First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanic
I ordered a latchit rack Sunday after reading through this forum. Have used a bed mounted cross bar system and more recently a north shore racks NS4. I don’t think it’s a bad review by any means. Just things that need improved on and an honest account of your experience. I will say I received an email shortly after my purchase and was informed they are including some newly designed parts for me to try out so that leads me to believe they are working on ironing out the kinks. I will keep you all posted. Here are some pics of my previous set ups. The carriers on the bed are great until you need to use the bed. The NS4 was the same and I removed and installed it all the time.

0DD35162-EB3E-4EBE-9C8A-B3FB48118A31.jpeg

FA906C4D-AE77-448E-948B-71CFF0CC6D41.jpeg

450817A3-534C-4DA9-B5C5-46CBE4A0BA95.jpeg

B6C26599-AC9D-4E31-8526-FE4B9370DE25.jpeg

ABA37940-BF35-4B7F-836C-3BBB657D10E2.jpeg
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I ordered a latchit rack Sunday after reading through this forum. Have used a bed mounted cross bar system and more recently a north shore racks NS4. I don’t think it’s a bad review by any means. Just things that need improved on and an honest account of your experience. I will say I received an email shortly after my purchase and was informed they are including some newly designed parts for me to try out so that leads me to believe they are working on ironing out the kinks. I will keep you all posted. Here are some pics of my previous set ups. The carriers on the bed are great until you need to use the bed. The NS4 was the same and I removed and installed it all the time.
How do you keep the pedal from rotating into the tailgate? Seems wrought with opportunity to scratch that shiny black tailgate.

Bike Rack 002.jpeg

Chattownranger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanic
Well those pics where from the first time I mounted the rack or the bikes and was just a trial run. In use I rotate the pedals backwards so that they backpedal up against the rack then with the rear wheel locked in place on the rack the pedals can’t move either way. Also there is a ton of adjustment to move the bikes further way from the vehicle. Either straight back, tilted back from the bottom bringing the front tire further back or both of you are in say a van or truck with a camper shell.

GMTmin5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
First use of the Dakine DLX. So far so good. Easy on/off and plenty secure. I like that it has an eyelet to semi-secure it to the truck via cable lock also.
EDDC9027-A40B-46F6-83F5-C557CEEB384A.jpeg

kickinchicken

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Pro bro
Went from a Kuat Platform rack that weighed about 60lbs to this. I love it.
Doesn't scratch my paint or leave a dent in the tailgate. The padding is thick where the fork stanchions meet the pad and I use a microfiber between the two so as not to scratch anything.

InkedFox Pad_LI.jpg
Nice! I basically have the same thing (I believe). I have the RaceFace T2. In general I love it ,but I do find that there's a portion of the backup cam that gets blocked. Did you manage to work around that?

GMTmin5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Is there anything I can do to turn off the beeping of the parking sensors? They don’t seem to like the tailgate pad and sound constantly when I’m reverse. I don’t want to turn it off completely, just don’t want the beeping anymore.

Chattownranger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanic
Is there anything I can do to turn off the beeping of the parking sensors? They don’t seem to like the tailgate pad and sound constantly when I’m reverse. I don’t want to turn it off completely, just don’t want the beeping anymore.
When you shift into reverse and option pops up on the dash saying something along the lines of back up assist and you can toggle it off. Camera and all is still there. Just doesn’t make sound to alert you there is something in view of the camera. Not sure if side impact detection still works with it turned off or not.

Shelpdogg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
IT Manager
Hey kickinchicken....I just pulled the straps pretty tight and made sure it was centered. I can see it in the camera, but it doesn't block the view at all.
I think the RaceFace T2 is pretty much the same pad. I like mine a lot.

CoreyHendo

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic Grey Ranger Lariat 501A, FX4, Sport, Tow
Yes. And it fit's in our Ranger too! I used stuff I had on hand and the only thing I purchased specifically for this projects are the bolts and wing nuts. So maybe $4 spent on this.

Happy Trails!

001.JPG
I have a few stands like this that I use to transport BMX bikes. It works really well because we use it in the garage as a stand as well.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Use the button in the center of the lower console, just above and left of the shift knob to disable the parking sensors. The button is below the auto stop/start shuroff button. It will revert back to 'on' on the next startup.

kickinchicken

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Pro bro
Hey kickinchicken....I just pulled the straps pretty tight and made sure it was centered. I can see it in the camera, but it doesn't block the view at all.
I think the RaceFace T2 is pretty much the same pad. I like mine a lot.
Thanks. I was hoping to not see the bottom of the pad in the camera. I use the back of my hitch as a gauge when I'm reversing. I might modify the pad at some point.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Took my pad off today for the first time in a month or so and noticed this... this is where the bike usually rides. Using RaceFace T2 tailgate pad. Is there a way to avoid this? Maybe some pipe insulation under the pad?

A015E4A6-3763-4F08-82ED-168BC3CC7485.jpeg
Looking at your previous post it looks like you had the bike to the side of the thick pad at the back instead of on that pad. I just got the Raceface T2, my son-in-law has a large on his truck and I like it. I had thought about the wheel guide and tire holder at the front, but then I'd have to have the tailgate down resulting in no backup cam anyway.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Here is my bike on that Faceface T2 pad.

PXL_20220109_161425177 - Copy.jpg
Sponsored