First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I realize Little Big Horn is not everyone’s cup of tea but I originally thought it would be a whistle stop. We ended up spending half a day there.. being in the military and just seeing the country side where this battle was fought gave me a deep appreciation of this area.
My customer was just telling me about this yesterday. She said her and her husband went there years ago and like you thought it was going to be a quick stop and ended up spending most of the day there and really enjoyed it. That's another on our list to do if we're within a reasonable distance from it.
Sponsored

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
It would be a fun trip, now get out of your rocker and start planning it! ?

Do It.gif
I ain’t in rocker, I’m still gainfully employed but I do need a break!! I’ll be still working and collecting SSA by then! We might show up in a Maverick hybrid!! Although I would rather drive my FX4 Lariat, I guess I could use my excess rocking chair SSA for fuel.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Been to Hill City twice in 2014 and 2018. Very touristy town, lots of nice shops. Restaurants were good, but that was years ago...don't know whats available now.
Kill 3-4 hours by taking the 1880's train from Hill City to Keystone...slow running steam loco, very scenic.
Lots of off road trails in the area...we had a Subaru Crosstrek that we towed behind our motor home, and had several nice rides.
Definitely see the monument at night, and visit Crazy Horse.
If you haven't done it, do the Needles drive.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Been to Hill City twice in 2014 and 2018. Very touristy town, lots of nice shops. Restaurants were good, but that was years ago...don't know whats available now.
Kill 3-4 hours by taking the 1880's train from Hill City to Keystone...slow running steam loco, very scenic.
Lots of off road trails in the area...we had a Subaru Crosstrek that we towed behind our motor home, and had several nice rides.
Definitely see the monument at night, and visit Crazy Horse.
If you haven't done it, do the Needles drive.
Thanks for the suggestions Steve!

We did the Needles Highway the first day we got there and then onto the Wildlife loop, with were great! We drove through Hill City several times while we were just there and saw the cabins and the area looked really nice. We'll probably rent a side x side too like you said there are trails everywhere around there and it'll be a fun day. The 1880 train is on our list for this time too. We had just done the Durango-Silverton train so we skipped it this trip but will be doing it next time.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Another park to visit if you have the time is Custer State Park. Very scenic park to drive thru, lots of side roads and trails, buffalo herds. Not too far from Hill City.
Forgot about it.....we've been to so many that I've forgotten about some.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Another park to visit if you have the time is Custer State Park. Very scenic park to drive thru, lots of side roads and trails, buffalo herds. Not too far from Hill City.
Forgot about it.....we've been to so many that I've forgotten about some.
That was the first place we went to when we got to SD back in June. We'll definitely be going back again as it was a great place and so many cool things to do and see.

Got stuck in a Bison crossing.

IMG_5996.jpg

IMG_6006.jpg

This guy wanted a ride in my Ranger. :shock:

IMG_6021.jpg
Sponsored