Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Buyer
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 Lariat FX4. Not sure about other trims, but the center console is leather covered.

I also have a miniature schnauzer (Her name is Gracie). Long story short, she LOVES to sit on the center console. It's the perfect size and position for her to fit comfortably and have a good all-around view. I'm 100% fine with this, however. I am concerned over the long run how nails/ dirt and mud (Mentioned I have the FX4, and like to use it as such ?), will wear the leather. So I'm wondering has any found a custom fit cover for the center console, preferably water proof or another option?
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 Lariat FX4. Not sure about other trims, but the center console is leather covered.

I also have a miniature schnauzer (Her name is Gracie). Long story short, she LOVES to sit on the center console. It's the perfect size and position for her to fit comfortably and have a good all-around view. I'm 100% fine with this, however. I am concerned over the long run how nails/ dirt and mud (Mentioned I have the FX4, and like to use it as such ?), will wear the leather. So I'm wondering has any found a custom fit cover for the center console, preferably water proof or another option?
You can thank @AzScorpion for this...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PP7HRMK/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_7?smid=A39437FNLZJ2SU&psc=1

OP
OP
NWRanger

NWRanger

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Buyer
Vehicle Showcase

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I went with THIS
Mainly to protect the plastic, after years of a sweaty elbow firmly planted on the center arm rest of my last truck - looked pretty gnarly.
HERE is their website for all the options. Wish they did a leather one...

Last edited:

OP
OP
NWRanger

NWRanger

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Buyer
Vehicle Showcase
I went with THIS
Mainly to protect the plastic, after years of a sweaty elbow firmly planted on the center arm rest of my last truck - looked pretty gnarly.
HERE is their website for all the options. Wish they did a leather one...
That's almost exactly what I was looking for. I found the same company also makes this one (different material), that I'll probably end up going with as it's more water resistant, / would withstand dogs better. ?

Car Console Covers Plus Made in USA Neoprene Center Armrest Console Cover fits Ford Ranger 2019-2020 Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PDMXSQT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_D0AOFbDXGYPHV

EDIT: Looks to be about $10 cheaper on their website, so I'll be going that route. Thanks!

KnightRanger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2016 Harley FLSS,
Vehicle Showcase

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Nice!
Is it real leather?

KnightRanger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2016 Harley FLSS,
Vehicle Showcase
Nice!
Is it real leather?
It says in description that it‘s ”soft leather”.
(for 15 bucks, I think it‘s more like a “leather-ette”. lol)
But It seems like it’ll do the job of protecting the top of the console from scuffs, scratches and comfy enough as an armrest.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I got this one from Ebay- it’s neoprene and fits well. I got it for the same reason!

3A5C0AD0-BE56-478E-9BB8-6F7C04C1EA4F.jpeg
I got the fleece version from Amazon...my biggest gripe about the console is the tapered front tip which has little to no padding...I placed a shaped piece of medium density foam under this cover in that area and now my elbow is comfortably supported...

Jersey Devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
machinist
Sorry to be a dick.....
We take our dogs everywhere and would never drive without them securely belted in. I would never forgive myself if they launched to the front windshield because i slammed on the brakes or they got caught between me and the steering wheel and/or an airbag deployment....
Worth thinking about.
S.

OP
OP
NWRanger

NWRanger

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Buyer
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to be a dick.....
We take our dogs everywhere and would never drive without them securely belted in. I would never forgive myself if they launched to the front windshield because i slammed on the brakes or they got caught between me and the steering wheel and/or an airbag deployment....
Worth thinking about.
S.
I've always felt the same way, and have always made sure to keep her secure, in all my vehicles It never been hard to rig up a lead that attaches to her harness so she can sit/lay while making sure she doesn't go far in the those emergency maneuvers. The point of this thread was simply to get ideas on how to manage the center console to protect it as well!

Last edited:

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
Sorry to be a dick.....
Worth thinking about.
S.
My dog is latched in too but she always finds a way to get her paws on the console. Usually she rides tethered in the bed but itf there is too much stuff back there, like when we are camping, she rides in the front.

Jersey Devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
machinist
I'm glad Gracie has a caring owner.
And if any of you guys can figure how to keep my wife's elbow off the console, let me know. ?
Sponsored