First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
at least the Ranger is a bona fide off vehicle - Hyundai/KIA - not really, I have a Hyundai Sante Fe that some yrs back took up a 10 mile long rocky back country road with several high clearance spots where it got hung up, would never do it again and had several people at North Fork Reservoir near Monarch CO approach and ask me how in the devil I made it there, I was lucky I guess.

But every mfg nowadays is touting their off road capabilities - and most show turing that little dial which magically enables the vehicle to seemingly handle any terrain. Hyundai/KIAs don't have high clearance for starters.
Yes the Ranger is an off-road vehicle and the KIA is not, hence my joke about even a TGD Ranger should be able to go where the Sorento can.

I'm not trying to defend KIA, or suggest they are more off-road capable than a 4x4 Ranger, and didn't mean to trigger your your Ranger defense mode.
Sponsored

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
EV Audi in Swing Arm City, under 100 miles west of MOAB.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We were just throuogh Moab a few weeks ago. The views from Canyonland NP are amazing.

IMG_1818.JPG

IMG_1819.JPG

IMG_4664.JPG
Thanks for the pictures John, looks like a great trip. After all these suggestions I might need to extend it another week especially in Moab.

philanderer

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 ford ranger
We were just throuogh Moab a few weeks ago. The views from Canyonland NP are amazing.

IMG_1818.JPG

IMG_1819.JPG

IMG_4664.JPG
probably wont be able to fit this into your list, but white rim road in canyonlands np should be on everyones bucket list. the literature says it takes 2-3 days but ive done it several times in a day. it had just rained so the western side near the green river was a little dicey the last time i was there.
1650893849769.png

1650893882564.png

1650893915085.png

1650893968277.png

dont know if you plan to do any camping, but white crack about halfway around is a nice spot. i camped there once. but good luck getting a reservation, they fill up fast.
http://www.utah3d.net/utah-travel/canyonlands/white-rim.html
Sponsored