First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Also available from Amazon with free shipping, 87017 is the 5' bed and 87018 is the 6'
DEE ZEE DZ 87017 Bedmat
List Price: $112.88
Price: $87.10 & FREE Shipping
You Save: $25.78 (23%)

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
I followed your first link and this is what came up: "This Product Is Not Available For Your 2020 Ford Ranger. " I'll check Amazon... Thank you for the information...

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I had Line-X sprayed in the bed today. I opted for the UV protection upgrade. I am fairly sure a tonneau cover is in store next so the UV protection might be overkill. Honestly, I’m not sure I would have gone the Line-X route if I didn’t see how easy it was to scratch the OEM paint job from Ford. The first thing I put in the bed was about 6 empty coolers (really good party) that scratched the heck out of the bed while empty!

Question for all the experienced people: After getting a Line-X treatment, have you seen things stay in place just setting them in the bed and driving? If not, how did you solve product sliding around your bed after having Line-X sprayed?

Oh... I did not ask before hand, I wanted to see if this shop would spray the Line-X over something to get the 3D look of the Line-X logo in the bed. My guys stuck a rubberized Line-X logo in the bed and put a sticker on my rear window. The window sticker is coming off real soon. The logo attached to the side wall in the bed feels like they used some heavy duty glue to put it in place.

67878C2C-A1DD-4111-B390-2368903F2441.jpeg

588651FB-2898-48F9-B99F-04F4E7C55662.jpeg

04A88A26-10E1-4BBD-BC70-C198D4069D92.jpeg
I got the middle version of their coating. Love it. But, I also got an OEM bed mat, so unless its round and comes out of the grocery sack it stays put.

Spiritfish

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Supercab, Lightning Blue
I followed your first link and this is what came up: "This Product Is Not Available For Your 2020 Ford Ranger. " I'll check Amazon... Thank you for the information...
Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 7.33.23 PM.png

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I had Line-X sprayed in the bed today. I opted for the UV protection upgrade. I am fairly sure a tonneau cover is in store next so the UV protection might be overkill. Honestly, I’m not sure I would have gone the Line-X route if I didn’t see how easy it was to scratch the OEM paint job from Ford. The first thing I put in the bed was about 6 empty coolers (really good party) that scratched the heck out of the bed while empty!

Question for all the experienced people: After getting a Line-X treatment, have you seen things stay in place just setting them in the bed and driving? If not, how did you solve product sliding around your bed after having Line-X sprayed?

Oh... I did not ask before hand, I wanted to see if this shop would spray the Line-X over something to get the 3D look of the Line-X logo in the bed. My guys stuck a rubberized Line-X logo in the bed and put a sticker on my rear window. The window sticker is coming off real soon. The logo attached to the side wall in the bed feels like they used some heavy duty glue to put it in place.

That is what I got and I think it looks some much better than the basic. I got the Ford mat to put on top. Then their version of the Bak-Flip MX4 for the cover. Happy with the product, the dealer wasn't the best in terms of being able to schedule and complete work when he said but he installed my Ford mud flaps to make up for it.

OP
OP
pa-fatboy

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks All.

I ended up ordering the BedBug XLT Bed Floor and Tailgate liner. I am just about sold on the bak-flip MX4 tri-fold cover to finish out the bed. I want to check our vendors on here to see if anyone offers it with a discount.

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase

The plastic Line-X in your bed is the warranty "card", I would not remove it. For me, I had a check box on my work order to not put the sticker on my truck.
During the summer, I keep a cooler in the bed under my tonneau cover in case the wife finds a good deal at the butcher. To keep the cooler from moving around in the bed, I use cargo bars to limit where it can go.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01414B9HI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
I also found the Linex to be slippery tho not as bad as my drop in bedliner on my old Ranger. I have the same cargo bar and it works fine, sometimes finicky on ratcheting or releasing, but holds well. In the end I bit the bullet and got a DeeZee bedmat and it's great for stopping the slide and now I have a belt and suspenders for protecting the bed floor.

PalmettoRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4x4 Magnetic Ranger XLT SuperCrew with STX package
Get the pivot toolbox on whichever side they put the Line-X badge. Covers it up without affecting the warranty.

stevensc

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 XLT
Occupation
Retired seller of Sugar Cane Equipment
I'll be getting a Line-x job on mine in a couple of weeks. I'm not sure what is the best thing to do with the extra threaded holes for the tie down "U" s. In the pictures (blue Ranger) above it looks like they were simply sprayed over, I guess the bolts will clear the threads as they are screwed in after the job? Or run a thread chaser tap to clear them out. Maybe they were masked or plugged before spraying . the Tie downs don't look sprayed I guess they were removed before the job?
In the pictures it looks to me as though the rubber oval plugs in the side panels were not sprayed over maybe masked or removed? The plugs in the front wall do look sprayed over?
Any and all suggestions or opinions welcome. Thanks!
I'll post some pictures of mine once it is complete, the Line-x guys seem pretty busy! Good for them.
Steve W

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be getting a Line-x job on mine in a couple of weeks. I'm not sure what is the best thing to do with the extra threaded holes for the tie down "U" s. In the pictures (blue Ranger) above it looks like they were simply sprayed over, I guess the bolts will clear the threads as they are screwed in after the job? Or run a thread chaser tap to clear them out. Maybe they were masked or plugged before spraying . the Tie downs don't look sprayed I guess they were removed before the job?
In the pictures it looks to me as though the rubber oval plugs in the side panels were not sprayed over maybe masked or removed? The plugs in the front wall do look sprayed over?
I'll post some pictures of mine once it is complete, the Line-x guys seem pretty busy! Good for them.
Steve W
They definitely took out my tie downs when they sprayed mine, as they're not coated at all. If you don't have the tie-downs handy and they cover the holes, yes, a thread chaser should be enough to clean it out to use them again if you add in more tie-down. However, my rubber plugs at least in the front, were sprayed over and not masked/removed.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Steve W

When I had my Line-X put in I made sure they didn't cover any threaded holes in the event I wanted to add something later. They gladly accommodated that. I had the middle tie downs but there are a few others threaded holes like near the side of the tailgate that I think are for accessories of some sort. I'm not sure but the Line-X installer seemed to have plugged them or something per my request during install as they are still open but with the liner coat around them.

Also they did spray my tie downs which is what I wanted. It will keep them from extra wear when using them and from the paint on the tie downs rubbing off and possibly rusting.

So just ask them to not cover any opening you think you need. As for the rubber oval plugs. I suppose they can be used for bull rings. But, as was explained to me they are not really meant for tying anything down of weight as there is no real support around the opening. I think maybe they are more to accommodate drop in bed liners. So I just had them cover them as I don't plan to use them. They did ask me first if I wanted them covered or not.

Edit: Here are some pictures of mine I just took. As you can see unused threaded holes are open and I don't think it would take much to thread a bolt into them if I need to. My tie downs are coated. The oval plugs as per my request are coated over. Please don't mind the dirt in the bed, I recently had something muddy in it and have not had time to wash it yet. :)

linex1.jpg

linex2.jpg

linex3.jpg

linex4.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: