First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I just saw a video from the expo saying long range America is making one for this model ranger.
What to specify what model? If you are talking about the 2019-2023 then I can tell you it most likely won't happen until someone working with them gets it worked out. Chances are it won't.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
What to specify what model? If you are talking about the 2019-2023 then I can tell you it most likely won't happen until someone working with them gets it worked out. Chances are it won't.
The process does seem to be overly cumbersome. And they still haven't fixed the issue of hanging below the frame.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Han
The process does seem to be overly cumbersome. And they still haven't fixed the issue of hanging below the frame.
Ging below the frame.isnt the issue. The issue was the mounting points up front not being correct as the Ranger in Australia has a different Frame. The individuals who think the tank hanging below the frame is an issue like that think a.leveling kit is all you need.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Han
Ging below the frame.isnt the issue. The issue was the mounting points up front not being correct as the Ranger in Australia has a different Frame. The individuals who think the tank hanging below the frame is an issue like that think a.leveling kit is all you need.
Thank you for your assumption of me, but I have a full lift. My offroad trip today contacted my sliders and skid plates on several occasions. A tank would be an anchor. Even the guys who modified the tank to work with our Ranger have mentioned that this is an issue. Their tank is down 4 gallons on capacity due to hitting it on things.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thank you for your assumption of me, but I have a full lift. My offroad trip today contacted my sliders and skid plates on several occasions. A tank would be an anchor. Even the guys who modified the tank to work with our Ranger have mentioned that this is an issue. Their tank is down 4 gallons on capacity due to hitting it on things.
And please tell who these individuals are. Only two tanks were made. One was going to go on my Ranger. Another to go on one back east. The one back east has had more progress but still not finished to my knowledge (it has been a bit since talking to that individual).

Russd

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw bus 4runner
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. I thought they said itā€™d fit current rangers. Wasnā€™t paying too much attention at the time.. kinda funny they lost 4 gallons of capacity from dents.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Interesting. I thought they said itā€™d fit current rangers. Wasnā€™t paying too much attention at the time.. kinda funny they lost 4 gallons of capacity from dents.
Maybe for overseas models but not for the US spec

Russd

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw bus 4runner
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe for overseas models but not for the US spec
It was at the expo in flagstaff tho. If I see the video again Iā€™ll watch it.

Russd

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw bus 4runner
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
ok itā€™s for the ranger px3. They import them tho. I donā€™t know why they would if they donā€™t fit. Oh well. šŸ™„šŸ˜‚

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ok itā€™s for the ranger px3. They import them tho. I donā€™t know why they would if they donā€™t fit. Oh well. šŸ™„šŸ˜‚
Yeah the PX3 is similar but has many differences on the chassis

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
And please tell who these individuals are. Only two tanks were made. One was going to go on my Ranger. Another to go on one back east. The one back east has had more progress but still not finished to my knowledge (it has been a bit since talking to that individual).
The shop formerly known as BVO has one on their Ranger. Seen it myself. Seen the damage myself. They've wanted to keep the testing under wraps while they finish the testing, but they show it when they are at shows. Since they've shown the tank in public, I figure I can let the cat out of the bag.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The shop formerly known as BVO has one on their Ranger. Seen it myself. Seen the damage myself. They've wanted to keep the testing under wraps while they finish the testing, but they show it when they are at shows. Since they've shown the tank in public, I figure I can let the cat out of the bag.
Looks like I may want to get a hold of them and see what they did entirely. I'm actually wondering what tank they have. Was it the one that was supposed to go on my Ranger(not like it can since my Ranger bit the dust) or is it a one off tank from somewhere else?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
For extended range I bought a Yukon XL, and I just carry extra fuel in a can if I need to take the ranger somewhere for an extended time period. It was much easier than fiddling around with third party tanks that don't fit, or hang way to low. I got tired of waiting, so I no longer tow my travel trailer with the Ranger.

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Writer
I'd like to again point out that there is an easy, affordable option for putting more fuel underneath any truck with a relocated spare.

https://trailedonline.com/product/traild-6-gallon-spare-tank/

I carry two, full time, for a total of 12 extra gallons. That's all the range anyone could ever want. Plan when you're going to use them (so it's not a highway shoulder on a rainy night), keep your spare winch rod somewhere handy, and it takes maybe 60 seconds to drop them or refit them.

I fully understand the appeal of an aux or higher capacity tank since I put an LRA on the Cruiser to make things easy for my 100lbs wife. But that also cost like $3k or something plus installation.
Sponsored