John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
For the folks still struggling with light bar brackets in the front that cannot block the radar unit. I've had this on for quite some time with no issues. It's sturdy, comes in different sizes and multiple holes for different types of lights. I have a 30" curved light bar on mine from Rough Country.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/162694156475
ledbar_800.jpg
Sponsored

Ron Heritage

First Name
Roniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I would like the 20" Rough Country to go in the bumper. My XLT does not have ACC so am I good to go? The Rough Country website says:
  • Does not work with models equipped with "Pre-Collision Assist w/ Automatic Emergency Braking" feature ONLY
  • Does not fit models with Adaptive Cruise Control
I didn't think the "pre-collision assist w/ auto emergency braking" had any sensors back there?

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
I would like the 20" Rough Country to go in the bumper. My XLT does not have ACC so am I good to go? The Rough Country website says:
  • Does not work with models equipped with "Pre-Collision Assist w/ Automatic Emergency Braking" feature ONLY
  • Does not fit models with Adaptive Cruise Control
I didn't think the "pre-collision assist w/ auto emergency braking" had any sensors back there?
The Adaptive Cruise and the Pre-collision sensor are one in the same. I you don't have one then you don't have the other. It's simple, if you have the big black sensor in your font bumper opening then you can't fit the light bar. If you don't have the sensor then you can fit the light bar. It's huge, you literally can't miss it.

02-ford-ranger-lariat-2019-angle--blue--exterior--front.jpg

Ron Heritage

First Name
Roniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
The Adaptive Cruise and the Pre-collision sensor are one in the same. I you don't have one then you don't have the other. It's simple, if you have the big black sensor in your font bumper opening then you can't fit the light bar. If you don't have the sensor then you can fit the light bar. It's huge, you literally can't miss it.
So I double checked and I definitely dont have the sensor down there blocking my future light bar.
Screenshot_20191230-114321_Gallery.jpg

But I do also have the pre-collision assist w/ AEB. This must be different sensors?
20191230_114218.jpg
20191230_113401.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So I double checked and I definitely dont have the sensor down there blocking my future light bar.
Screenshot_20191230-114321_Gallery.jpg

But I do also have the pre-collision assist w/ AEB. This must be different sensors?
20191230_114218.jpg
20191230_113401.jpg

I thought that the pre-collision was in the box behind the rear view mirror? I have both ACC/PCA and would love to disconnect the ACC and add a light bar but haven't seen anyone who's done this to confirm it works.

Edd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I would also like to know where the darn pre collision sensors are. I really want that light bar. I do not have adaptive cruise, but have the pre collision.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well it must be in a different location if you don't have ACC. I'm going off my personal truck which has both. When I was installing my new bumper, I fired the truck up before I had installed the ACC relocation bracket and plugged the sensor back in. When I did, the truck lit me up saying that ACC and collision avoidance were unavailable. Plugged the one large sensor back in and both work again. Not sure where it would be if you don't have ACC, perhaps it uses the parking aid sensors in conjunction with the camera by the rearview.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought that the pre-collision was in the box behind the rear view mirror? I have both ACC/PCA and would love to disconnect the ACC and add a light bar but haven't seen anyone who's done this to confirm it works.
Just relocate it. So many folks on here seem to be against it but it's working great for me. The Fab Fours bracket is only $99, much cheaper than the one from ADD.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
100% correct
i thought the ACC used the little radar box device thingy and the pre-collison used the cameras?
Again, you might be careful of expectations if you choose to remove the ACC sensor expecting to only lose ACC. when my sensor was unhooked, the truck made both ACC AND Collision avoidance disabled. I have easy access to unhook the sensor if anyone needs video proof...

Ron Heritage

First Name
Roniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Just relocate it. So many folks on here seem to be against it but it's working great for me. The Fab Fours bracket is only $99, much cheaper than the one from ADD.
If I had the ACC I would have no regrets moving it. That area is the perfect spot for a light bar, fits like a glove. I personally wouldn't just delete it. As you said it is some how connected to your pre-collision. Maybe it ends up being a bonus sensor for those of you with the ACC that we with just the pre-collision do not get.

Noel Willhite

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Man this 19" fit like a dream. Removed 2 upper push pins and the bolts fit with the brackets the bar came with like it was meant to go their.

Light bar.jpg
Thanks for the tip! This 21” fits like a dream too! Now i have 2 FRL brackets with no home
Maybe for another project or if anyone needs them

E859CFF7-EA61-451E-AC6F-1B09B92CECFF.jpeg
Sponsored