First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
COTA/L
Ive read (and it appears by just by looking) that the front is about 2" lower than the rear. Im looking to improve the suspension 1st and foremost as the stock shocks/struts just arent getting it done. But I would also like to get a little lift and level it out. Im thinking 1"-2" in the back ( not sure how to best achieve that, block spacer or extra leaf spring?) Then lifting the front by 2.5"-3" , this would I assume make it fairly even/level? Ultimately after this is all done, Id like to upgrade to 265/65R18 or maybe even 265/70R18 but not sure if they fit with no modifications other than adding the lift and suspension stuff . I drive mostly on the road but will occasionally play in the mud and trails/hills but dont need any heavy duty type of upgrade, just enough to get a better ride on the road and a suspension that is good enough to play once in a while. Eibach looks to fit what Im trying to do but dont know a whole lot about this stuff as I am just learning, Im kind of new to this stuff but know the basics pretty well and I figure stuff out quickly( also have a couple of really good gear head buddies to help with installations) , so any advice or input would be awesome. Thanks guys.

These are the 2 Im looking at, not sure what the difference is and not sure if it will meet my requirements to go up a size or 2 in tire size.

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/E...ck-Sport-Shock-Strut-Kit-0-3-of-Leveling.html

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/1...wd-eibach-2-0-stage-1-suspension-package.html

Not married to these 2 kits, its just what looked to be in my budget and provides the improvements Im looking for, if anyone has any other kits that they think would work Im open to take a look as long as its within the budget.
Sponsored

tfisher15

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Supercrew, 4x4; 69 Firebird Conv
Occupation
Retired
Ive read (and it appears by just by looking) that the front is about 2" lower than the rear. Im looking to improve the suspension 1st and foremost as the stock shocks/struts just arent getting it done. But I would also like to get a little lift and level it out. Im thinking 1"-2" in the back ( not sure how to best achieve that, block spacer or extra leaf spring?) Then lifting the front by 2.5"-3" , this would I assume make it fairly even/level? Ultimately after this is all done, Id like to upgrade to 265/65R18 or maybe even 265/70R18 but not sure if they fit with no modifications other than adding the lift and suspension stuff . I drive mostly on the road but will occasionally play in the mud and trails/hills but dont need any heavy duty type of upgrade, just enough to get a better ride on the road and a suspension that is good enough to play once in a while. Eibach looks to fit what Im trying to do but dont know a whole lot about this stuff as I am just learning, Im kind of new to this stuff but know the basics pretty well and I figure stuff out quickly( also have a couple of really good gear head buddies to help with installations) , so any advice or input would be awesome. Thanks guys.

These are the 2 Im looking at, not sure what the difference is and not sure if it will meet my requirements to go up a size or 2 in tire size.

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/E...ck-Sport-Shock-Strut-Kit-0-3-of-Leveling.html

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/1...wd-eibach-2-0-stage-1-suspension-package.html

Not married to these 2 kits, its just what looked to be in my budget and provides the improvements Im looking for, if anyone has any other kits that they think would work Im open to take a look as long as its within the budget.
I just installed the Eibach 2.0 kit. I did the rears myself but had my mechanic do the coilovers. Out of the box the coilovers will raise the front of the Ranger 2 inches. The front will still be 1 inch lower than the rear so a slight rake. You’ll need to get an alignment for the front since the toe-in will be off. The ride is now perfect for me. No more extra bouncing after a bump. The ride is only a little stiffer than stock. My-2 cents.

OP
OP
Bigdmag

Bigdmag

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
COTA/L
I just installed the Eibach 2.0 kit. I did the rears myself but had my mechanic do the coilovers. Out of the box the coilovers will raise the front of the Ranger 2 inches. The front will still be 1 inch lower than the rear so a slight rake. You’ll need to get an alignment for the front since the toe-in will be off. The ride is now perfect for me. No more extra bouncing after a bump. The ride is only a little stiffer than stock. My-2 cents.
Thanks :) Curious if you think a set of 265/65R18's will work after this kit is installed? I turned the wheels all the way and it looks like there is about 1 and 1/2 inches of clearance. The new tires would add exactly 1" total height so it might be close, but with lifting the front 2" it may work. Plenty of clearance in the back for the 265/65R18's. The fronts im not sure as it just looks like its going to be close.

tfisher15

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Supercrew, 4x4; 69 Firebird Conv
Occupation
Retired
Thanks :) Curious if you think a set of 265/65R18's will work after this kit is installed? I turned the wheels all the way and it looks like there is about 1 and 1/2 inches of clearance. The new tires would add exactly 1" total height so it might be close, but with lifting the front 2" it may work. Plenty of clearance in the back for the 265/65R18's. The fronts im not sure as it just looks like its going to be close.
Sorry, I don’t know. Try searching some of the other threads about tire upgrades and lifts.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So to start off if you want to go offroad you would be better to do a lift over a leveling kit. Why you might ask? Well it is so you have good overall clearance front to back. Also from the stock settings it is a 3 inch difference in height from front to rear at the top of the wheel wells.

Now I will not trash talk some of the kits out there, more specifically Fox, Eibach, Bilstein and Icon. The only thing I dont like is that they are leveling kits. If you want a lift kit you would still be better off with a proper kit. What I mean by that is no spacers what so ever.

I myself went with Old Man EMU by ARB on my truck and i am running 265/70-17 Bridgestone Dueler Revo 3's with no rubbing what so ever. I have been on the road plenty with this kit and offroad with this kit. The best way for me to describe it is that the Old Man EMU is a nice balanced suspension for on and offroad!! I have even towed with it and the results were great!! The heaviest I got was 5,500 lbs towing my 280ZX and it handled with no problems.

Now you are probably wondering where I go off road? Well I am here in the beautiful state of Colorado and i have been trail hunting quite a bit. I haven't done anything to extreme but i still dont mind a challenge of sorts because why not. I usually hit the easy stuff with some moderate trails since it is a new truck and i dont have a locker(that will be fixed later on). With the Old Man EMU it has given me the clearance and flexibility that i need to get through most anything(within reason that is) and im comfortable at the same time.

Hopefully that is enough info for what you want to know. Also the Old Man EMU lifts the feont by 2.4 inches and the rear by 1.6 inches by itself. And it keeps the factory load capacity with no major issues.

Here are some pictures of it!!!

0906201648.jpg

0906201739_HDR.jpg

0803201851.jpg

0621201557b.jpg

0509201455.jpg

0509201513.jpg

0509201243.jpg

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
You should be able to get a 265/70 R18 in your truck with no rubbing with one of the kits that have at least a 2" raise of the front.

I went with the Ford Performance Fox 2.0 kit and I'm very happy with the results for ride on/off road.

If you want to go higher the Old Man Emu kit will be the one you want.

Here is mine with 265/70 R18 Wildpeak AT3s.

rlNpHur.jpg

83wCD43.jpg

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 (BAP)
Occupation
Products
You should be able to get a 265/70 R18 in your truck with no rubbing with one of the kits that have at least a 2" raise of the front.

I went with the Ford Performance Fox 2.0 kit and I'm very happy with the results for ride on/off road.
Thanks for this, PinePig, this is exactly what I’ve been trying to figure out. Whether I can fit 265/70/18s once I put on the Fox/Ford 2.0 kit.

Have you done any seriously rocky off-roading with it yet? Just want to be sure that there won’t be any rubbing at full articulation.

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
Thanks for this, PinePig, this is exactly what I’ve been trying to figure out. Whether I can fit 265/70/18s once I put on the Fox/Ford 2.0 kit.

Have you done any seriously rocky off-roading with it yet? Just want to be sure that there won’t be any rubbing at full articulation.
Just one short section heading up to Leavitt Lake off 108, only on 3 wheels once each on the way in/out. Haven't had any rub there or any milder off road so far.

The Wildpeaks I put on were 32.7 inch diameter, if the tires you choose are that or smaller you should be good.

That being said If you are looking for articulation ( I wasn't ) go Old Man Emu, there is a couple of folks here that have it on their trucks and are very happy ( look for the OME topic ). If you are doing rock crawling stuff on the regular it's the way I would go. Price is about the same too.

Reactions: 333

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 (BAP)
Occupation
Products
Just one short section heading up to Leavitt Lake off 108, only on 3 wheels once each on the way in/out. Haven't had any rub there or any milder off road so far.

The Wildpeaks I put on were 32.7 inch diameter, if the tires you choose are that or smaller you should be good.

That being said If you are looking for articulation ( I wasn't ) go Old Man Emu, there is a couple of folks here that have it on their trucks and are very happy ( look for the OME topic ). If you are doing rock crawling stuff on the regular it's the way I would go. Price is about the same too.
Thank you for the info. I have seen mention of the OME, and I’ll look into it more. I’m not planning on doing a bunch of rock crawling, but do want to find the perfect balance of on and off road and SHTF sort of capability. Ford Performance claims to have tuned for that, except perhaps the latter.

For the tires, I decided to go for the 65s instead of the 70s for now. Had to make a decision pretty quick cause snow is coming and these tires are in short supply currently.

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I also went with the Ford Performance Fox tuned suspension, but I went with a 285/65R 18 on a 18x9 wheel with a +19 offset. With this setup the front and rear crash bars had to be removed. That being said the 265 tire setup that you're looking at shouldn't hit the crash bars. Hope this helps!

20201001_143010.jpg

Reactions: 333

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I also went with the Ford Performance Fox tuned suspension, but I went with a 285/65R 18 on a 18x9 wheel with a +19 offset. With this setup the front and rear crash bars had to be removed. That being said the 265 tire setup that you're looking at shouldn't hit the crash bars. Hope this helps!

20201001_143010.jpg
M-18000-RA-2T.jpg

Doog Bigner

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black pkg
Occupation
Director of Community Relations
i ordered the Roush Tuned Fox 2.0 stage 1. I'll install it tomorrow then wednesday actually having local good tire shop put on 275/70 R18s to see the front fit and if don't like it, they'll switch to the 275/65 R18s which they also will have on hand. I used tire size. com to see the attached. any other tips, advice removing or cut crash bars? is appreciated...

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 4.09.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 4.09.21 PM.png

LiftMyRide

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Assistant Manager
If you are going 275 70 r18 could I get away with 285 70 r17 as I didn’t get an FX4 with 18 in rims
Sponsored