Arch Stanton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 4x4 Ingot Silver 301A
Occupation
V.P. of Research and Development; Telemetry and Guidance Testing Facility at Aerodytech Corporation, Reno, Nevada
Anyone get one yet? Cannot find one anywhere.
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
"IF" you lock your Ranger (at least in the USA), the fuel filler door will be locked as well. Oh yes, perps could use a pry bar to pop it open, but how far do you think you need to go??

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
"IF" you lock your Ranger (at least in the USA), the fuel filler door will be locked as well. Oh yes, perps could use a pry bar to pop it open, but how far do you think you need to go??
Nope, the fuel filler door is NOT locked no matter whether the truck if locked or not. Perps could open it the same way you do to add fuel..

OP
OP
Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
V.P. of Research and Development; Telemetry and Guidance Testing Facility at Aerodytech Corporation, Reno, Nevada
So am guessing that locking gas "plug" not yet made for the new Ranger? Many versions out for other newer Ford models, just seems like one must work on the Ranger?

OP
OP
Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
You made me look. Not at the ranger, at where you're from. Roswell NM. Ha, get some of your posts now. ??

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I know two guys with Tacoma’s that had the gas tank drained from thief drilling hole in tank ! Locking gas cab you say!!
That's the preferred way of draining a tank today, Punch a hole in the tank. The filler is designed not to take a deep hose.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
"Apples" has been taken over by the Roswell Aliens -- the fuel door does NOT lock!
Long ago when I filled up the truck for the first time and had a spill over due to a bad pump nozzle, I noticed that there are no electrical wires running up to the fuel fill door when trying to diagnose the problem. There is no locking mechanism. I called the fuel station and they already knew the pump nozzle was a problem...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored