LOW TIRE!

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday I got a notification beep on my phone while driving. It was FordPass telling me the right front tire pressure was low. I didn't know it could do that.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yesterday I got a notification beep on my phone while driving. It was FordPass telling me the right front tire pressure was low. I didn't know it could do that.
Mine did the same a couple months back. I was picking stuff up at work and I got the notification. Sure enough I had a nail in my rear left tire. As soon as I started my truck another notification popped up on the left gauge cluster.

OP
OP
The Long Ranger

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
The low tire warning on the display was already on. And I knew the tire was low before I left. 3 lbs. But, as the the other tires heated up a differential of 9 pounds triggered the phone alert.

rltriumph

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Pipefitter
I had to delete my ford pass app from phone. Was killing the battery in my iphone in a matter of hours. App runs continuously in the background. Hope they fix the app before winter. Part of the reason I bought the truck I did was so I can start it from phone.

snorlax

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Parts Advisor
I had to delete my ford pass app from phone. Was killing the battery in my iphone in a matter of hours. App runs continuously in the background. Hope they fix the app before winter. Part of the reason I bought the truck I did was so I can start it from phone.
I believe there is an option for the app to only use data while in the app, at least I remember seeing that option when setting it up on my phone (android) That should help your battery issue. The app doesn't really do anything to my battery I still last all day with it.

NWRanger

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Buyer
Vehicle Showcase
I would recommend checking this out for using Siri for the truck.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/fordpass-siri-shortcuts.8200/

I use it all the time, it's actually quicker to get information and execute commands. I mostly use FordPass now if I actually need to see something. Asking my Apple Watch to "start my truck " while leaving work with my hands full? Yes please. ?
Sponsored