First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
Yep, I use red all the time for my headlamp. I don't like bugs smacking me in the face. I just prefer perimeter lights to be more true to natural light.

First Name
Renaud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Sales Manager
That's funny. No, the hinged half that hangs over the ground isn't always level. I have to level it out by adjusting the extension height of the ladder. Sometimes when I'm on uneven ground I use blocks underneath the ladder. Or I get lazy and deal with a bit of lean.

The FSR tents have no floor. There are aluminum slats that hold a hard foam base in place. Then a mattress goes over the foam base. This design is very different from other manufactures. I get no condensation build up with this design. I was skeptical at first. After using the tent 50+ nights I can comfortably say that this design is great! I'm heavy and this thing has held up nicely.
I love your set up!!!
I own a Tremor and ordered Fox 2.5's which hopefully will arrive a month or so. I know I have some 2.0 right now but I would be curious to know how big of a difference it made for you. I Live In Vancouver BC and our Dirt roads are absolutely destroyed!!! I'm hopeful the 2.5's will improve ride quality above 30Mph

Cheers from Canada

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 APG Ranger Lariot
Nice looking truck! We have a stock tremor and I'm slowly getting ideas about what to do with it after looking at these threads :D

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
Nice looking truck! We have a stock tremor and I'm slowly getting ideas about what to do with it after looking at these threads :D
Buy Once, Cry Once. That's the best advice when comes to building up your rig. Also checkout all of the videos for Overland Expo. I'm going to the West Expo in Flagstaff. Can't wait!

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
I've got an update!
I completely changed my truck bed layout. After using it for several months and multiple trips I decided to make some changes that would suit me better.

I went from this:
messages_04.jpeg

To This:
PXL_20211210_161901490.PORTRAIT.png

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
After two months of waiting my RSI Smartcap EVOa finally came in!!! The cap follows the lines of the truck nicely. This thing is sturdy but it was a pain in the @$% to put together! There has got to be a different method in the future. Lining up the pieces is tough.
Pay no attention to the hanging Baja S2's. I have yet to reroute the cables and mount the lights in position.
PXL_20211210_161849282.PORTRAIT.png

PXL_20211210_161826709.png

PXL_20211210_161808922.png

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
I installed the Load bars from Front Runner this weekend in preparation for my RTT. And I installed the RSM full sized bin. I also routed power to the bin and added additional power to the bed as well as LED lighting. I'm liking this build very much. I'll post pics when I get the chance

cburson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Question about the Fox 2.5 I was initially attracted to them but worried when I upgrade my leaf springs as you have that they wouldn't be able to handle the lift when unloaded. I think on stage 3 the info says they can handle a 1.5 inch rear lift. Any problems when you are unloaded back there? Other than just a stiffer ride? King says they can handle a 3" rear lift for instance.

Thanks.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
After two months of waiting my RSI Smartcap EVOa finally came in!!! The cap follows the lines of the truck nicely. This thing is sturdy but it was a pain in the @$% to put together! There has got to be a different method in the future. Lining up the pieces is tough.
Pay no attention to the hanging Baja S2's. I have yet to reroute the cables and mount the lights in position.
PXL_20211210_161849282.PORTRAIT.png

PXL_20211210_161826709.png

PXL_20211210_161808922.png
How do you sleep in a 5' bed?

whoisdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 IS300
Occupation
Photographer
Truck looks awesome. Did you install the Uptop rack yourself?

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
Awesome build. Nice to see a silver ranger like mine with the rsi smartcap, just confirms that I need one on mine!

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
Question about the Fox 2.5 I was initially attracted to them but worried when I upgrade my leaf springs as you have that they wouldn't be able to handle the lift when unloaded. I think on stage 3 the info says they can handle a 1.5 inch rear lift. Any problems when you are unloaded back there? Other than just a stiffer ride? King says they can handle a 3" rear lift for instance.

Thanks.
No issues with rear. They do ride stiffer but since they are adjustable I can dial in the settings and make them way better than the stock FX4 ride quality. I highly recommend these shocks. Kings are a great option as well. I used to Mountain bike a lot and I ride motorcycles so I'm partial to Fox.

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
How do you sleep in a 5' bed?
There is no way in hell I'm sleeping in a 5' bed. I'm 6'3 so I can't even lay diagonally and fit. I have a new Hardshell RTT that I have yet to install. I was busy getting it ready this weekend. I wouldn't want to sleep in the bed anyhow as I use it for storage. It would be a real pain to move items around just so that I can sleep in it.

PXL_20220108_231241037.png

PXL_20220108_231514764.png

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
Truck looks awesome. Did you install the Uptop rack yourself?
Yes and it is not fun. It's nerve racking drilling into your own roof. The plus nuts that it comes with suck. I suggest getting your own or just using a standard bolt and nut. There is enough room to do so once you get over the drilling part. And it requires 12 mounting points!
Sponsored