for you. Rock Auto shows the same part numbers between 2019 and 2020. BUT only available in XL/XLT like you said.

MattS

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4
Brutal. I dislocated my driver side when installing new suspension. Big bummer. I was told this is a dealer only part. I had to call a couple dealers before one located the part at a different dealer. I'd call a ford parts department and see if the can find one. Once I got it the install was easy. Should have just removed the damn axle nut!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I feel for you Benny - I was fortunate enough to find the threads that warned about the axle nut before I did my level. I was so paranoid, I actually pushed the axle through the hub and zap strapped it to the anti-sway bar link. ?

Because the calliper and rotor are so heavy, I pulled them after first wrestling a bit with them attached - it was ten times easier to manipulate when putting it all back together. ??‍

Like @Mustang2Ranger says, get in touch with Benny @LevittownFordParts.com - if anyone can help, it’s him.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I dislocated my cv axle as well installing my 2.5 spacer lift (learned the nut Must come off). by some sorcery miracle I was able to pop it back in place and finish the install.

OP
OP
rydfree

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys . I'll try to get in touch with the other Benny , maybe he will have some sympathy for a fellow Benny , LOL .

I'd like to know what the difference between a Lariat and the XLs are . Doesn't seen to make any sense . There also must have been a re-design of the CV shaft from 2019 and 2020 also as a couple I found for 2019 models they said would not work.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Sorry to hear about this Benny. Maybe @Stage3Motorsports can help out or possibly help point you in the right direction? I hope you get it fixed soon....Good luck!

OP
OP
rydfree

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear about this Benny. Maybe @Stage3Motorsports can help out or possibly help point you in the right direction? I hope you get it fixed soon....Good luck!
Don't think I'll be asking Stage3 since it's their video that causes a lot of folks to do it incorrectly .

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Don't think I'll be asking Stage3 since it's their video that causes a lot of folks to do it incorrectly .
Doh! Sorry I had a brain fart from the first post. :headbang:

OP
OP
rydfree

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Call Levittown ford and tell your story/ask. Talk to Benny and let him know you are from the forum

They specialize in parts and may be able to locate one or direct you to a used one
I tried Levittown Ford and he said backordered until mid November :(