My air blend door nightmare

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
I would not accept it back in that condition , and make them give me a rental till its done properly , which ,it can be , sounds like they used your truck for "training day" , just yank and pry on stuff till it comes out , broke or not , then maybe , MAYBE next time we'll do better cause now we know how it's supposed to come out ...kinda...hidden screws and tabs and things to squeeze and such (things to squeeze, haha ?)
Sponsored

OP
OP
armoredpig

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
Oh I made a stink about it. They fixed every broken and scarred panel, redid the air blender assembly, recharged the AC, and lent me a new Ford Escape for the 3 weeks they needed to repair the truck. Sadly, they took all of my aftermarket wiring and tossed it into a nest in the passenger seat.. But I don't expect them to know how to put it all back.

At least the Escape was nice. Lane centering and adaptive cruise with stop and go is a neat trick.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
My black light arrived today. And I think I found the problem with mine, looks like a leak between the thermostatic expansion valve and the evaporator. Emailed the pics to the service advisor. And suggested they consider having new seals for that service on hand and hope they don't find any other leaks.

PXL_20220415_134337120 - Copy.jpg

PXL_20220415_134354846 - Copy.jpg

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
And went to my appointment today. The tech refused to look at the pictures I sent so there was no attempt to order parts in advance of my appointment. I was advised they need to order a seal kit that is on "galactic back-order". No ETA.
Sponsored