Led Headlight bulbs

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
I have been considering getting a set of these to replace my fogs. I had been trying to decide between yellow and white. Yellow is good for poor conditions like snow and fog. But white is better for everyday driving and having that extra low to the road lighting. And I found this one which you can switch back and forth depending on what you want. Seems like a win-win. Haven't gotten them yet because I have a hard time making decisions sometimes (lol). But I probably will sometime soon unless someone really turns me around.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...7BSbKbdGrJeNkVvlNOJ-uq--70Xm7TEMaAjAwEALw_wcB
Here's another option for both white and yellow...

https://www.boslla.com/product/bosl...-first-4-color-led-headlight?sscid=a1k3_6ir7r
Sponsored

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
I like the idea of those, but my issue with them is optics. You'll have a strip of white and a strip of yellow LEDs on either side of the bulb. If the goal is to mimic the filament placement of a halogen bulb so that the optics are correct (or mostly correct, nothing will be perfect), then these are most likely not going to perform well.

As far as what's better, yellow or white, this is a good read:

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/lights/light_color/light_color.html

Deleted member 1634

I like the idea of those, but my issue with them is optics. You'll have a strip of white and a strip of yellow LEDs on either side of the bulb. If the goal is to mimic the filament placement of a halogen bulb so that the optics are correct (or mostly correct, nothing will be perfect), then these are most likely not going to perform well.

As far as what's better, yellow or white, this is a good read:

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/lights/light_color/light_color.html
I guess it depends on how much a 0.125" shift of the LED "filament" will affect the beam pattern. I know that they're well designed housings with the exact placement in mind. But does that shift result in a 1 foot misalignment of the pattern at a distance, or 2 feet, or more, or less. If it's only a few inches, I'm fine with that, given the other benefits (for me). But if it ends up being feet of shift or a hugely distorted pattern, then probably not.

Good point though.

And that's a good read. I did know that yellow doesn't penetrate further into the fog or through the snow, but rather that when it does reflect back off the debris in the air it doesn't hurt your eyes as much. So it gives a more "pleasurable" driving experience and allows you to concentrate better on navigating the bad weather. Same reason why I much prefer "warm" lights in my house than the harsh, but seemingly brighter, "cool" white/blue lights.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
More of the bottom ones
The one regret I had about choosing the XLT over the Lariat was the LED lamps. But I could not reconcile the extra $4K. After following your recommendation on the Auxito's, I am now very much assuaged. I ordered them yesterday and they were waiting for me when I got home today. Installed 20 minutes ago and they are amazing. Perfect fit, dust covers in place and an amazing light output. Now gotta get the hi-beams and fogs done and my angst over the lack of the Lariat LED's are over. As they say in France, Grassy Ass Amigo!

20508-bd621e49d80b861ed99002a00d95f6a1.jpg
20510-94594951307c571bf62d27fef43bfc37.jpg
20511-8db920103e3ee144115299ee3e21ebfa.jpg

#1 - Halogens on pass side, new Auxito LED on drivers side.
#2 - Both Auxito LED's.
#3 - Halogen Hi-beams over LED Lo-beams

IMG_1913.JPG

IMG_1921.JPG

IMG_1921.JPG

IMG_1922.JPG

Last edited:

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Have fun with the fog lights! I've got kids size hands and relatively slim arms and I was barely able to get my hands in there to change the bulbs. I'd highly recommend removing the plastic piece between the crash bar and the bumper. It's easy enough to do, but I was being stubborn and choose not to.

Walkeraviator

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Crew
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to make a list of replacement LED bulbs that fit in the factory headlight housing under the covers. I did search to see if anyone may have started this, but didn't find anything and I thought it may provide useful to someone looking for headlight bulbs. I need your help!!

Things to keep in mind while looking at LED replacement bulbs:
1. The LEDs themselves. You want 3 or 4 LEDs in a nice little line, not a single led with a little "lens"on it. You want to mimic the filament in a halogen bulb for proper optics.
2. 360°adjustment. You need to be able to have the LEDs firing at 9 and 3 o'clock , again, for proper optics. I have one set of led bulbs that aren't adjustable. When I installed one I noticed that it locked in on a 45° angle. Not good. Ford designed the headlight housing base this way for some reason. It doesn't affect a halogen bulb, but it makes a big difference with LEDs.

High beams (9005)

Sealight S1: (Personally verified they fit)
Auxito 80W 16,000LM: @Dgm3306

Low beams (H11)

Auxito 80W 16,000LM: @Dgm3306
CarRover 50W 10,000: (Personally verified they fit)
Are these the CarRovers you used for the fog lights?

H11 LED Headlight Bulb, CAR ROVER 50W 10000Lumens Extremely Bright H8 H9 CSP Chip LED Conversion Kit, Xenon White 6000K, 3 Year Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078Y1RMH1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_UZ5NDbT7A99CA

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Yes, I used the same ones for the fog lights and the low beams. I swapped O-rings with the halogen bulbs. The fit was pretty good with the fog lights. Lowbeams I found difficult to turn the bulb to lock it in place. Then you have the issue of making sure the leds are firing at 9 and 3 o'clock. You'll be installing and adjusting the base of the led and reinstalling a few times to get things just right.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I used the same ones for the fog lights and the low beams. I swapped O-rings with the halogen bulbs. The fit was pretty good with the fog lights. Lowbeams I found difficult to turn the bulb to lock it in place. Then you have the issue of making sure the leds are firing at 9 and 3 o'clock. You'll be installing and adjusting the base of the led and reinstalling a few times to get things just right.
On the Hikari, I removed the bulb from the base first. Installed the base until it was fully seated in the housing, and then installed the bulb.

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
On the Hikari, I removed the bulb from the base first. Installed the base until it was fully seated in the housing, and then installed the bulb.
How did you tighten up the set screw after?

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
There is no set screw on the Hikari.
Interesting. How does it stay together then? I was looking at some hikari ultras and the picture clearly shows a set screw. I'm genuinely curious about these bulbs because they could be a real asset installing them in a Ranger. Would have made my life alot easier!

Edit: Disregard. I found the ones you have. Damn smart design!

Last edited:

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed the Auxito LED in the low beam tonight. I didn't see any change that warranted beam adjustment. They perform as well as the Hikari Ultra. The dust covers do fit but do sort of need to be forced on. The only issue I had was one connector causing continuity issues, so I zip tied the connectors together. The Hikaris were placed in the foglight location and no adjustment was needed.
Sponsored