Mice

Roscoe_t

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL Supercab
I live out in the country with all the pluses and minuses of abundant wildlife. This week I noticed that my truck was starting to smell, as my sister-in-law would say, "like the monkey house."

I found a nest by the jack under the rear seat, along with a decomposing mouse carcass. He was just a little guy, though, so I was skeptical that he was the only stinker.

Under the back seat cushion on the other side is a sealed compartment, held in place by christmas-tree fasteners. I pried them out and found a second dead mouse under the box.

Obviously I gave the entire cab a good going over. I found some plastic debris and a couple turds in the glovebox but no dead bodies. Happily the cabin filter hadn't been chewed, so I think they hadn't invaded the HVAC plenum.

Just a suggestion that people doing a similar search don't overlook the space under that storage compartment. If they can get in by the jacking equipment they can get in under the box.
Sponsored

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient

ctechbob

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
How'd they get into the cabin?
The little bastards can squeeze through impossibly small holes. Probably through the vents at the rear of the cabin would be the easiest spot for them.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
That's why I have one of these!
She's "helping me" work from home during the floods last year in this pic. Been killing a rat or mouse almost every night lately (we live in the bush too)

IMG_0160.JPG

Crow_of_judgement

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 ranger screw lariat
Occupation
Parks and recreation maintenance
She's "helping me" work from home during the floods last year in this pic. Been killing a rat or mouse almost every night lately (we live in the bush too)

IMG_0160.JPG
Everyone needs a good shop lion

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Everyone needs a good shop lion
Yep she is a bit of a lion too, loves to hide behind things and pounce on you when you walk past, especially visitors, and most especially, visitors who don't like cats - how she knows I do not know.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I have a tiger 🐅🐯 😺🐈 😁
IMG_20230703_083410999.jpg

IMG_20230507_154137656_HDR.jpg

OP
OP

Roscoe_t

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL Supercab
I had a basenji some years ago, the most catlike of dogs. He was a master mouser, and he didn't play games with them like cats do. The downside of his talent was that I had to worm him two or three times a year for tapeworms.

Ranger Danger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger FX-4 Off-Road BLK PKG Cactus Gray
Occupation
Stay at home puppy daddy
It’s been a couple of years now, though this was $110USD to replace. It’s the cloth boot around the battery. Did I need to replace it? no I wanted it replaced. Our home has around 90acres of woods surrounding the property so we get everything. Mice & other rodents I eliminate often with these traps, simply leave water in them as bait.
IMG_1171.png

IMG_1170.jpg

Last edited:

Awg9Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT SCAB

IMG_0160.JPG
We have her sister:
IMG_4472.jpeg

The great and mighty Nebelung. She’s a little disheveled, just got up from a nap.

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
I live in a small town of 1100 people that is surrounded by crop fields and woods. The rodents all come into town at harvest time and try staying through the winter. I have several cats inside plus we feed the feral cats outside.

Them evil tree rats all decided to move into town where they don't get hunted. But between the feral cats and my Lab/Pyrenees pup, they keep them evil tree rats at bay too.

And yes we do try to tame the feral cats enough to catch and then get them fixed when we can. I can say we haven't had rodent problems in quite some time since getting indoor cats and feeding the feral cats.
Sponsored