Leather Center Console Cover, Highly recommend!

dcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCab
I want to have mine re-done... the padding is a complete joke. Ford should be embarrassed.
Not trying to be a smartass, but....have you considered that maybe you bought the wrong truck? Happens to the best of us; I've bought vehicles in the past that I regretted. Feels like you can't swing a dead cat around here without running into a post on something you hate about your Tremor. Resale values are through the roof. Might be worth taking a look around to see if there's something out there that will make you happier.
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Not trying to be a smartass, but....have you considered that maybe you bought the wrong truck? Happens to the best of us; I've bought vehicles in the past that I regretted. Feels like you can't swing a dead cat around here without running into a post on something you hate about your Tremor. Resale values are through the roof. Might be worth taking a look around to see if there's something out there that will make you happier.
He's not gonna sell his truck.

He likes to bitch about it too much.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Ug... look, I appreciate the civil tone of your post, but please... stop going after me that I bought the wrong truck. I do not accept and will not accept cheapskate crap from Ford. They half-assed the center console ARM REST (where you REST YOUR ARM every single time you're in the truck) by using cheap padding that, within only 200 miles of my ownership, was completely flattened out in the front portion and collapses everywhere else after just a minute of use. It is extremely uncomfortable and my elbow actually hurts. Others have complained about the same. I have to go buy a pad to fix that? What? This is the only car I've ever had where the center arm rest was uncomfortable. It's like resting my elbow on a piece of leather-clad metal (literally).

I am not going to sell my truck and get something else to appease the people on this forum who find it annoying that I call out crap that Ford chose to cheap out on in a $43K MSRP truck. Sorry...

Ford doesn't get a free pass in the internet from me.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
He's not gonna sell his truck.

He likes to bitch about it too much.
You still follow me around this forum finding reasons to be a child? What is wrong with you?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
You still follow me around this forum finding reasons to be a child? What is wrong with you?
The real problem for you is everyone else sees the same thing. Kinda had to ignore really, just sayin

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
The real problem for you is everyone else sees the same thing. Kinda had to ignore really, just sayin
Everyone else sees how bad the center console arm rest padding is? I agree... hard to ignore.

You and your boy D's opinion on what I should do with my truck or if I should or shouldn't voice my opinion about my truck on this forum is useless. Stop trying to be a forum cop. You aren't being paid to be. Once again - let this sink in - I'm talking about a vehicle... not you or any other individual. I'm not personally attacking you like you and your boy do. Ignore me if you don't want to read what I have to say. That's your right and there's a button for that.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Everyone else sees how bad the center console arm rest padding is? I agree... hard to ignore.
Yes the center console pad is way to thin and it should be thicker. I don't think anyone particular is trying to single you out but it does seem like a good portion of your post is something you hate about your truck or Ford. It's almost like you bought it sight unseen and now have buyers remorse? Just take a step back and look at it through our eyes. ;)

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
What's wrong with me is that I read almost every thread on here. I can't help that you are bitching in all of them.

I think it's just how you show your love?

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Yes the center console pad is way to thin and it should be thicker. I don't think anyone particular is trying to single you out but it does seem like a good portion of your post is something you hate about your truck or Ford. It's almost like you bought it sight unseen and now have buyers remorse? Just take a step back and look at it through our eyes. ;)
Again, appreciate the civil tone of your post.

So everyone can stop assuming, I test drove 4 different Ford Rangers ranging from a standard base 4x4, a couple FX4s, and finally my Tremor... along with a number of other mid-size trucks from all the brands. I ended up with the Tremor as the most capable for the price. Doesn't mean I need to tolerate or keep my mouth shut about stupid places Ford decided to cut corners... like the armrest.

You and I both simply cannot notice everything during test drives.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
What's wrong with me is that I read almost every thread on here. I can't help that you are bitching in all of them.

I think it's just how you show your love?
Thanks for reading my posts so religiously. Nice to have a fan.

dcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCab
Ug... look, I appreciate the civil tone of your post, but please... stop going after me that I bought the wrong truck. I do not accept and will not accept cheapskate crap from Ford. They half-assed the center console ARM REST (where you REST YOUR ARM every single time you're in the truck) by using cheap padding that, within only 200 miles of my ownership, was completely flattened out in the front portion and collapses everywhere else after just a minute of use. It is extremely uncomfortable and my elbow actually hurts. Others have complained about the same. I have to go buy a pad to fix that? What? This is the only car I've ever had where the center arm rest was uncomfortable. It's like resting my elbow on a piece of leather-clad metal (literally).

I am not going to sell my truck and get something else to appease the people on this forum who find it annoying that I call out crap that Ford chose to cheap out on in a $43K MSRP truck. Sorry...

Ford doesn't get a free pass in the internet from me.
Fair enough. I don't disagree with you about the arm rest...could certainly be better. Beyond that, I also think it's silly that my FX4 shocks are crap when a set of Bilsteins or Eibachs from the factory would have added minimal cost, and I'd have been happy to pay a few bucks more for my truck vs having to go to the time and expense to "fix" it after the fact. And, the fact that my 2019 was missing two bed tie downs, and Ford now charges $100 for a couple of pieces of metal is, in a word, absurd. I have come to realize that I'm a very detail oriented person, and products I'm going to be 100% happy with are few and far between. These aren't bespoke trucks. As an alternative, I could've gotten a Tacoma and been unhappy with the seating position and powertrain. Comparatively, the above issues don't seem so bad.

The point of my comment was that it's not about appeasing people on this forum, it's about you being happy. I bought a BMW once and hated it. I'd always liked them, and had built them up in my mind to be something that didn't match my reality. The fact that many people love them didn't change the fact that I didn't like mine; neither did complaining about it. What made me happier was getting rid of it for something I enjoyed more.

I don't know you beyond a few comments on an internet message board, so maybe you're 90% happy and all I've come across is the stuff you don't like. It that's the case, that's one thing. But if you get pissed off every time you think about your truck....life's too short.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Fair enough. I don't disagree with you about the arm rest...could certainly be better. Beyond that, I also think it's silly that my FX4 shocks are crap when a set of Bilsteins or Eibachs from the factory would have added minimal cost, and I'd have been happy to pay a few bucks more for my truck vs having to go to the time and expense to "fix" it after the fact. And, the fact that my 2019 was missing two bed tie downs, and Ford now charges $100 for a couple of pieces of metal is, in a word, absurd. I have come to realize that I'm a very detail oriented person, and products I'm going to be 100% happy with are few and far between. These aren't bespoke trucks. As an alternative, I could've gotten a Tacoma and been unhappy with the seating position and powertrain. Comparatively, the above issues don't seem so bad.

The point of my comment was that it's not about appeasing people on this forum, it's about you being happy. I bought a BMW once and hated it. I'd always liked them, and had built them up in my mind to be something that didn't match my reality. The fact that many people love them didn't change the fact that I didn't like mine; neither did complaining about it. What made me happier was getting rid of it for something I enjoyed more.

I don't know you beyond a few comments on an internet message board, so maybe you're 90% happy and all I've come across is the stuff you don't like. It that's the case, that's one thing. But if you get pissed off every time you think about your truck....life's too short.
As far as the armrest, it's a bit thin. If I would find a stone color leather cover to match stock I'd buy it.

To your comment on BMW, I bought an 03 convertible, and I loved how it drove. Probably the best driving car I've driven. The problem was the cost of ownership. The first 4 years it had about $1500 a year warranty repair. I got rid of it as soon as the warranty expired.

dcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCab
As far as the armrest, it's a bit thin. If I would find a stone color leather cover to match stock I'd buy it.

To your comment on BMW, I bought an 03 convertible, and I loved how it drove. Probably the best driving car I've driven. The problem was the cost of ownership. The first 4 years it had about $1500 a year warranty repair. I got rid of it as soon as the warranty expired.
Case in point - I was coming from an S2000, and didn't like the BMW drove! That doesn't mean either of us is wrong, and there are a lot more people out there who agree with you than agree with me. Mine was an '04 330i ZHP.

I'm 100% with you on cost of ownership. I did not enjoy holding my breath on the phone with the service department waiting to hear what the damage was going to be. Also wasn't happy after paying $500+ for scheduled maintenance, being told all was good, and then getting a CEL a few days later due to a tear in an intake gasket.

PltFX4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2109 Ranger Lariat FX4
Going back to the original post:
I trust you all followed the eBay ads notes... specifically Note 3:
"3.Do not include installation instructions, recommend professional installation. ":crackup:
Sponsored