1st service nightmare

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
righting the dealerships wrong is as easy as not taking your business there anymore. Simply fill out their customer survey and tell them why you wont come back and then head to the car wash and clean off your engine yourself. Lost business is a better motivator to do it right the first time than anything.
THLONE is right, they're laughing at you even though they're the screwups.
Not everyone has that option, if I did that the first time there was a minor issue Iā€™d be driving an extra 30 minutes each way to find the next closest dealer. Then if I had an issue there then Iā€™d be driving another hour on top of that! Everyone makes mistakes no matter what they do or who is doing it. The real way to find out what kind of business or people they are is in how they fix those mistakes!
Sponsored

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
They fixed their mistake well. I waited instead of bothering with a loaner. They apologized and cleaned what had to be cleaned. A very faint scent of oil that will go away in a couple of days.

Last edited:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
They fixed my mistake well. I waited instead of bothering with a loaner. They apologized and cleaned what had to be cleaned. A very faint scent of oil that will go away in a couple of days.
Good to hear, glad they made it right!

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Ask them to detail the engine compartment, underside of hood and firewall.

I took my truck in for my complementary 1st maintenance yesterday. Long story short, I popped the hood this morning and the dipstick was unseated from the manifold, and oil has sprayed everywhere.
I called the dealer, and am bringing it back in Monday morning.

any advice on what I should ask for? I know motor oil is extremely corrosive. Should I be worries about gaskets, coil boots, hoses, belts etc?
https://imgur.com/G3oB7Ji

BDawgSTX

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
reason 312 I check every time after a ā€˜complimentaryā€™ or any service provided. No matter where the service. My sister had same thing happen on her Rav at the Taj Mahal of service areas lol.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
The problem is regardless if you go back to the stealership dis-service center or a private service provider there are a dwindling number of folks who are in fact DETAIL driven who give a flying F*** any more. We had beat this issue to death in other threads and the bottom line is the same, unless you can develop a personal connection with a provider its pretty much a 50/50 chance it will turn out poorly requiring a return visit to rectify or you personally making it right.

Tech's need to double check their work and protect surfaces, wash their hands, use seat covers, verify oil capacity vs. guessing and be engaged in what they are being paid to do. I've been a manager at many levels in residential construction, I came up thru the field and it's getting WORSE for us too. Guys want top dollar for sub-par work thats increasingly slapped together.

I tossed all my free fluid maintenance vouchers in the trash in the sales managers office, I told him if I cant 100% trust the level of service its worthless to me..he fished them out after my monologue along with the locking lug nuts that I tossed out.

1621527550990.png

Some of us are old enough to remember this Ford quality campaign that I believe started in the late 1970's...

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
The problem is regardless if you go back to the stealership dis-service center or a private service provider there are a dwindling number of folks who are in fact DETAIL driven who give a flying F*** any more. We had beat this issue to death in other threads and the bottom line is the same, unless you can develop a personal connection with a provider its pretty much a 50/50 chance it will turn out poorly requiring a return visit to rectify or you personally making it right.

Tech's need to double check their work and protect surfaces, wash their hands, use seat covers, verify oil capacity vs. guessing and be engaged in what they are being paid to do. I've been a manager at many levels in residential construction, I came up thru the field and it's getting WORSE for us too. Guys want top dollar for sub-par work thats increasingly slapped together.

I tossed all my free fluid maintenance vouchers in the trash in the sales managers office, I told him if I cant 100% trust the level of service its worthless to me..he fished them out after my monologue along with the locking lug nuts that I tossed out.

1621527550990.png

Some of us are old enough to remember this Ford quality campaign that I believe started in the late 1970's...
"There are no bad boat crews, just bad leaders"

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
"There are no bad boat crews, just bad leaders"
I get what you are saying but from my time in both the military and civilian life id have to say there are both bad leaders and bad followers that sadly are unreachable by the best of leaders.

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
WOW! this thread was a year and 3 months old until today. how do people find these threads buried so deeply in the list?
Iā€™m gonna resurrect it again, to answer your questionā€¦.

F75EC4AA-3076-45CF-8C03-B4A5CE6EC8CB.jpeg
Sponsored