Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
When I had my Line-X put in I made sure they didn't spray over any threaded holes in the event I wanted to add something later. They gladly accommodated that. I had the middle tie downs but there are a few others threaded holes like near the passenger side of the tailgate that I think are for accessories of some sort. I'm not sure but the Line-X installer seemed to have plugged them or something per my request during install as they are still open but with the liner coat around them.

Also they did spray my tie downs which is what I wanted. It will keep them from extra wear when using them and the paint on the tie downs rubbing off and possibly rusting.

So just ask them to not cover any opening you think you need. As for the rubber oval plugs. I suppose they can be used for bull rings. But, as was explained to me they are not really meant for tying anything down of weight as there is no real support around the opening. I think maybe they are more to accommodate drop in bed liners. So I just had them cover them as I don't plan to use them. They did ask me first if I wanted them covered or not.
Hi Mark,

Some of those holes around the tailgate side posts are used for the bed extender and maybe other add-ons.

IMG_1309_1.jpg

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Hi Mark,

Some of those holes around the tailgate side posts are used for the bed extender and maybe other add-ons.

IMG_1309_1.jpg

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Hi Phil, thanks for the info as always. :). I figured those threaded holes as well as the rest had the potential for use since they were there. That is why I asked my Line-X installer not to cover them in the event I wanted to use them some day. I edited my earlier posts with some pictures of my liner I just took. As can be seen the Line-X installer accommodated my request by not covering them up. Good to know that if I ever want to do something like a bed extender or other add-ons I won't have to mess around trying to access the appropriate places to install it.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
The plastic Line-X in your bed is the warranty "card", I would not remove it.
That's just a plastic brand badge with the name and number of the installer and should not void the warranty should it be removed. Upon installation I was given warranty paperwork that has my VIN and date it was installed. That should be enough as far as I know and my warranty paperwork doesn't mention anything about it being void should I remove the badge.

I mean think of it this way. If over time things you put in your truck bed eventually caused that plastic badge to break off or wear off, it should not void your warranty when it can't be located or easily read. The badge doesn't even have any warranty info on it such as install date. It is just a generic thing that says warranty tag and in my, I'm no lawyer opinion, is simply advertising.

I'm probably going to find a way to remove mine. Maybe a heat gun will do it.

Last edited:

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
That's just a plastic brand badge with then name and number of the installer and should not void the warranty should it be removed. Upon installation I was given warranty paperwork that has my VIN and date it was installed. That should be enough as far as I know and my warranty paperwork doesn't mention anything about it being void should I remove the badge.

I mean think of it this way. If over time things you put in your truck bed eventually caused that plastic badge to break off or wear off, it should not void your warranty when it can't be located or easily read. The badge doesn't even have any warranty info on it such as install date. It is just a generic thing that says warranty tag and in my, I'm no lawyer opinion, is simply advertising.

I'm probably going to find a way to remove mine. Maybe a heat gun will do it.
It definitely won't void your warranty. Mine didn't even get a badge in it, and I told them I only didn't want a sticker on the window.

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport
Occupation
SBC
Just got quoted $525 by Steel City Line X in Creighton pa, made an appointment for Tuesday.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I paid $599 for the Premium version, can't remember the other quotes for standard or platium, Since I have a cover probably didn't need the premium but liked the look better :)

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
On the slippery beds. My son and I sprayed his F150 bed this pst summer. The prep work took 3/4 of the time spent doing the job. We did 3 coats with the last coat adding Aluminum oxide grit while paint was still wet. No way you can slip now or have stuff skidding around while driving. I’ll be doing the Ranger this summer when weather is cooperative and will be using the “grit” trick too

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
On the slippery beds. My son and I sprayed his F150 bed this pst summer. The prep work took 3/4 of the time spent doing the job. We did 3 coats with the last coat adding Aluminum oxide grit while paint was still wet. No way you can slip now or have stuff skidding around while driving. I’ll be doing the Ranger this summer when weather is cooperative and will be using the “grit” trick too
I just added a Ford bed mat which I has planned to all along.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
I went with the UV protection Line-X premium. They quoted me:

$525.00 standard liner, $654 premium liner
I also went with the premium and paid $700 on a 6' bed (SCAB). I got the chrome badge of honor.
Sponsored