First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
No more pathetic than somebody thinking that the world should conform to their view of the world and how it should be. Different people have varying degrees of sensitivity to the brightness of oncoming lights. I rarely flash oncoming drivers when their brights are on. They simply don't bother me, unless they are aimed wrong. But, if they were too bright, I would look more towards the right edge of the roadway, as instructed in my driver education class so many years ago. I wouldn't decide that the driver was pathetic because their lights bothered me. I will however question anyone's ability to drive at night if properly aimed lights bother them.
We live in a society.

As a society we've set the rules. Wether, you, me, or anybody else likes them is besides the point. For society to thrive, or even continue existing, civilized people will conform to the standards decided by all.

Is it a big deal? Of course not.

But it is a dick move. Literally everybody that looks at the haze of light emanating from your cheap drop in LEDs in halogen reflectors thinks so.

LEDs only belong in projector housings.

If a person wants to supplement their halogen reflectors, the proper move is to add LED fogs. This will add the clarity desired without being obtrusive to others by maintaining proper cutoff as well as reducing glare. And if you get the proper beam pattern they'll project an exact copy of your halogen headlamps. Plus they actually work to increase visibility, unlike drop in LEDs.
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
installed my auxitos today. left the lows halogen for now. when it gets darker will see if the led fog and halogen low combo will be enough light for me. looks a little odd with yellow halogen lows and white led fogs and highs but i dont care. and as far as the highs go, i will obviously never be driving into oncoming traffic. comparison pics, in daylight so kinda hard to tell but they are extremely bright. four-legged inspector gave her approval on the highs

1664300267172.png

1664300408925.png
Thank you for being g considerate of others.

As a person who feeds my family by driving around at all hours of the night it's nice to see that some people still try to do right by others.

If the led fog bulbs aren't cutting it for you might I suggest going with a Baja Designs Squadron Sports or Pros in the driving/combo beam pattern. Even the pros will will be able to be aimed so as not to effect others in my experience. Diode Dynamics makes some good stuff as well I hear.

If you want I could try to find my Lariat factory LEDs fogs and throw them in a priority box for you.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I've never had any issues with replacement LEDs in a reflector housing as long as the bulb was positioned correctly as well as the aim of the light itself . A lot of people do buy the cheap bulbs that have no adjustability and also cause can cause radio interference as well , but a lot of people have factory lights that are not aimed correctly . Don't be the A$$ that doesn't care and don't be a Karen that complains as if all LEDs dropped into a reflector can't be adjusted properly .

Now , do you also have a Damper ?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Funny, in all the lighting threads I've never seen somebody who was proud enough of their ability to install drop in LEDs to actually show the beam pattern. From drivers seat and oncoming.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
"Do I get flashed by oncoming drivers? It happens. But, no more than it does when I had cars with HIDs...If someone doesn't know what to do when faced with brighter lights on oncoming traffic, they need to go back to driver's ed."

"There is glare because the led's are more intense and they are illegal for street use (read the fine print they will all say for off road use only)...But, I'm selfish and like to be able to see everything on the road..."

This is the attitude we have to deal with on an everyday basis. And not just about LED bulbs..."I don't care that it's illegal, I don't care that it blinds other drivers, I do what I want. If you don't like it, you can suck it"!

Pathetic.
Kinda like the loud and obnoxious Harley exhausts

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Funny, in all the lighting threads I've never seen somebody who was proud enough of their ability to install drop in LEDs to actually show the beam pattern. From drivers seat and oncoming.
I have a picture somewhere with my Jeep Grand Cherokee and Morimoto 2 Stroke LED drop-ins. I'll have to search the server as I don't have it hosted anymore (or I could take more pictures). They have a fantastic cut-off and the only time I get flashed is when I'm towing and my headlights point up, directly at people. Glare has not been an issue. They've been in the Jeep for the last 80k miles or so.

I do give a crap about blinding people. My 05 STi had HID inside reflector housings... From the factory. And they were fantastic. You could even lower the cut-off position from inside the car, on the fly.

That said, for the Ranger, I bought the Morimoto replacement housings and Diode Dynamics fog lights.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I have a picture somewhere with my Jeep Grand Cherokee and Morimoto 2 Stroke LED drop-ins. I'll have to search the server as I don't have it hosted anymore (or I could take more pictures). They have a fantastic cut-off and the only time I get flashed is when I'm towing and my headlights point up, directly at people. Glare has not been an issue. They've been in the Jeep for the last 80k miles or so.

I do give a crap about blinding people. My 05 STi had HID inside reflector housings... From the factory. And they were fantastic. You could even lower the cut-off position from inside the car, on the fly.

That said, for the Ranger, I bought the Morimoto replacement housings and Diode Dynamics fog lights.
HIDs don't have a problem with reflectors, LEDs do.

I believe you, and would still like to see pics. But assuming they're aimed well AND beneficial, you're part of the 1%. 99% of people should not do it.

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
HIDs don't have a problem with reflectors, LEDs do.

I believe you, and would still like to see pics. But assuming they're aimed well AND beneficial, you're part of the 1%. 99% of people should not do it.
If you actually think an HID in a reflector housing is not a problem, you're hurting your argument on your LED discussion. HID bulbs in a reflector housing will scatter light like it's its job. Go back 10-15 years ago and all those crappy Hondas that were blinding you... They put in HID bulbs. The entire HID bulb lights up and the housing cannot deal with it (the OEM option does not relate). The filament in a halogen is intentionally placed and an LED row can mimick this, where an HID cannot.

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
But it is a dick move. Literally everybody that looks at the haze of light emanating from your cheap drop in LEDs in halogen reflectors thinks so.

:crackup: :LOL: :crackup:

So, you believe @yamahaSHO right off the rip, but "Literally everybody" thinks mine is a dick move, even though I have already stated the adjustability and that mine mimics the spread and cutoff of the factory halogens. I even told the OP how to achieve this. Y'all are killin' me.

I'm glad I'm not some snowflake who cares what internet trolls think. Ain't nobody got time for that! I have important things to do! Like, check my blinker fluid. Gonna be a lot of hazard light usage with this rain from Ian coming! (Relax, it's a joke!)

:crackup::LOL::crackup:

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Does anyone just put LEDs in their fuckin high beam sockets for once? Low beams do their job just fine.

F150 and ranger guys always blind my ass with their LED lows..

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
If you actually think an HID in a reflector housing is not a problem, you're hurting your argument on your LED discussion. HID bulbs in a reflector housing will scatter light like it's its job. Go back 10-15 years ago and all those crappy Hondas that were blinding you... They put in HID bulbs. The entire HID bulb lights up and the housing cannot deal with it (the OEM option does not relate). The filament in a halogen is intentionally placed and an LED row can mimick this, where an HID cannot.
There were a couple of OEMs who used reflector housing designed specifically for HIDs. Your old STi included.

As far as I know there's no such thing for LEDs. Probably because projector housings have gotten cheaper to produce.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
:crackup: :LOL: :crackup:

So, you believe @yamahaSHO right off the rip, but "Literally everybody" thinks mine is a dick move, even though I have already stated the adjustability and that mine mimics the spread and cutoff of the factory halogens. I even told the OP how to achieve this. Y'all are killin' me.
It's a matter of attitude. You catch more flys with honey, or something like that.
Sponsored