• Start date
  • Watchers 38

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat (previously 2012 Ford SVT Raptor)
You're talking about mechanical vibration noise, not wind noise. Any turbulence on the leading edge of the truck can cause wind noise. My Ranger had a poor/rough molded edge in part of the driver's mirror from the factory that whistled in the wind. Drove me crazy trying to find it. Ended up filing it down and now it's quiet.
FD397025-DF01-4663-85DD-9F8B114DCB51.jpeg

Interesting, I’ve never had wind noise from changes on the leading edge of the truck.
Sponsored

Jackson84

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport/2015 Chevrolet Traverse LT
Occupation
Critical Care Flight Paramedic (Active U.S. Army)
Vehicle Showcase
Its easy to mount one up there. I dont have ACC so no worry. You use the bolts that come with the light bar and for round punched backplate bar behind the grill to secure the light bar to the lower portion of the grill. No drilling or cutting required. Done this on last 3 F150's
What bar setup is it? Do you have a link?

Desertranger19

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so I just read this entire post.. So I contacted Rough Country and they told me their light bar that goes in the bumper section WONT work for Rangers that have Adaptive Cruise Control (which makes obvious sense since its right in the middle of the opening) but also told it WONT work if I have AEB (automatic emergency Braking) cause it has sensors in there by the brackets.. I do have AEB on mine. I have the front 4 sensors mounted in the front bumper. Can anyone confirm this, that has the same features I do before I buy this? Im thinking they are just referring to adaptive cruise but should still work with AEB feature.

tivct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, Focus RS
Ok so I just read this entire post.. So I contacted Rough Country and they told me their light bar that goes in the bumper section WONT work for Rangers that have Adaptive Cruise Control (which makes obvious sense since its right in the middle of the opening) but also told it WONT work if I have AEB (automatic emergency Braking) cause it has sensors in there by the brackets.. I do have AEB on mine. I have the front 4 sensors mounted in the front bumper. Can anyone confirm this, that has the same features I do before I buy this? Im thinking they are just referring to adaptive cruise but should still work with AEB feature.
The sensors in the bumper are just for park distance warning. AEB uses the camera behind the mirror only.

Desertranger19

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
Any of you guys with the Rough Country 20" light bar installed willing to share pics of how bright it is? Worth it or buying something else?

OP
OP

Deleted member 1634

I'm curious, how many of you with light bars or pods or anything else use them regularly? I would always love to have more light facing forward, but with most not being road legal that doesn't help. I don't do much, if any, off-road driving in the dark. Where I really want the extra light is the rural roads in the spring/fall/winter to spot animals and other road hazards. But non road legal lights don't really help there, unless you're quick enough to turn them off when someone comes and don't get caught using them.

Just interested in hearing everyone's experiences and practices.

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat (previously 2012 Ford SVT Raptor)
I'm curious, how many of you with light bars or pods or anything else use them regularly? I would always love to have more light facing forward, but with most not being road legal that doesn't help. I don't do much, if any, off-road driving in the dark. Where I really want the extra light is the rural roads in the spring/fall/winter to spot animals and other road hazards. But non road legal lights don't really help there, unless you're quick enough to turn them off when someone comes and don't get caught using them.

The best approach is to have lights you can use daily, plus lights for off-road only. I run my aftermarket fog lights and daytime running lights 100% of the time I drive my truck, but I only use my 30” Rigid and Vision X ditch lights when off-road. You can buy SAE-compliant aux lighting, but it won’t be as bright as off-road lights.

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback16, Ford Ranger 11
Occupation
⭐ tender
Vehicle Showcase

I’ve owned the ranger since January of last year, when they first arrived, I learned that I needed a higher output light while outdoors. I do a lot of off-roading here in the Las Vegas desert area, since I do night/astro photography, I tend to be out during the evening.
I’ve been running the rigid D-SS pro spot pod lights, very bright and narrow stream.
I’m working on adding a barlight, should be done this week.
But the lights are a great addition for me.

E610094F-07C1-43C4-A24A-CCDFF211EB60.jpeg

thaigh32

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Active Duty Army
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone mounted lights on their ranger yet? Too scared/ don’t want to deal with the wind noise of a roof top light bar but I’m thinking about ditch lights, a small light bar in the lower fender area, and reverse flood lights.
I have a rough country one in my bumper. I went with the thin sleek design so there would be no air flow blockage to my intercooler.
The link is below

https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-20in-led-bumper-kit-70814c.html?find=2019-ford-ranger-4wd-568427

IMG_6648.PNG

OP
OP

Deleted member 1634

The best approach is to have lights you can use daily, plus lights for off-road only. I run my aftermarket fog lights and daytime running lights 100% of the time I drive my truck, but I only use my 30” Rigid and Vision X ditch lights when off-road. You can buy SAE-compliant aux lighting, but it won’t be as bright as off-road lights.
I’ve owned the ranger since January of last year, when they first arrived, I learned that I needed a higher output light while outdoors. I do a lot of off-roading here in the Las Vegas desert area, since I do night/astro photography, I tend to be out during the evening.
I’ve been running the rigid D-SS pro spot pod lights, very bright and narrow stream.
I’m working on adding a barlight, should be done this week.
But the lights are a great addition for me.
I have upgraded my fogs and high beams to LEDs, and they are much brighter. So that does help with the anemic stock output. I have yet to upgrade my lows until I'm sure there's a set out there that won't blind oncoming drivers. It still would be nice to have a set of SAE-compliant ditch lights. And I suppose I could get a set and just wire them in with the high beams, since those are never on with oncoming traffic anyways. I think in the end I want something that can't be done, and that's slightly frustrating.

Either way, thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it!

Desertranger19

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase

thaigh32

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Active Duty Army
Vehicle Showcase
That’s the same light I was thinking about buying but haven’t seen many pictures of them.. was wondering how bright they really are. Any pics of it at night?
Both headlights & fog lights are off. This picture is light bar only. Pictures don't do this little 20" bar justice it is VERY bright.

IMG_6649.PNG

Patmadd1982

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger sxt
Occupation
Papermill
I make and sell the bumper light bar brackets for 20” light bars that bolt to factory steel bumper bolts for strength. $40 on the website. www.fordrangerlifts.com

BE2565E1-0B52-4315-AA64-1CEC763DD413.jpeg

03654CA1-54D4-45A6-92C7-5B792E752B94.jpeg

953B006B-9466-4C99-9A36-121FCBD94C15.jpeg

10D0D96C-85AC-4AAA-AEE5-B6303F83457B.jpeg

05AEC981-14AC-406A-858C-6B14F7D75038.jpeg

C5C6028D-CA48-4B0D-AC18-10847B075AF0.jpeg

5FCB0D0E-85B5-4FC8-8FED-BE81ED5EF750.jpeg
Ordered a set of my mans brackets and slapped one on my ranger application went smooth cant go wrong with fordrangerlifts.com

20200603_202742.jpg
Sponsored