StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
I had a Rigid Single Row Midnight 10" light bar up for awhile, but really found myself gravitating toward the RC's light bars with the daytime running light feature. Let's be honest it is great to have that light when you need it, but 95-97% of the time, it just sits there dark. With this set up thought I have the DRL run into an ignited fuse in the engine bay so it comes on everytime the truck starts and the main spot/ flood function tied into my Trigger 4 Plus control unit.

I think it came out great, and has a sort of ZR2 Buffalo Dusk vibe to it.

DRL ON

4.jpg

DRL Off for comparison

1.jpg

3.jpg
2.jpg

Switches
A6316DC7-052A-4977-9478-08E5B4DD7EE6.jpeg
Sponsored

Deleted member 1634

So you think these are safe enough to have on all the time without blinding oncoming traffic? I've been trying to find more light to face forward for those dark winter drives on rural roads. Ones that aren't as bright as the sun and I don't need to scramble to turn off when someone comes the other way.

Maybe mounting something lower on the vehicle would keep the beam pattern out of oncoming eyes more. Just thinking out loud (in words) for my own setup. haha

OP
OP
StezenW

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
So you think these are safe enough to have on all the time without blinding oncoming traffic? I've been trying to find more light to face forward for those dark winter drives on rural roads. Ones that aren't as bright as the sun and I don't need to scramble to turn off when someone comes the other way.

Maybe mounting something lower on the vehicle would keep the beam pattern out of oncoming eyes more. Just thinking out loud (in words) for my own setup. haha

These have a daytime running light feature, so that's on all the time and is no brighter than the DRL strip on a Lariat headlight in addition to the normal light bar function (which cannot be use on road). So you can definitely just set it and forget it on the DRL.
Sponsored

Last edited: