Lowered Ranger.....lol

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Unsure exactly, but I've had it loaded with bags of mulch and it never bottomed out of rubbed at all. This was at the 4" rear drop, after I saw how it looked, I dropped it another 1" It really doesn't drop that much when it has a hefty payload in the bed :)
IMG_20220424_094938568_HDR.jpg

This is empty bed with the 5" rear drop.
IMG_20220427_170158604_HDR.jpg

The rear can go another 1", as can the front, but if I go any lower up front, I'll start rubbing worse than it does now... But I'm pretty sure that's due to the -55mm offset wheels...
How much room do you have between the axle and the bump stop?

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I'm actually outside working on installing an MBRP Dual Black Exhaust, so I will check for you :)

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
With Belltechs' new bumpstops, it looks like there's about 2"-3" of space from the tip of the stop for the axle, with the bed empty and 3/4 of a tank of fuel.

Elgorr4

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL
That's what I'll do when I can get my hands on a 6g.
Lifted trucks serve no purpose for me when 99% of my driving is on pavement and the other 1% is just dirt/gravel road.
I hate to say it but lifted trucks serve no purpose for 99% of people who have them lifted. It is more about the look than actual function. A stock height ranger is pretty high already, and can tackle rougher trails than 99% of lifted rangers will ever drive on. Some brave folks actually do wheel their rangers (lots of forum members here do) but most lifted trucks are used to drive up a forest service road twice a year to go camping where they will park next to a subaru lol.

I like the lowered look on some of these, I wonder if mpg increases much.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I hate to say it but lifted trucks serve no purpose for 99% of people who have them lifted. It is more about the look than actual function. A stock height ranger is pretty high already, and can tackle rougher trails than 99% of lifted rangers will ever drive on. Some brave folks actually do wheel their rangers (lots of forum members here do) but most lifted trucks are used to drive up a forest service road twice a year to go camping where they will park next to a subaru lol.

Thank goodness, another fan of us lowered guys! I'm not a fan of lifted vehicles, unless it's a Wrangler. I've added so much performance to my Ranger, with the exception of a bigger turbo, and I know my wheels are heavier than stock, but when we went to NC back in August, with the A/C on most of the time, running between 70-80 mph, we got about 27mpg, but I didn't buy my Ranger for mileage :D

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

I call BS - they will park next to a Taco. ;)

LuckyMonkey7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Lightning

Exactly. I lifted the wife's Subaru with overload springs because it was always sagging when we had it loaded or pulling a trailer. Haven't had an issue since.

I want to lower a ranger because the bed rail height is higher than f150s that I've seen them next to. It will actually make the bed usable for people under 6'25"
The gas mileage should increase but I would only expect maybe 1 mpg highway and nothing in the city, but hell, 28 mpg in a full size truck (f150s have become HD trucks at this point) seems attractive to me. Tune and some other lite mods could get it to 30.

Elgorr4

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL
I call BS - they will park next to a Taco. ;)
It is mostly Taco guys with the lifted trucks I am referring to. When we go to southern Utah to camp, I see so many cool rigs but I shake my head thinking about how much money was spent to get a taco to the same spot as a honda odyssey.

Tremortized

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Security Engineer
Not gonna lie, I've thought a lot about doing this. The 4WD would be OK for snow/ice conditions, but I wouldn't be really off-roading anymore (ultimately why I haven't done it).

Build the engine, big turbo, have some fun. TEMPTING.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Not gonna lie, I've thought a lot about doing this. The 4WD would be OK for snow/ice conditions, but I wouldn't be really off-roading anymore (ultimately why I haven't done it).

Build the engine, big turbo, have some fun. TEMPTING.
I almost bought a 2021 F-150 Regular Cab, 4x4, 5.0, solely for the purpose of dropping it as low as I as could and throw a blower on it and have fun, but with our 3 Pitbulls, the extra doors were necessary and I do not like the crew cab F-150's... I literally looked at this truck before I ordered my Ranger.
Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 21-30-32 2020 F150 4X4 REG CAB V8 5.0 FCP SUPERQUAKE EDITION! LOWERED...png

I believe one of us lowered Ranger guys has a slammed 4x4 and it looks sweet. But in order to use the Freak Ride front drop, the Ranger has to be 2wd.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Unsure exactly, but I've had it loaded with bags of mulch and it never bottomed out of rubbed at all. This was at the 4" rear drop, after I saw how it looked, I dropped it another 1" It really doesn't drop that much when it has a hefty payload in the bed :)
IMG_20220424_094938568_HDR.jpg

This is empty bed with the 5" rear drop.
IMG_20220427_170158604_HDR.jpg

The rear can go another 1", as can the front, but if I go any lower up front, I'll start rubbing worse than it does now... But I'm pretty sure that's due to the -55mm offset wheels...
Your truck has a come a long way since I have interacted with you. Good stuff, looks super clean. Makes me want to lower mine but wild off-roading is appealing from time to time.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Your truck has a come a long way since I have interacted with you. Good stuff, looks super clean. Makes me want to lower mine but wild off-roading is appealing from time to time.
Thanks! I almost ordered an FX4, but I would've had it in the mountains every weekend, trying to tear it up, LOL!

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Thanks! I almost ordered an FX4, but I would've had it in the mountains every weekend, trying to tear it up, LOL!
Sometimes I wonder if I shook anything loose or ruined my undercarriage... But it's still chuggin' along :LOL:

1675136668623.png
Sponsored