First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
I have a customer that works for Southwest,she said back in March/April most of her flights there were only 3-4 people on most flights. Seeing as it is Memorial Day weekend I thought there would be more people flying but I guess it's still to early.

WE (AZ) have been open since the 8th and while some businesses have picked up,many are still struggling. I feel bad for the businesses who's governors refuse to let them open. Sorry but there's NO reason if larger ones like Home Depot,Lowes and ChinaMart can remain open that the small business can not open too and follow the same CDC guidelines.
We just drove to Oregon for memorial day(was good to remember what its like to be a free American again), and part of the lockdown in CA was to have all restrooms closed inside businesses because apparently its hard to social distance in a restroom? Just seems cruel. Good thing dealerships are open and restrooms are open, but a restroom anywhere else is evidently closed. Makes so much sense. Maybe they didnt want people stealing TP?

We have had 1,400 documented cases in Contra Costa county, only 9 people currently in the hospital, population in county is 1.1 million. I am no expert, but it seems pretty low to me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I just brought my girlfriend to the airport and boy she wasn't kidding it's dead inside! I normally go in with her and get her checked in and walk to the gate. There are quite a few shops and restaurants here and every one of them were still closed except one gift shop, There's usually lines of people waiting to check their bags and you can see how empty it is below and this is at 12:00 noon not 12:00 midnight.

To the right is the United check in. There's no one there and the line usually wraps through all the roped in area.
IMG_2346.jpg

Southwest is to the right and was the only one with people but as you can see there were only a few there checking in.
IMG_2345.jpg

Main are walking to the concourse which again is usually wall to wall people.
IMG_2348.jpg

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
I just brought my girlfriend to the airport and boy she wasn't kidding it's dead inside! I normally go in with her and get her checked in and walk to the gate. There are quite a few shops and restaurants here and every one of them were still closed except one gift shop, There's usually lines of people waiting to check their bags and you can see how empty it is below and this is at 12:00 noon not 12:00 midnight.

To the right is the United check in. There's no one there and the line usually wraps through all the roped in area.
IMG_2346.jpg

Southwest is to the right and was the only one with people but as you can see there were only a few there checking in.
IMG_2345.jpg

Main are walking to the concourse which again is usually wall to wall people.
IMG_2348.jpg
You can easily social distance there

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I just read that 60 percent of the new AZ residents came from CA. Oh, shit there goes the neighbor hood. We need a wall on the Colorado river. :crying: :crying:?

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
I just read that 60 percent of the new AZ residents came from CA. Oh, shit there goes the neighbor hood. We need a wall on the Colorado river. :crying: :crying:?
There will be an army if Prius' drivers ready to break down the wall. Then they will complain about every little thing and raise your taxes, and it will become another unlivable cesspool just like CA.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We are still on extreme lockdown here, spent 2 1/2 months straight with my wife. Must... restore.... sanity....
That's insane! Not the spending 2 1/2 months with your wife but still being totally lockdown. Hopefully some of these small businesses do what Elon did and say FU and just open up anyways. At least you got away last weekend,looks like a nice trip.

We'll be the new CA before to long here. ? Oh well, time to start looking for a new place. We're going to Utah this fall so I'm going to take a good look around there. I've also considered moving back to the east coast maybe the Carolina's or Tennessee but I've been spoiled living here with little to no humidity.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
There will be an army if Prius' drivers ready to break down the wall. Then they will complain about every little thing and raise your taxes, and it will become another unlivable cesspool just like CA.
Well hopefully they're smart enough to realize now who kept them locked up and who gave them their freedom back! It should be YOUR choice (personal responsibility) whether you want to go out or not. I have asthma and need to be careful but I'm in no way cowering in my house.

We've been to a couple restaurants last weekend and both were very clean and taking stick precautions keeping people separated. Now came fall you won't see me at the Cardinals games (I have season tickets) or a Coyotes game because there's no way to distance yourself with 65,000 people.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
That's insane! Not the spending 2 1/2 months with your wife but still being totally lockdown. Hopefully some of these small businesses do what Elon did and say FU and just open up anyways. At least you got away last weekend,looks like a nice trip.
Yea i was happy to get away for a few days, it was much needed. We cant stay at any hotels in CA as many are closed or many require you to show paperwork that you are an essential worker who is travelling to stay their. How serious are they about the paperwork? I dunno really. I had a note from our refinery manager saying i am an essential worker, i just didnt want them to photocopy it and run the risk of them calling him to verify if i should be 200 miles from my home lol.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
Well hopefully they're smart enough to realize now who kept them locked up and who gave them their freedom back! It should be YOUR choice (personal responsibility) whether you want to go out or not. I have asthma and need to be careful but I'm in no way cowering in my house.

We've been to a couple restaurants last weekend and both were very clean and taking stick precautions keeping people separated. Now came fall you won't see me at the Cardinals games (I have season tickets) or a Coyotes game because there's no way to distance yourself with 65,000 people.
No doubt, makes sense to be smart about everything at this time. Lots of safe places to be but airplanes and packed stadiums dont make a lot of sense for now...

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Got this one in an email....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Got this one in an email....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
That was awesome, Phil! Thanks for posting it!

I still don't know how they do that - it certainly wasn't doing it thru zoom! But it is very cool.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
That was awesome, Phil! Thanks for posting it!

I still don't know how they do that - it certainly wasn't doing it thru zoom! But it is very cool.
Haha that was a good one. I was thinking of all the times people freeze or have digitized sounding voices on zoom/webex... so your right the audio had to be another method.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Haha that was a good one. I was thinking of all the times people freeze or have digitized sounding voices on zoom/webex... so your right the audio had to be another method.
As I've told people, Zoom/webex is better than nothing, but it certainly doesn't substitute for talking to people face to face. And the more people you have on a meeting the worse it is (at least that has been my experience). Technology has come a long way, but it still has a LONG ways to go in this arena.
Sponsored