First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
Some geniuses over on reddit have figured out how to get Siri Shortcuts working with the FordPass app so you can tell Siri to start your truck, stop it, unlock it, lock it, check the fuel, oil etc. Ive installed the shortcuts and tested them all out on my device and they are working perfectly.

If any of you don't know what this does or means, it means you can control your truck by voice and don't need to open the FordPass app to to do any of the above mentioned commands. Something I've been waiting a loooooooong time for that Ford will likely never bring us.

On your phone, you need to go to settings>shortcuts> toggle "allow untrusted shortcuts" on.

Also, I had to change the wording from "Car" to "Truck" on each shortcut because Siri wouldn't run the command using "car"

Link to instructions:
Sponsored

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Some geniuses over on reddit have figured out how to get Siri Shortcuts working with the FordPass app so you can tell Siri to start your truck, stop it, unlock it, lock it, check the fuel, oil etc. Ive installed the shortcuts and tested them all out on my device and they are working perfectly.

If any of you don't know what this does or means, it means you can control your truck by voice and don't need to open the FordPass app to to do any of the above mentioned commands. Something I've been waiting a loooooooong time for that Ford will likely never bring us.

On your phone, you need to go to settings>shortcuts> toggle "allow untrusted shortcuts" on.

Also, I had to change the wording from "Car" to "Truck" on each shortcut because Siri wouldn't run the command using "car"

Link to instructions:
My Untrusted Shortcuts are faded out. Can't turn them on...

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Run a shortcut, any shortcut, then go back to the setting and it will be available.
Bingo, I had to do this as well. Have them all set up and they work great, thanks so much for providing this!!

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
on alot of the commands i am getting a conversion error get dictionary value failed because shortcuts couldnt convert from text to dictionary
what am i doing wrong? thanks in advance

OP
OP
TylerV76

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
on alot of the commands i am getting a conversion error get dictionary value failed because shortcuts couldnt convert from text to dictionary
what am i doing wrong? thanks in advance
I would ask in the reddit thread. I just relayed the shortcut but the developer should be able top help out.

I just tested all of them and Im not seeing any error so maybe delete the shortcut that's erroring and reinstall it?

Sorry I can't be much help.

Capt'n Awesome

First Name
Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 05 Wrangler, 19 Slingshot, 04 330xi
Occupation
Enthusiast
You need to add your fordpass user name, password and VIN to the ford pass settings shortcut. most of the features call get token, then Fordpass settings. and read the results.

Sounds like you're not getting a valid api token.

Last edited:

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
You need to add your fordpass user name, password and VIN to the ford pass settings shortcut. most of the features call get token, then Fordpass settings. and read the results.
yes i did that, now i am just getting start command failed.........i am an idiot lol

Capt'n Awesome

First Name
Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 05 Wrangler, 19 Slingshot, 04 330xi
Occupation
Enthusiast
Yup. Click on the three lil' dots and and you can change it to whatever you want.
Sponsored