Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Turbo smart bov, cai, engine cover, afe scoop. Borla exhaust. Getting ready to change the b&o out next. Then level and bigger tires.

20211210_125034.jpg
Looks great. Question: what product did you use to paint the engine cover. Yours looks better than most attempts. Thanks

OP
OP
ICE 27

ICE 27

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger tremor
Looks great. Question: what product did you use to paint the engine cover. Yours looks better than most attempts. Thanks
I used a foam primer from hobby lobby first. To stop it from melting. Then used plasti dip because it flexes alot better then standard paint. So far so good and has stood up to heat.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I used a foam primer from hobby lobby first. To stop it from melting. Then used plasti dip because it flexes alot better then standard paint. So far so good and has stood up to heat.
Nice job ICE - it really looks great. Also, tell us more about that CAI - looks like a Roush with a makeover.

With this new information, I can definitely see @dondonbabyraptor posting a Painted my Engine Cover 2.0 thread. Brandon, put your books down for a second and check this out. It’s the exact opposite of painting advice from me, so it can likely be trusted. ?

OP
OP
ICE 27

ICE 27

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger tremor
Nice job ICE - it really looks great. Also, tell us more about that CAI - looks like a Roush with a makeover.

With this new information, I can definitely see @dondonbabyraptor posting a Painted my Engine Cover 2.0 thread. Brandon, put your books down for a second and check this out. It’s the exact opposite of painting advice from me, so it can likely be trusted. ?
Thanks, yes it's a roush with a makeover. I used plastic paint promoter on it. I replaced the the roush plate with a ford performance. I wanted something different. I'm pleased with the contrast and moving on to some graphics on outside of truck.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, yes it's a roush with a makeover. I used plastic paint promoter on it. I replaced the the roush plate with a ford performance. I wanted something different. I'm pleased with the contrast and moving on to some graphics on outside of truck.
Thanks - I like how you’re making it your own!

OP
OP
ICE 27

ICE 27

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger tremor
Thanks - I like how you’re making it your own!
I've owned alot of luxury and farm trucks. Usually left them stock. When I was a teenager my first truck was a stx ranger. I have alot of memories in that truck. I'm a old man reliving his youth. This truck puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it. My wife rolls her eyes everytime she goes to the garage. So it's all good. Lol

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Does that plasti-dip come in a spray on? In my day it was literally....you dip it in. Thanks and great build going on there!

OP
OP
ICE 27

ICE 27

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger tremor
Does that plasti-dip come in a spray on? In my day it was literally....you dip it in. Thanks and great build going on there!
It's a rattle can. I ordered it from Amazon. Used it because the foam is flexible. I figured enamel or acrylic would crack.

20211211_111812.jpg

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student

Haha, thanks for tagging me in this Duke. Good to know foam primer will stand up to the heat. I bought some silica glass primer and another engine cover haha, just waiting for the perfeeeect day. Perhaps I shall use the blaze blue plasti dip on this one, although I really do like the metallic specks...
Sponsored