Metal in first oil change

Billdub01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I changed oil at 500 miles. Nothing but oil... dark brown oil. When motors are new before install in vehicle and fluids. They use a break in type of grease. To protect the bearings from damage until the oil gets running through. I plan on changing a couple more times before my 1st 5k service. I've had a 289 built for my 63 Ford Galaxy 500. Break in process isn't new. Just so hard not to put the pedal to the floor every so often at first!!

Hopefully they figure out where that metal came from. Get you some peace of mind and everything. Good Luck.
Sponsored

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 XLT FX4 S Cab, FX4, 301A, Tow, Technology
To break it in properly you have to put your foot to the floor! This has changed from the old days, and it's much better. I've done it on a dozen cars so far and 2x as many motorcycles. Metal in the oil is not unusual, my Fiesta ST looked like metal flake paint after the first 100 miles (which was after my break in procedure). My wife's 2014 Escape same thing. My 19 Ranger didn't have much at 300 miles. But that's why you change oil and filter before the first 500 miles.

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
What was this outcome on this? I’m curious, especially the fuel smell in the oil.
Sponsored