Leather Center Console Cover, Highly recommend!

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Going back to the original post:
I trust you all followed the eBay ads notes... specifically Note 3:
"3.Do not include installation instructions, recommend professional installation. ":crackup:
If you can’t figure out how to put this on within 2 minutes turn in your man card. Call Carvana to pick up and take it away! ?
Sponsored

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I am really surprised how bad the arm rest is. Not only paper thin foam in there, but there is a lip at the front of the plastic under the foam. I'm only on it a few minutes before my elbow is uncomfortable.

I can't see dealing with a cover for the next decade, so I expect I'll be peeling the cover, cutting the lip, and give it a proper stuffing, in the next few weeks.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I am really surprised how bad the arm rest is. Not only paper thin foam in there, but there is a lip at the front of the plastic under the foam. I'm only on it a few minutes before my elbow is uncomfortable.

I can't see dealing with a cover for the next decade, so I expect I'll be peeling the cover, cutting the lip, and give it a proper stuffing, in the next few weeks.
I must have gotten your allotment of stuffing. Mine is fine.

Ranger X3

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab Lariat FX4
I bought one just like the one @AzScorpion has, and like it a lot because it is padded and so far it's held up to my rather heavy elbow.

And because someday when I grow up I want to be just like Dave (minus the damper) ;)
Yup, bought one too. The wife likes it, enough said.

tmntbrandon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Warehouse Team Lead
That ugly center console is one of the few things that made me initially hesitate buying a Ranger. I know that sounds petty but it looks cheap. Love the truck overall though. And I don't really use the arm rest, I'm one of those both hands on the wheel nerds.

JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Security, Retired military (20 yrs), retired law enforcement (15 yrs)
Vehicle Showcase
Ug... look, I appreciate the civil tone of your post, but please... stop going after me that I bought the wrong truck. I do not accept and will not accept cheapskate crap from Ford. They half-assed the center console ARM REST (where you REST YOUR ARM every single time you're in the truck) by using cheap padding that, within only 200 miles of my ownership, was completely flattened out in the front portion and collapses everywhere else after just a minute of use. It is extremely uncomfortable and my elbow actually hurts. Others have complained about the same. I have to go buy a pad to fix that? What? This is the only car I've ever had where the center arm rest was uncomfortable. It's like resting my elbow on a piece of leather-clad metal (literally).

I am not going to sell my truck and get something else to appease the people on this forum who find it annoying that I call out crap that Ford chose to cheap out on in a $43K MSRP truck. Sorry...

Ford doesn't get a free pass in the internet from me.
After 200 miles? Well, yours has a defect then. I’ve put 2400 miles on mine, use the heck out of the console to rest my forearm, and it’s just fine as far as wear. Unless you’re arm wrestling on it, I don’t see how it’s already wearing. Mine could be more comfortable however.

M SPEC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 05 &10 Subaru STI, 911, LC +2
Occupation
ER Nurse/Nursing Instructor Retired
Fair enough. I don't disagree with you about the arm rest...could certainly be better. Beyond that, I also think it's silly that my FX4 shocks are crap when a set of Bilsteins or Eibachs from the factory would have added minimal cost, and I'd have been happy to pay a few bucks more for my truck vs having to go to the time and expense to "fix" it after the fact. And, the fact that my 2019 was missing two bed tie downs, and Ford now charges $100 for a couple of pieces of metal is, in a word, absurd. I have come to realize that I'm a very detail oriented person, and products I'm going to be 100% happy with are few and far between. These aren't bespoke trucks. As an alternative, I could've gotten a Tacoma and been unhappy with the seating position and powertrain. Comparatively, the above issues don't seem so bad.

The point of my comment was that it's not about appeasing people on this forum, it's about you being happy. I bought a BMW once and hated it. I'd always liked them, and had built them up in my mind to be something that didn't match my reality. The fact that many people love them didn't change the fact that I didn't like mine; neither did complaining about it. What made me happier was getting rid of it for something I enjoyed more.

I don't know you beyond a few comments on an internet message board, so maybe you're 90% happy and all I've come across is the stuff you don't like. It that's the case, that's one thing. But if you get pissed off every time you think about your truck....life's too short.
I just happened to stumble on this conversation about the banned member. I really don't care about that and his complaints. What I do want to say is you used the word "bespoke" and to my understanding, correctly. Impressive, someone did well in English class in school! Well done. (Sorry, I truly meant that as a compliment, I just enjoy language...words matter. I wish our politicians knew that ?)
Sponsored