Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Here are the After pics.

Fully geared up with 400+ lbs in the bed
PXL_20210228_013241503.jpg

A slightly different angle
PXL_20210228_010819016.PORTRAIT.jpg

Rear with no weight in the bed. It is a much smoother ride with some weight back there. Without the weight the ASS sticks way up in the air like a dog wagging it's tail.
PXL_20210227_012306962.jpg
Great-looking Ranger! How on Earth did you get it on the moon? :wink:
Sponsored

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
Great-looking Ranger! How on Earth did you get it on the moon? :wink:
That's Anza-Borrego. It's a beautiful desert with great camping and even cooler trails. Look up Sandstone Canyon. There are countless YouTube videos on the place.

Death Valley also looks a lot like the moon. It's where parts of Star Wars was filmed.

XL GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger STX
Occupation
Civil Engineering Firm
This is a h*ll of a nice build, looks super! And wow, the moon. That's where I told my ex wife where I was calling from after I left her. She was not amused to say the least, (but I laughed my *ss off).

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
I just ordered the Bravo Roof Rack from Up Top Overland. 8 week build time!!! I'm running out of space for these longer multi-week trips. I figured it's about time that I expand my cargo capacity. I'll probably mount solar to the front of the rack and one or two boxes to the rear of the rack. Looks like I have about two months to decide how to configure the space :crying:

I looked at Prinsu but it was $200 more after shipping. Rhino Rack was even more expensive than that. So was Front Runner. Up Top Overland came in at $600 shipped! Not bad if you don't mind the wait.

https://www.uptopoverland.com/products/bravo-ford-ranger-roof-rack-2019-2021

Reactions: Doc

MTBranger

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4, 1994 Miata K-swap
Occupation
Design Engineer/ Racecars
Nice build, our trucks will be pretty similar! did you look at the driveline angles after the OME spring install, any vibration? I have mine in the garage, going to put them on this weekend.

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
Where did you get the bed rack light mounts?
The brackets for the side facing lights are the Rhino Rack 43174. It's for a light bar but I used them as individual light mounts instead.
Rhino.png

The rear Chase light brackets are just some L Brackets that I had laying around. I think they came with my Rhino Dome 1300 awning.

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
Nice build, our trucks will be pretty similar! did you look at the driveline angles after the OME spring install, any vibration? I have mine in the garage, going to put them on this weekend.
I had a local shop install my springs and coilovers. Chopping needed to be done and I figured that I'd rather leave that to the pros. The OME does lift the rear 1.7" so the front coilovers need to be adjusted if you want it level. Mine has a slight rake to it so that when I load up the bed it sits relatively level. The way that I have it setup is at nearly stock angles. Minimal headlight adjustment if any is needed. The OME's are much better than the crap that comes with it especially when loaded down and offroading. They can be a bit harsh with no weight in the bed so I soften up my suspension all the way when I daily drive.

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
I realized that I hadn't talked about my light setup yet.
All lights are from Baja Designs. They aren't the brightest ones available. I chose Baja based on low power consumption, clarity, throw, and color. All of which are top notch. I have the S8 and Sport models. I wanted good light output without spending thousands so I went with their mid level light options. If you want to go brighter then go with the Onx6+ and the Pro models.

Lightbar
Baja Designs S8 20" Lightbar in Driving Combo in White with Amber lens covers.
messages_02.jpeg

(Also Shown)
Fog Lights
Baja Designs Squadron SAE in Wide Cornering in Amber

Ditch Lights
Baja Designs Squadron Sport in Wide Cornering in White with Amber lens covers
messages_0 (3).jpeg

Backup Lights
Baja Designs S2 Sport in Wide Cornering in White
messages_03.jpeg

Side Camp Lights
Baja Designs S2 Sport in Work/Scene in Amber. I will be replacing the Amber lens with White for more perceived brightness
messages_0.jpeg

Chase Lights
Baja Designs S1 in Wide Cornering in Amber (These are really bright)
messages_0 (1).jpeg

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
The Light setup looks pretty good. Not too flashy either. I like the more subtle look to it. Once I get my Roof Rack I may add a 30" lightbar to it but still debating on that. I may change the front lights too once I get a front bumper. I really like the LP4's.

Front View
messages_04.jpeg

Rear View
messages_05.jpeg

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
3 Rangers parked next to each other !!!

PXL_20210515_183856507.png

This was at a sales event by Overland Vehicle Systems. I ended up buying their 6.5 awning. Waiting on a rack specific mount before I bolt it on.

Rick-O

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Crew Cab XL FX4
Occupation
Video Producer
Vehicle Showcase
New Rack out in the wild

PXL_20210501_224120335.PORTRAIT.png
Your truck build looks great!
How's it going now that you are putting some miles on it with the roof rack on? Is it noisy or does it whistle at higher speeds? How was the install process? Would you recommend it to others?
Sorry for all the questions, but I recently bought the KC Hilites M-Rack. I'm not happy with the way they redesigned it. Plus it's so dang expensive to add lights to, since it's designed for KC lights. I'm returning it and now I'm torn between buying the, UpTop Bravo, Prinsu or Front Runner Slimline.
Any answers and advice is appreciated.

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
Your truck build looks great!
How's it going now that you are putting some miles on it with the roof rack on? Is it noisy or does it whistle at higher speeds? How was the install process? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes and No for the recommendation.

The rack looks great up there. Noise is minimal compared to other racks that I have used on various vehicles. Install sucks. You must drill into your roof. Proceed with caution. This is the case for Prinsu and UptopOverland. I assume KC as well. Both Prinsu and Uptop use extruded aluminium for the the track system. This is ok. What I do not like are the sizes of the tracks. They both utilize M6 bolts instead of M8. The track nuts are crap but make for easy installation of mounts. The Rivnuts Plusnuts to mount the rack are garbage. I would use fender washers, split washers, bolts and nuts instead if I were to do it over again. The slats are adjustable so positioning them to fit your accessories is easy. Everyone and their mother has a prinsu installed on every taco that I see. Almost no one has the uptop so it's kind of nice being different. My rack is fairly quiet at 80+.
I have the following installed on the rack:
  • ARB Tred Pros
  • Goal Zero 100 watt solar panel
  • Axe and Shovel
  • 6.5' awning
I'll take some pictures this weekend of the entire roof rack setup. I did not opt for any light bar cutouts. I may go for the 30" cutout in the future but doubt it as I like my lights low
Sponsored