Low rub noise while braking at low speeds

WhtRanger

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger lariat
Getting some low brake rotor noise when braking, just noticed one of my wheels is covered in rusty looking brake dust and the rotor has uneven wear.. is it just time to change the pads?
20240108_223627.jpg
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
It is! How did you know
so the right rear brake hanging on is starting to be a common issue with the 5g trucks. mines been to the repair shop twice for it now. recently found out it can be related to parking brake being defective from the factory. hard to explain but it is like the parking brake is too tightly cabled. so it is some what on all the time even when in the fully off position. the more you drive the hotter it gets from friction. so that right rear wears out first. if it goes long enough it will eat up the rotor. you will know when it does, it will wobble and vibrate. i should have taken pictures but on mine the front brakes looked great lots of life left. the left rear had wear but still good. the right rear looked horrible. pads rotor etc toasted lol.

OP
OP
WhtRanger

WhtRanger

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger lariat
so the right rear brake hanging on is starting to be a common issue with the 5g trucks. mines been to the repair shop twice for it now. recently found out it can be related to parking brake being defective from the factory. hard to explain but it is like the parking brake is too tightly cabled. so it is some what on all the time even when in the fully off position. the more you drive the hotter it gets from friction. so that right rear wears out first. if it goes long enough it will eat up the rotor. you will know when it does, it will wobble and vibrate. i should have taken pictures but on mine the front brakes looked great lots of life left. the left rear had wear but still good. the right rear looked horrible. pads rotor etc toasted lol.
Yikes, funny enough we moved and our new house is on a sloped driveway so ive been using the parking brake, before moving i barely ever used it.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Yikes, funny enough we moved and our new house is on a sloped driveway so ive been using the parking brake, before moving i barely ever used it.
i bet thats the problem. fixed early it may not be a big deal.
Sponsored