Mountune High Performance Front Mount Intercooler

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
Is the turbo louder w/ the mount tune intercooler? The inlet hose doesn’t have turbo resonator like the factory setup?

I have bought from Mountune before , no customer service issues
Can't say I can tell any difference in noise for me
Sponsored

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Does this intercooler mount to the stock pipes without changing the clamp style?

I ask because I have the AFE pipes that connect with the stock intercooler so I am hoping the Mountune would work with the AFE pipes
No, you can't. They made their system different and you can't use anything other than their hoses.

GrumpyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Do we have inlet/outlet temp numbers yet compared to stock numbers??

GrumpyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I am extremely happy with my new Mountune High Performance Front Mount Intercooler. In my opinion, you cannot get a better quality product. Ken Anderson, the President of Mountune has over 30 years of experience in the industry and has worked at Cosworth, COBB and now Mountune. I can see a dramatic decrease in engine temperature. This will be perfect when crawling off road, or putting stress on the engine. I cannot wait for the release of their future engine enhancements. Feel free to ask any questions.

sfsadr.jpg

fdsa.jpg

sdfa.jpg
Hey what temps are you seeing on intake temp and pressure compared to stock? Also how many $$$ was it?

OP
OP

dannewps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Hey what temps are you seeing on intake temp and pressure compared to stock? Also how many $$$ was it?
https://www.mountuneusa.com/1400-IC-AA-p/1400-ic-aa.htm
From the site I pulled this:
$789.00

Performance Comparison : Original vs. Mountune
  • 205 deg F reduction in charge temp (27degF reduction compared to stock)
  • +10% intercooling efficiency compared to stock
  • Consistent (96-99%) intercooling efficiency under heavy load

SPEEDBUILT

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Strength Coach
https://www.mountuneusa.com/1400-IC-AA-p/1400-ic-aa.htm
From the site I pulled this:
$789.00

Performance Comparison : Original vs. Mountune
  • 205 deg F reduction in charge temp (27degF reduction compared to stock)
  • +10% intercooling efficiency compared to stock
  • Consistent (96-99%) intercooling efficiency under heavy load
It’s like you know how to use the internet....... Did the tailgate damper help you with that? ?

Shomare

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Occupation
Union President
First time I've bought from them, but I emailed to verify stock, they confirmed they had it, ordered and received next day. No complaints here, but my first time ordering from them
Hopefully they improved.

I gave up a year ago. Purchased an exhaust for my RS and three months later, no word on its delivery. Called and got an oh yeah, they are back ordered and we won't have them until the new year.

They billed me, took my money and couldn't bother to communicate about the back order that would push the wait to 7 months?! Not the only communications issues I had with them over the years. If they improved, good on them and it's about time

njdriver19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariet
Want to do my intercooler but can’t justify it as a need vs want, not planning on running bigger injectors or bigger turbo right now.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Want to do my intercooler but can’t justify it as a need vs want, not planning on running bigger injectors or bigger turbo right now.
You don't necessarily have to run bigger injectors or a bigger turbo to justify a intercooler. If anything it just helps keep a consistent lower temperature under boost well under any kind of load. For example towing or even just going up a really big hill. Or better yet you like to act like a Supercar when you're not. Those are quite a few reasons to justify a better intercooler.

njdriver19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariet
You don't necessarily have to run bigger injectors or a bigger turbo to justify a intercooler. If anything it just helps keep a consistent lower temperature under boost well under any kind of load. For example towing or even just going up a really big hill. Or better yet you like to act like a Supercar when you're not. Those are quite a few reasons to justify a better intercooler.
I agree I lust after the Mountune intercooler, but coming from a perspective of running modified turbo cars , the bigger intercooler comes in as a supporting modification after other stuff is done. Don’t get me wrong I want this intercooler but it can wait, but if you are someone who was looking to swap intercooler inlet and outlet hoses, which sell for $350 and are shitty quality, why not go Mountune inlet hoses and inter cooler for $700 something

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I agree I lust after the Mountune intercooler, but coming from a perspective of running modified turbo cars , the bigger intercooler comes in as a supporting modification after other stuff is done. Don’t get me wrong I want this intercooler but it can wait, but if you are someone who was looking to swap intercooler inlet and outlet hoses, which sell for $350 and are shitty quality, why not go Mountune inlet hoses and inter cooler for $700 something
If I wanted just a crappy hoses that AFE offered trust me I would have wasted my money already. The hoses that are offered by mountune are the same quality that Ford has and they do just fine for what I'm doing. Will this intercooler happen on my truck? Absolutely it was well once I actually have some money to spend on it. I see a lot of benefits. One benefit that would be cool to have if it was possible is to get a little bit better fuel mileage with it but then again that's not why you would buy an intercooler to begin with.

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
If I wanted just a crappy hoses that AFE offered trust me I would have wasted my money already. The hoses that are offered by mountune are the same quality that Ford has and they do just fine for what I'm doing. Will this intercooler happen on my truck? Absolutely it was well once I actually have some money to spend on it. I see a lot of benefits. One benefit that would be cool to have if it was possible is to get a little bit better fuel mileage with it but then again that's not why you would buy an intercooler to begin with.
Would you happen to have a pic of the pipes installed? Looking at the pics they have online I can't see where the diverter valve hooks up

If I would have known I would have not gotten the AFE and just waited for the full setup you got, which I will probably do anyways

And agree there are many benefits, doesn't matter what level of mods are paired with it

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Would you happen to have a pic of the pipes installed? Looking at the pics they have online I can't see where the diverter valve hooks up

If I would have known I would have not gotten the AFE and just waited for the full setup you got, which I will probably do anyways

And agree there are many benefits, doesn't matter what level of mods are paired with it
You misread my post there. I dont have the Mountune intercooler at this time. Also if you look at their hoses it changes tue hose between the blow off valve and the cooler. The afe pipe xhanges the entire hot side pipe.

SPEEDBUILT

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Strength Coach
You misread my post there. I dont have the Mountune intercooler at this time. Also if you look at their hoses it changes tue hose between the blow off valve and the cooler. The afe pipe xhanges the entire hot side pipe.
Will be interesting to compare the Mountune to the Mishimoto Intercooler setup when that comes out. I wonder if Mishimoto will do an entire hot side pipe swap, or go Mountune’s route.

OP
OP

dannewps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
It’s like you know how to use the internet....... Did the tailgate damper help you with that? ?
The internet is a great thing, and I do not have a tailgate damper. I had to pull the price from the internet, since I did not pay for mine, and didn't know the cost.
Sponsored